Western Financial Group

Western Financial Group Employee Reviews in Victoria, BC

Ok pay. Excellent benefits. Position had far more expectations & demands than advertised. Mgmt tracks every single error, no matter how miniscule or& tracks every in/outbound email. Speed & accuracy are paramount. Being trained by a peer does not necessarily mean that you are given all the relevant information required. Gossip is rampant. Not necessarily the most supportive atmosphere for a newcomer.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Attitude of "team members" to department newbies
Not a company I would recommend working at, there is a lot of gossiping and backstabbing. I felt like I was back in high school. Management is awful they lie, make up things and walk around doing nothing and are never available when you ask for help.There is a very high turnover due to what is expected from you and constantly being micromanaged and treated like garbage.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
They never pay their clients claims. Very stressful work environment due to complaints constantly. High roll lover of staff as upper management makes you micro manage every one. Complaints are not resolved and clients are stressed out due to it. Negative work environment no resolution to back feedback. Waste of time if you want a long term career
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
Western Financial Group is a great place to work because the management is always helping to make sure you can improve and if you want move up within the company.
I really enjoy working for Western Financial Group. Lots of training provided and lots of support within the company. I would recommend this company if you are looking to get into the Insurance Industry.
If you are interested in building a career, Western is a great place to do so. Opportunities are there is you work hard to know your role and advance your knowledge.
Western Financial is a great company to work for. The hardest and also most rewarding part of this job is being able to help clients with their needs and make sure they understand what they are getting. Customer service is really important at Western.
My days fly by, we are busy and the business keeps changing, it makes my role at Western very interesting. I have been with Western for over 5 years, and I have learned a lot, personally and professionally. My team members truly care about one another, and about the value we can bring our customers. The hardest part of the job is when not everyone in the company are on the same page. We are growing, so there are growing pains. But I also think that working through these growing pains together is what makes Western such a great place to work.
The day is busy from the time your arrive until you leave with customers lined out the door. I have learned to take one client at a time as I am only one person. The manager is very supportive and helpful. The hardest part o the job is keeping up with serving clients and the best part is our clients and co workers.
I have worked for Western for two years. I have enjoyed my job and my coworkers. The culture of our office is very team focused; we know each others strengths and weaknesses and consider that on a daily basis. We do not work on a program with any one specific company; rather, we are able to offer our clients a choice of insurance companies factoring in their specific needs in a policy.
There is no leadership from management, There is not much guidance nor assistance from management when it comes to inquiries or helping with clients when it gets busy with walkins, therefore Insurance Agents get the brunt of the ridicule from customers on wait times. Verbal comments on numerous occasions from the Manager: "I'm a manager, I have done my time" or "it's not my job to boost morale" This is very poor leadership and is embarrassing that, that view is what is being show, not only to clients but employees as the face of Coast Capital Insurance. Employees are expected to train new staff without a training itinerary or guidelines and are still expected to get high sale targets when away from your desk; helping that a new employee get their bearings. There is more negative feedback from management instead of constructive criticism, which can be very draining on a daily basis. There is no work/life balance; it is suggested on a regular basis to come in early to complete tasks or work through your breaks. The staff turnover is higher and is extremely straining on the senior staff. There is never the budget to get you to a higher level of Insurance qualifications, which is disappointing as well. There is barely much movement ability for different career roles within the company. The Coworkers; and peers however are what's amazing, that's where knowledge and support comes from, bouncing ideas and learning new things all the time, thanks to my peers and the Underwriters in the call centre whom are fantastic on answering questions and providing guidance
Micro-managed in every aspect of the workplace. Competitors pay better and offer more freedom and peace of mind. Upper management doesn't seem to have any awareness of how much pressure is exerted on their front line employees.
To me there is no typical day working for western/coast capital insurance. You experience and learn something new every day without fail. My favourite part of my job is my Manager and my co -workers. As the newest person on the team, they have all been exceptionally supportive and knowledgeable in answering all of my questions. They each encourage my growth as an insurance advisor in their own way while keeping things upbeat and fun. The toughest part of the job is when I encounter situations I’ve never dealt with before. This can be challenging but it really helps keep me focused and gives me a chance to put everything I’ve learned into effect as an advisor. I genuinely enjoy my daily encounters with new customers and helping educate them on their insurance needs which in turn ensures they will come back to see me again because they had a positive experience in our branch.
I like helping my customers understand insurance. There is always something new to learn which keeps me interested and motivated. I like working in a team environment where we learn from each other.
The workflow runs smoothly, co workers are great and helpful. It is a enjoyable job dealing with the public you learn something every day. The job is very awarding.
I genuinely believe that this is an exceptional company to work for - it's all about the Teamwork, and Customer Service. Staff are appreciated for their skills set and knowledge, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. Management provides us with up-to-date information, promotes positivity and is respectful of inclusion and diversity.
Coast Capital Insurance is a great place to work, the work/life balance is great and the people are fantastic. It’s great to work for a company who is active in the community and I personally can say I’m proud to be part of such a winning team. I would recommend Coast Capital Insurance to both my family and friends alike.
I absolutely love my position here, and I tell people where I work with pride! The company is very supportive through the learning process and help is always available in department. Management is involved in all of the every day functioning and support the staff where and when they can. The business itself works hard to do things for the community, and encourages the staff to participate! I have always worked basic customer service positions before, like fast food and retail, so I am very excited to have this fantastic opportunity for security and growth!
Working in a fast paced Contact Centre environment is challenging, but also rewarding. You learn a lot about insurance, that you probably never knew about. The staff and management here are all helpful and friendly. The pace can get quite fast at times, but it is always important for us to make sure we get everything done correctly at all times. Team work is always very important.
This is a great place to work, there is lots of career advancement as well as it the management here is very understanding and supportive. The only challenge I have encountered here is the work schedules, you are expected to work on weekends, and some nights as well.
The best part of the job is working with great people, meeting new people and helping customers with their insurance needs. The job requires a lot of focus to detail, listening skills and problem solving. Insurance industry is one that requires a lot of knowledge and understanding of the business. Everyone works together to help and assist eachother with job duties, customer service and knowledge enhancement. A typical work day is a combination of front line customer service and admin duties.