Western Financial Group

Western Financial Group Employee Reviews for Insurance Advisor

Featured review
Western Financial Group selected this as a representative review
Great place to start a career in the insurance industry, trained and be licensed, then wait for an opportunity to move forward in your career. Set goals for yourself.
Not a company I would recommend working at, there is a lot of gossiping and backstabbing. I felt like I was back in high school. Management is awful they lie, make up things and walk around doing nothing and are never available when you ask for help.There is a very high turnover due to what is expected from you and constantly being micromanaged and treated like garbage.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
You would assist your book of clients that you had and explain all the aspects of a group benefit plan to an owner, plan administrator or the employees of the company. The hardest part of the job is when a company left the business and your job was to keep them as part of your book of business.
Pros
Could leave for appts without making up the time
Cons
trying to keep a client that was trying to leave the company
My experience as an insurance advisor meant that I was able to talk with many people either on the phone or in person. The best part of the job was to be able to help people with their insurance needs and see if they could save money.
It used to be a family like atmosphere in the office,until a new branch manager came in and stopped all of that. I would not reccomend working there to my worst enemy. It's a shame so many good workers quit because of inexperienced and rude management!!
Management in office and higher up, head office are horrible. The turn around in office is horrible, turn around in HR is just as bad. The pay is lower for what’s required. They push sales on you, in a quiet office. Poor management makes unhappy staff, hence high staff turn around. If you need a job, it’s a great starting point, but your gonna wanna move on to better.
This company does expect more from their employees than they can possibly do in a given work day and they keep putting on more. The benefit package is very good
They provide a great training program and a lot of support throughout your education and licensing exams. It's a fast paced environment with a lot of room for growth.
Your day generally starts off with getting into the office and instantly starting to get calls and answer email requests. This is absolutely fine if you are used to a fast-paced environment but there are so many people that are hired that got the job because of "general insurance level 1 or 2" license. Be prepared to have to do the job of at least two people with no increase in compensation. The turn over rate is ridiculous. In the time that I worked there, there were 12 people that came and left before I finally had enough. If you're a good worker there, expect to be ridden into the ground. Management care only for sales and little about their employees. This goes for any level of management that you may come in contact with. The pay structure is laughable. Starting out at other companies in the same city you can instantly be making what someone who was there for almost 3 years was. Seniority means nothing as well. There is little to no opportunity to move up unless someone who has been there for years leaves the company. Those that are in any position that is higher than an Insurance Advisor do not know the basics that those under them do. There were many times that I would be doing the job of those above me because they wouldn't or couldn't do it. Listen to your employees. It isn't always just petty issues. Something that seems small to management can be quite large to those that are under them. Working here ruined a career path for me that at first I enjoyed and now just am glad that I never had to deal with again.
Pros
Quarterly Bonuses
Cons
Weekend Work, Low Pay
I had an amazing team and management at Western financial group. I have gained great experience and knowledge being a broker. we worked as one western in Lloydminster and have achieved amazing results together. i have learned to prioritize my tasks and help clients while being positive throughout the day. The three years at Western has definitely prepared me for my future role as Insurance adviser.
Training was below average. Backstabbing and under the bus instances. Staff that was in charge were unreliable. Quite possibly the sickest office ever. Management is green and needs training on how to manage and speak to staff. Sick days are good and benefits were okay, but lots of hoops to jump through. I was excited to start my brokerage career here. Change of management and everything went downhill. FAST. Don’t get me wrong. You can do worse. But if you start working for WFG be prepared for politics and high school antics. Be forewarned.
Pros
Sick days
Cons
Too many to list
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
I love my job as a Insurance Advisor. Just feel that that we are not respected and the expectations are high and usually not able to succeed. At times my position was threatened if goals were not met.
over the years we have seen changes in management,procedures, staffing etc which of course affect everyone in the branch, but i personally have seen the table turned from one of the worst performing branch to mid performing branch. improved communication, client service, and hopefully pay range follow suit.. still hoping to see more community participation and financial commitments for local support.
Pretty good place to work. Fantastic staff. We have not have had a manager for a few years now, and that part is super frustrating. After a really long time, we are not short-staffed, and that has helped to boost morale.
Ive learned that there is much to be learned and you have to be willing to ask and be consistent in your job to be successful - always stay positive too
Arriving at work after the weather has changed for the better, I've noticed quite a shift in out clients outlook. They are more positive and are looking forward to 2019 which only provides a better opportunity to serve them as they are purchasing more material possessions and of course my job in the service role is to ensure they are insuring them to what they need.
My days consist of a mix of both Home and Auto Insurance. Despite having a fair amount of experience with both I still find myself learning new things every day. My manager is always there if I need them and won't hesitate to help when I request it. Both Home and Auto Insurance are quite vast in terms of how much you need to do and learn, but I am lucky to have a team that supports me and stands behind me, as I do for them.
The best part of my job is the people that I work with and the relationships that we have with our customers. I am learning new things everyday and there are plenty of opportunities to grow in your career if you want to. I have been working with Western Financial Group for 12 years. We have a great benefit plan which has been very helpful for my family. I also love the way Western Financial Group Communities Foundation helps out local communities. We have fundraising events throughout the year that benefit our local community where our branch is located and giving back is very important to me.
Western Financial Group is a great company to work for. I have been working with Western for 5 years and I love my job. I would recommend Western Financial Group to any one that wants to work on insurance.
Every day is an adventure. New and unique challenges present themselves every day. You must be able think on your feet and not develop tunnel vision. Creativity is an essential component of looking after our customers needs. Management allows creativity and is always there to provide constructive feedback. The culture is very team oriented so you are never isolated on your own island so to speak. The toughest part of the job is following all of the protocols now in place because of changing times. The hard market we live in also causes financial stress to clients with rising rates and demands made by insurance companies. The best part of the job is seeing the customer leave the office knowing that they have a plan in place that best suits their needs.
Starts at 9:30 am, end at 5:30, clients always first, management has been in a lot of changes, but for the best. The hardest part of the job is deal with mad clients with Autopac. The best part of the job , in the location I am, you can count on your co- workers like a team.