Western Financial Group

Western Financial Group Employee Reviews in Kelowna, BC

This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
I have found Western to be a very supportive place to work and this has proved true over the 21years I have worked for the company. Through personal and professional struggles, the majority of my management and supervisors have been very helpful and offered lots of guidance and patience. A good work day is when I am able to help someone with a situation they thought was impossible, like getting property insurance during the middle of our Fire Season. Alternatively a good day is any day that you learn something new that could help you to help customers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with clients that are very disillusioned about Auto Insurance in BC, especially with the current financial troubles that ICBC is having. It is very challenging to try to explain premium increases when everyone is feeling the financial crunch. I have learned throughout the years that employee job satisfaction is the key to customer satisfaction and company progression. Most of my managers/supervisors have shown me how to help myself and my co-workers obtain and retain that satisfaction. We spend more time with our co-workers than with our family at some times, we need to learn how to get along with each other and our personal egos have no place in the office if everyone is to succeed and share in that success.
This job provides a lot of room for advancement in the office and lets you work in different subject of insurance, for example, autoplan, home insurance, commercial insurance and financial services. You can learn something new everyday. The job is based on excellent customer service. I would say the only bad part of the job/company is that I feel the compensation is not fair.
It seems great for new hires, and they are promised great benefits and pay. However once you have been here a while, you see there is no follow through to promises made.
There is opportunity to grow within western financial group whether it be auto, personal lines, commercial, financial services or management as long as you are driven to pursue these opportunities.
This company is similar to other brokerages. Your experience depends on the manager you work for. Benefits are low comparably. There are opportunities to advance but 100% depends on your manager, if you have a bad manager, you have to leave the company to advance
There has been revolving door of employees coming and going since I was hired. The company has tried to get decent people by increasing the starting wage, but they are bringing in inexperienced unlicensed people and paying them the same wage as the existing employees who have years of experience and seniority, which has caused disention. They do not consider license level in the wages but dangle a carrot saying if you get your next level you will get a raise and they don't follow thru on that promise. We are constantly short staffed due to employee displeasure. The management is trying to correct the ship but it's not working and most staff will not be here to see the change if and when that happens. We are overworked, underpaid and they say they value us as employees but very seldom show that. The benefits are the only decent part of the job.
A typical day is very busy. Lots to do and lots to learn. It's a big office here so there are many different personalities and different kinds of experience to learn from.
Western Financial Group was a good place to work. A typical day would involve working with clients to make sure that they had proper insurance on their vehicles. I worked well with my co-workers and they were always there to help me and me to help them.
Jobs at Western Financial Group