Western Financial Group

Western Financial Group Employee Reviews in Medicine Hat, AB

This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
Pros: Great place to work. great family / work balance Cons: Not paid enough hours are unrealistic Overall a great company to work for and to be employed by.
Official response from Western Financial Group
27 March 2020
Hi there, we're thrilled to have you onboard down in Medicine Hat. Have a nice weekend.
I can only speak for the office I work at. We are always understaffed and overworked. There is constant turnover and it takes months to train new hires to the point where they can even begin to help. You will be stretched very thin, always just getting by. Expect to work unpaid overtime on a regular basis. The management style consists of ignoring your successes and focusing only on your mistakes. Mistakes are unavoidable, though, because you will always be rushed to catch up. You will be told that you are falling behind and need to catch up, and in the next breath that you need to slow down and take your time. They do have good benefits, though they aren't as good for as they used to be, and you do get 3 weeks of vacation days, so its not all bad. However, I wouldn't really recommend the job to anyone. Certainly not as a long term position.
I like my job. I believe I believe I should make more money but there are lots of other perks. Overall really great place to work. I recommend applying to friends often.
We have a fantastic workplace environment. Everyone is wonderful to work with, and everyone works as a team to help each other out. We truly care about our clients and want to ensure they have the best possible insurance coverage's and advise.
Great place to work with lots of opportunity for advancement. Fast paced and friendly work environment. Managers guide and push you into the roles that best suit your personality. They definitely take your opinion into consideration when making changes and help you to grow.
There are numerous positions at Western Financial Group. If you do the courses and put in the time, you are in control of your own destiny. My management team are supportive and empathetic, great to work with. We have a positive atmosphere, and the days are very busy, which makes time fly by, always learning and doing different tasks from one customer to another. The benefits are great, but the pay is low compared to other brokerages in our city.
Day at work is reviewing emails, doing senseless activities, walk-in clients, and completing new applications. I have learned, the more successful you are, the harder the company makes it to obtain goals, and compensation, thus keeping more money in their pockets. Management at our branch is fantastic, seem as though they want to help out employees, but also have to answer to upper management so it makes it difficult to get our voices heard. Workplace culture is great, co workers are awesome to work with hardest part of the job is maintaining a good work/life balance as there is so much asked of us for such a small wage in comparison to the amount of work done. the best part of the job is the people i work with, knowledge they provide to me
Some of the management in our office can be on a power trip at times. If you make an error it can be a big deal, but no one is perfect. The hardest part of the job would be trying to get time with management because there is always so many meetings. The best part of the job is that they are fair when it comes to family. Family always comes first.
As a new employee to Western Financial Group I found the team aspect so refreshing! The management team takes a genuine interest in all employees and are very approachable and knowledgeable. Coming from an alternate brokerage that did not meet my expectations or show any interest in the happiness and advancement of staff it is very rewarding to be a part of the Western Financial Team!
Western Is an amazing place to work. They treat you like family and everyday is fun and challenging. Would highly recommend Western to any potential employee.
Western has always provided me with advancement opportunities and my management gives me the tools I need to succeed in sales. This is an excellent place to work!
Pretty good Benefits, advancement opportunities if willing to relocate and very caring when dealing with employees who are going through personal or family issues.
Western is a great place to work with friendly co-workers and focused management. Our career path is important to everyone and effort is put in by management to help us attain our goals. I highly recommend Western Financial Group as an employer!
Enjoy my work on a day to day basis. I feel connected to my customers and have the ability to form real relationships with them which is important to me.
They do not care about their new employees. Training was horrible. Management was very disorganized. Did not deal with any issues brought forth.
Pros
Free benefits
Cons
Everything else
Not for everyone, some problems. Please find out for yourself CONFIDENTIAL - The rating you provide is completely anonymous and will not be shown with your review.
Reviewed list of upcoming renewals and prepared the appropriate documents for the commercial brokers; learned to use different systems and gained a bit of an insight into commercial insurance. The manager that hired me was very knowledgeable and easy to work with/for. It was a very relaxed atmosphere to work in but we still got the job done. My co-workers were approachable and open to questions as needed. Management changed and the whole atmosphere of the office changed....it wasn't as enjoyable to go to work every day. The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing what was put before daily and talking to a variety of people throughout the day,
Pros
Everyone got along and worked well together
Cons
Change in management styles; job was eliminated due to lack of work