Western Financial Group
Western Financial Group Employee Review

Life at western

10 June 2019
Management ( team lead) does not have the proper training or people skills to manage a team. One set of rules for managers another set for employees. People being written up for invalid reasons. If you confront or voice your concerns they get their back up and defensive. They are not a fair work life balance. Management also talks about other staff to their co workers. Very very poor office moral. Current supervisor does not have training in all departments therefore it's very unfair that this person cannot assist all whom she oversees. They make u feel incompetent and second guess yourself all the time. It's really unfortunate as it use to be a great place to work. With current management it has unfortunately taken a toll for the worse.
1.0Job security/advancement
5 June 2019
Same role
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) - Saskatchewan
Wages a joke, even after additional education no wage increase Upper management is only out to line their own pockets Front line workers expected to take on more and more duties without any wage increases Very unprofessional/harassing emails from management telling you that you are not working hard enough Expected to work extended hours without pay or time off in lieu Bonus' are rated on complete office performance rather than individual performance No opinions are wanted, shut up and work... Branch Managers change often....can't keep them...wonder why???
Pros
Caring Co Workers
Cons
Wages, Management
3 July 2018
Same role
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee) - Manitoba
I find it almost obscene how much disconnect there is between the front line staff and the so called regional managers. They blatant lack of respect for people and their personal life is astounding! I mean I don't expect to be coddled, I will work hard but in return you need to respect the people in the trenches making this company function. I have never been so disenchanted with a company after listening to a conversation between a head office director and my manager, so artificial and uncaring. I'm currently looking for alternative employment.
Pros
Markets at your disposal
Cons
Anxiety and no job security.
6 March 2015
Same location
administrative assistant (Former Employee) - Prince George, BC
As receptionist I was the first impression both on the phone and in person exuding a happy atmosphere with professionalism. I got along with all co-workers both in and out of the office. The most enjoyable part of my job was the client contact, and at sometimes the most difficult part (ie irate clients, etc). I was employed at WFG for 12 years and had good work ethics, was very dependable, organized and moved traffic throughout the office in an efficient manner.