Western Financial Group

Western Financial Group Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Featured review
Western Financial Group selected this as a representative review
Great place to start a career in the insurance industry, trained and be licensed, then wait for an opportunity to move forward in your career. Set goals for yourself.
Started here right after college, have loved every day since joining. Management truly cares about you and your success on the job. The work environment is like no other, great people always looking out for each other. The one part I really love is the training they provide to you, as a sales rep. We went through a week long process learning the product inside and out. As well as practicing so that when you're fully licensed you are ready to go! You never have to hesitate to ask management a question, they are always there to help and their doors are always open. If you are seriously looking for a job with better than great pay and a great work environment with even better management go to Western Financial!
Pros
Pay, Work/Life Balance, Management, Team Building, Training
Cons
You would assist your book of clients that you had and explain all the aspects of a group benefit plan to an owner, plan administrator or the employees of the company. The hardest part of the job is when a company left the business and your job was to keep them as part of your book of business.
Pros
Could leave for appts without making up the time
Cons
trying to keep a client that was trying to leave the company
Company believes in growing from within,even has an in house training program to groom leaders. Company culture is very open and transparent from the top down.
For the short time I was there is a great team atmosphere in each department. The managers interacted with the staff on a regular basis. They are great!
Needs more culture. Need to pay more. It was male dominated. That's all I have to say. That is all. That is all. That is all. Thank you do very much and
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough minority
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
My days consist of a mix of both Home and Auto Insurance. Despite having a fair amount of experience with both I still find myself learning new things every day. My manager is always there if I need them and won't hesitate to help when I request it. Both Home and Auto Insurance are quite vast in terms of how much you need to do and learn, but I am lucky to have a team that supports me and stands behind me, as I do for them.
The best part of my job is the people that I work with and the relationships that we have with our customers. I am learning new things everyday and there are plenty of opportunities to grow in your career if you want to. I have been working with Western Financial Group for 12 years. We have a great benefit plan which has been very helpful for my family. I also love the way Western Financial Group Communities Foundation helps out local communities. We have fundraising events throughout the year that benefit our local community where our branch is located and giving back is very important to me.
Western Financial Group is a great company to work for. I have been working with Western for 5 years and I love my job. I would recommend Western Financial Group to any one that wants to work on insurance.
Every day is an adventure. New and unique challenges present themselves every day. You must be able think on your feet and not develop tunnel vision. Creativity is an essential component of looking after our customers needs. Management allows creativity and is always there to provide constructive feedback. The culture is very team oriented so you are never isolated on your own island so to speak. The toughest part of the job is following all of the protocols now in place because of changing times. The hard market we live in also causes financial stress to clients with rising rates and demands made by insurance companies. The best part of the job is seeing the customer leave the office knowing that they have a plan in place that best suits their needs.
Starts at 9:30 am, end at 5:30, clients always first, management has been in a lot of changes, but for the best. The hardest part of the job is deal with mad clients with Autopac. The best part of the job , in the location I am, you can count on your co- workers like a team.
This is a great company to work for; excellent Compensation & Benefits and Job Work/Life Balance; remarkable workplace culture and growth opportunities.
Typical day looks like making 80-100 cold calls a day working from 8am-6pm. Your daily plan is trying to get 3 to 5 business owners interested in doing business with you. Can make very good money in this role but most sales representatives usually transfer into other roles, other departments, or leave the company entirely with a max of 3 years in the role as the job is very taxing as you constantly are pressured into hitting an unrealistic quota each month. There is also pay inequity as they implemented a training program wage of $27,000 but when they hired new sales representatives they were brought on for $37,000 without increasing the pay for existing sales staff for the same experience, and same role.
Pros
Can make lots of money
Cons
High pressure sales, no security
I enjoyed a really good work life balance while working at Western Financial Group.Management was really good.The culture was very good. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers.
This company is NOT heading in the right direction. People turnover is just too much, no stability and hard to say what's going to happen tomorrow. Salary wasn't that good and benefits are average at best. People are nice to work with, but management doesn't seem to know what they are doing. No plan.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, great lunch room
Cons
No direction, no stability, people turnover
The company is great to work for. They paid for my licensing (general insurance license level 2) and have been amazing. Management is has been nothing short of amazing in the brief time I have worked here.
The pet insurance branch is a very warm and friendly environment. Pets (mainly dogs) are even allowed to be brought in, with prior permission. It's a really fantastic place to work.
Pros
Great people, great coffee
Cons
if you have dog allergies, it may not be the place for you
A great place to work if you want to create a steady life routine as hours are great. Benefits are only okay, not too good though. The people you get to work with are great. Little to no advancement opportunity though.
I would recommend this place to any recent business school looking to gain valuable experience.The company takes a no excuse results based look at performance.They also provide great sales training that is easily transferable.However, the job have incredibly high turnover that really creates an toxic atmosphere and a lot of dissension between management and employees.In the end I feel that the experience and generous earnings potential outweigh the cons.
Pros
great earning potential
Cons
incredibly high turnover