Western Financial Group Insurance Solutions

Western Financial Group Insurance Solutions Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
Poor workplace culture and integrity
Western Financial Group could be a great place to work but due to lack of integrity, poor management, and lack of accountability, clients and employees do not benefit. Drinking on the job, lying and scamming clients, and management stealing from the company, leads to a very negative work experience. Don't waste your time. There are no advancement opportunities. It's a sad waste of a company with potential due to poor management choices.
Poor employee engagement with poor managers
Management told us several years in a row to lie on the annual employee engagement survey. Management consistently said they wanted employees to be empowered however when an employee made a decision and asked for support from even direct supervisors, supervisors would go against employees with no explanation, even when an explanation was requested. When going to a manager with an issue of any sort, rather than working with the employee to solve the issue, management would either take over and not involve the employee at all, or wouldn't offer assistance saying to "figure it out yourself". These would have been excellent opportunities for management to work with employees to better learn their role, but this was pretty much never done. I learned far more from my immediate colleagues than I ever did from management. But at the same time, sometimes what a colleague taught me when management refused, I was told the wrong thing.

In terms of salary, work/life balance and culture: Salary was low for the industry. Work/life balance wasn't terrible when I left however there was a lot of discussion involving requiring employees to be available to clients after hours (7 am to 10 pm), with no additional compensation. Bonus structure was under constant review to the point that bonuses were no longer given because the bonus structure would be under review before the prior bonus structure even reached a point where one could earn a bonus (ie: quarterly bonus would be presented to start Jan 1 but by mid March, the bonus structure was under review again, and the old bonus from Jan 1 was no
 - more...
Negative and unprofessional culture
Very poor management that is unqualified and promoted based on personal relationships. Unprofessional, negative atmosphere. Poor service to long time clients. Hires students from university with no work experience and operates a revolving door of staff. Negative behavior is not addressed by management or regular staff. The management sets a very poor example and staff drink alcohol during the work day which is not dicouraged. It is absolutely ridiculous.
Official response from Western Financial Group Insurance Solutions
28 November 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback, we are sorry that you did not have a great experience. We strive to create an environment that encourages innovation, teamwork and growth. We take your feedback seriously and encourage all employees to speak with their leaders or connect with Human Resources to help identify and remedy issues. We have shared this review with our management team.
Hard working sales environment with great support and likelihood of success
Working as a commercial sales representative is a great entry level position for someone looking to be paid well and learn a lot about sales, insurance, and business in general. It can also be a great career, after you develop your skills and build a pipeline, you will be compensated very well. The company has changed much in the last year and has improved its transparency with strategic objectives and company direction, while also looking for opportunities to grow.

I cannot speak to other departments, but the sales department has a great culture. It is a great team environment with lots of support from coworkers and management. We work hard and have lots of fun. This is a sales over-the-phone job. Despite the negative perception that cold calling has, this company develops competent, hard working, and successful sales reps.

If you are resilient and have a positive attitude, this is a job you can make a lot of money at - and have fun doing it.
Dynamic workplace and great environment
A great company to work for especially if you are looking for a career in sales. The sales role in both employee benefits and commercial departments provides a solid pay structure where you have a base salary plus unlimited income potential along with a full benefits package.

Management is constantly looking for creative ways to improve sales within the department and you can tell that they're looking to see you succeed within the role (e.g hiring staff to specifically support the sales department).

Also a fun environment to be a part of. Doing well in a month/quarter leads to team events. Like any sales environment, there are ups and downs throughout the year but overall, I would say that it's a positive and upbeat environment.
Pros
Income potential
Cons
Can be stressful
Changing environment that allows staff to grow
As a self-motivated individual I have found working in a changing environment like Western Financial Group Insurance Solutions has allowed me to grow and become an expert in the industry. In a typical day I respond to client inquires and work with internal departments to provide the best solutions for my clients. My manager allows me the freedom to make decisions that are best for our clients. The most challenging part of my day is multi-tasking between the various duties and requirements of my position. I find staying organized helps me work through these day to day challenges.
Pros
Assisting Clients
Cons
Communication
Basic office job
Hours are good, 8:30-4:30 typically. Management seems to be a rotating door, in a year I had 3 different managers and in my department alone the turnover is very high, 27 people quit or were fired within a year in a department that is supposed to be 40 employees. Very high pressure with little support from upper management for sales goals. My particular department was male dominated as were all management positions so there was no room to advance.
Pros
regular hours
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Western Financial Group Insurance Solutions?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Financial Group Insurance Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6