Western Financial Group

Western Financial Group Work-life balance reviews

Featured review
Western Financial Group selected this as a representative review
Great place to start a career in the insurance industry, trained and be licensed, then wait for an opportunity to move forward in your career. Set goals for yourself.
Started here right after college, have loved every day since joining. Management truly cares about you and your success on the job. The work environment is like no other, great people always looking out for each other. The one part I really love is the training they provide to you, as a sales rep. We went through a week long process learning the product inside and out. As well as practicing so that when you're fully licensed you are ready to go! You never have to hesitate to ask management a question, they are always there to help and their doors are always open. If you are seriously looking for a job with better than great pay and a great work environment with even better management go to Western Financial!
Pros
Pay, Work/Life Balance, Management, Team Building, Training
Cons
My experience as an insurance advisor meant that I was able to talk with many people either on the phone or in person. The best part of the job was to be able to help people with their insurance needs and see if they could save money.
Company believes in growing from within,even has an in house training program to groom leaders. Company culture is very open and transparent from the top down.
This company does expect more from their employees than they can possibly do in a given work day and they keep putting on more. The benefit package is very good
Some great people work here. Unfortunately most of them are too afraid to speak up, to share ideas or concerns. This inhibits an environment where innovation and collaboration are part of the culture and people can safely feel heard and respected. Churn is high. Truthfulness, fairness, value and loyalty are professed not practiced. I witnessed numerous co-workers go from being strong, confident, capable and talented employees to stressed out shells of themselves who then ended up quietly being "packaged" out. Mental health is touted as important but show the slightest sign and out comes an envelope and an NDA. The hardest part of this job was working directly for a boss, not a leader. It felt like going backwards in time. When you have worked alongside some really great leaders before the contrast is glaringly apparent when you do not. The disconnect in the organization between the internal team and the sales team is a major obstacle over all and was challenging to navigate. In fairness I did work with some executives outside of my own team that did exemplify leadership that I was grateful to learn from. As is typical there are some really good apples in the bunch but there are a couple not so good ones spoiling it. In my tenure within this organization I accomplished some pretty great things unfortunately when it comes down to it, like many companies, you are just a number at the end of day.
Management ( team lead) does not have the proper training or people skills to manage a team. One set of rules for managers another set for employees. People being written up for invalid reasons. If you confront or voice your concerns they get their back up and defensive. They are not a fair work life balance. Management also talks about other staff to their co workers. Very very poor office moral. Current supervisor does not have training in all departments therefore it's very unfair that this person cannot assist all whom she oversees. They make u feel incompetent and second guess yourself all the time. It's really unfortunate as it use to be a great place to work. With current management it has unfortunately taken a toll for the worse.
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
I really enjoy working for Western Financial Group. Lots of training provided and lots of support within the company. I would recommend this company if you are looking to get into the Insurance Industry.
If you are interested in building a career, Western is a great place to do so. Opportunities are there is you work hard to know your role and advance your knowledge.
The best part of working for Western is the great people we work with. We have great structured procedures, while still making me feel valued as an individual. Western makes me feel like my opinions matter and is always encouraging new and innovative ideas.
I love working at a corporate head office in a small town. I live in the same small town. I love the short commute and the opportunity to balance my family life.
I enjoy working for a company that is very community minded, and Western definitely is! My manger and co-workers are great team players and make coming to work everyday enjoyable
The work I do is challenging and we are consistently under staffed. However this s young company and the IT department is beginning to mature. I have confidence that our feedback will result in better and better wages, benefits and work life balance.
Western Financial is a nice company that focuses out of its way to treat people like a family. The culture is nice with lots of internal promotions. Thanks
Western is a great place to work. Pay/benefits aren't great but the work/life balance is great and there is a family atmosphere. Management/Execs are accessible and easy to talk to/ask questions. There are social events every week but the location of head office means there isn't a lot of opportunity to go out for lunch or coffee unless you want to drive, so most people eat lunch at their desk, which means it can be a little antisocial. The company has been and continues to be successful so it's rewarding to be a part of their growth.
I have been with Western for a while now and I have a very mixed view of the company. We parade our principles of truthfulness, fairness, loyalty and value, but I've seen multiple times where the corporation takes over and those principles are completely ignored. I've seen gross unfairness leveled at employees, I've seen favoritism get people jobs, I've seen employees serious complaints ignored. I've seen loyal employees pushed out and destructive ones kept on or rehired. Some people feel they have no advancement options. I've also seen employees be really happy, have fun, most days are normal, easy and stress free. It depends on what area you work in. Some managers are smart, intelligent and treat their employees well and you can tell by how long their employees stay for. There are people here I truly enjoy working with. I don't think some of these positive and negative aspects are unique to this company. There are reasons I like working here. The work life balance, the people I get to work with, benefits, relatively easy job, reward of a job well done, recognition and community giving. I just struggle some days with the few examples I've seen that are the exact opposite of the principles the company likes to preach.
Coming to a place of work where your entire team works hard and enjoys themselves is extremely rewarding. The location here is less time then it took me to get to DT Calgary and I never get stuck in traffic, I'm door to door 30 minutes from Acadia. Our marketing team here is awesome and so are all the lovely people we get to work with across 180 branches. There's also much room to grow and tons of learning opportunities!
My days fly by, we are busy and the business keeps changing, it makes my role at Western very interesting. I have been with Western for over 5 years, and I have learned a lot, personally and professionally. My team members truly care about one another, and about the value we can bring our customers. The hardest part of the job is when not everyone in the company are on the same page. We are growing, so there are growing pains. But I also think that working through these growing pains together is what makes Western such a great place to work.
Western provides individuals the opportunity to learn and grow in a industry that will always have a future. It makes a effort to keep employees engaged and provides a very good work life balance. It can be incredibly busy at times but that helps the days go faster. It rewards initiative and creativity.
Many challenges, but none unexpected in the insurance industry. I received the right amount of support to excel at my job and would recommend this a an excellent place of employment to anyone seeking meaningful, diverse work in the this particular field.
When I started 6 years ago, I was new to insurance. Despite a stereotypically risk averse industry, this company changes at a rapid pace. If you are not good with change, a decision might be in order. For me, it is exciting with some very interesting projects to lead not to mention job security The other big factor keeping me here are the people- they are helpful, welcoming, open and supportive.