Western Financial Group

Western Financial Group Culture reviews

Featured review
Western Financial Group selected this as a representative review
Great place to start a career in the insurance industry, trained and be licensed, then wait for an opportunity to move forward in your career. Set goals for yourself.
Western financial is definitely one of the best places I have worked. They care about their employees, they’re up to date, they care about their clients and it was just overall a very favourable work experience. Highly recommend.
Pros
Advancement, training, great coworkers
Started here right after college, have loved every day since joining. Management truly cares about you and your success on the job. The work environment is like no other, great people always looking out for each other. The one part I really love is the training they provide to you, as a sales rep. We went through a week long process learning the product inside and out. As well as practicing so that when you're fully licensed you are ready to go! You never have to hesitate to ask management a question, they are always there to help and their doors are always open. If you are seriously looking for a job with better than great pay and a great work environment with even better management go to Western Financial!
Pros
Pay, Work/Life Balance, Management, Team Building, Training
Cons
I really enjoy my job at Western Financial Group. My daily duties are interesting and fast paced. Western has given me so many opportunities to learn more and advance in my career. Benefits are great and management is amazing. My coworkers are like my second family and are always there if I need anything. Overall great place to work and a great team!
Pros
Benefits, Teamwork, Learning Opportunities
Customer orientated. Look out for the customers best interest. Staff try and treat you like family. Great benefits in you are planning on making this a career
Company believes in growing from within,even has an in house training program to groom leaders. Company culture is very open and transparent from the top down.
Some great people work here. Unfortunately most of them are too afraid to speak up, to share ideas or concerns. This inhibits an environment where innovation and collaboration are part of the culture and people can safely feel heard and respected. Churn is high. Truthfulness, fairness, value and loyalty are professed not practiced. I witnessed numerous co-workers go from being strong, confident, capable and talented employees to stressed out shells of themselves who then ended up quietly being "packaged" out. Mental health is touted as important but show the slightest sign and out comes an envelope and an NDA. The hardest part of this job was working directly for a boss, not a leader. It felt like going backwards in time. When you have worked alongside some really great leaders before the contrast is glaringly apparent when you do not. The disconnect in the organization between the internal team and the sales team is a major obstacle over all and was challenging to navigate. In fairness I did work with some executives outside of my own team that did exemplify leadership that I was grateful to learn from. As is typical there are some really good apples in the bunch but there are a couple not so good ones spoiling it. In my tenure within this organization I accomplished some pretty great things unfortunately when it comes down to it, like many companies, you are just a number at the end of day.
For the short time I was there is a great team atmosphere in each department. The managers interacted with the staff on a regular basis. They are great!
As per Resume. It has been great 5 years working with Western Financial Group. I have set up the Internal Audit and Risk function. The senior leadership team has been great and very supportive.
Needs more culture. Need to pay more. It was male dominated. That's all I have to say. That is all. That is all. That is all. Thank you do very much and
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough minority
Training was below average. Backstabbing and under the bus instances. Staff that was in charge were unreliable. Quite possibly the sickest office ever. Management is green and needs training on how to manage and speak to staff. Sick days are good and benefits were okay, but lots of hoops to jump through. I was excited to start my brokerage career here. Change of management and everything went downhill. FAST. Don’t get me wrong. You can do worse. But if you start working for WFG be prepared for politics and high school antics. Be forewarned.
Pros
Sick days
Cons
Too many to list
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
Western Financial Group is a great place to work because the management is always helping to make sure you can improve and if you want move up within the company.
Western Financial Group does a great job of promoting individual and organizational growth while sticking to our Guiding Principles of Truthfulness, Fairness, Value and Loyalty.
The best part of working for Western is the great people we work with. We have great structured procedures, while still making me feel valued as an individual. Western makes me feel like my opinions matter and is always encouraging new and innovative ideas.
I enjoy working for a company that is very community minded, and Western definitely is! My manger and co-workers are great team players and make coming to work everyday enjoyable
Western Financial is a nice company that focuses out of its way to treat people like a family. The culture is nice with lots of internal promotions. Thanks
I have worked for Western Financial Group for over 9 years. I have been given many opportunities to grow my knowledge and skills. I enjoy the people and culture within the office.
Western is a great place to work, the staff are friendly and helpful. I would recommend Western, if anyone was looking to enter the insurance industry
A typical day is sufficiently varied to keep it interesting. Have expanded my skill horizon through new work assignments. Workplace culture is always slowly evolving and is challenged by constant employee turnover. Sensing the impact of staff shortages is the hardest part of the job. The best part is feeling my opinions are considered and valued.
Western Financial Group is an amazing company! There are many high tenure employees across all our Branches and Head Office. Western works hard at growing their culture, is very understanding, listens, learns, and implements best practices through many feedback touchpoints.
I love working at Western Financial. This company lives and breathes their guiding principles which is a rarity. The Senior Management team is awesome. Really care about the employees and the future of the company. Teams are fun to work with we attract great people!!