Western Financial Group

Western Financial Group Employee Reviews for Account Executive

This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
We have gone from a Service Oriented Environment to a Sales Environment : which is all well and good it the tools are provided in timely fashion and infrastructure supports our new focus--Neither were the case although is see some attempts at bridging the gap; Happy with how we are treated by management and compensation I think is fair
I really enjoy my job at Western Financial Group. My daily duties are interesting and fast paced. Western has given me so many opportunities to learn more and advance in my career. Benefits are great and management is amazing. My coworkers are like my second family and are always there if I need anything. Overall great place to work and a great team!
Pros
Benefits, Teamwork, Learning Opportunities
In the beginning I thought I had hit the jackpot. Came in with no prior insurance background and by the end of 3 months had my level 2 insurance licence. Head office promised us the world, home office, expenses paid, support staff to handle submissions and admin work so we could sell, sell, sell. Started with no book of business so we needed that. Support staff refused to assist and only gave advice and did not know how to use the systems. Had 5 different managers in 3 years, only one knew how to coach us and they let him go. Bit by bit all the perks were whittled away and I was stuck with a manager that had no idea how coach/manage a commercial producer, advisor staff were verbally abusive, clients given to other staff even if they were one of my prospects/referrals, blamed for mismanaging files even with clear documentation to prove this was not the case. I could go on and on. In the end, instead of honouring what was promised or offering another position within the company they let me go. Along with everyone else that took their commercial producer program.
I love the atmosphere in our office. Probably one of the best offices that I have worked in. I wish that I had more time in the day to get everything done that I need to get done but I have the backing of my coworkers to help me
Western has always provided me with advancement opportunities and my management gives me the tools I need to succeed in sales. This is an excellent place to work!
Pretty good Benefits, advancement opportunities if willing to relocate and very caring when dealing with employees who are going through personal or family issues.
Western is a great place to work with friendly co-workers and focused management. Our career path is important to everyone and effort is put in by management to help us attain our goals. I highly recommend Western Financial Group as an employer!
Enjoy my work on a day to day basis. I feel connected to my customers and have the ability to form real relationships with them which is important to me.
A great company to work for! The company values and encourages its employees to have a real work-life balance. Furthermore, Western really care about its customers. The challenges that lay ahead of the insurance industry are phenomenal. However, Western Financial Group seems to be aware of it and it is working hard to get adapted to this new tech world. Doing so, WFG will certainly offer to its employees an amazing professional experience, which undoubtedly will directly reflect upon the customers' satisfaction.
Financial Service Account Executive positions can be very rewarding positions. It is challenging, overwhelming and stressful at times, but knowing that clients trust you to protect their families is the reward. You are always learning and adapting to changes in the industry, client behaviors, and your daily activities to succeed. It does take great determination and wanting to surpass your goals, and go above and beyond. I have always said that it does take a very driven, dedicated individual to succeed at this position. Western Financial Group does have great support system, and great co-workers that are always available to help out when needed, or pull you through a slump and help you get back in the action.
This position was simply the wrong fit, for a hunter. It was too closely tied to the office, with the focus on current clients. It did not offer enough time to grow the business.
The company is great to work for. They paid for my licensing (general insurance license level 2) and have been amazing. Management is has been nothing short of amazing in the brief time I have worked here.