WESTERN CANADA LOTTERY CORPORATION

WESTERN CANADA LOTTERY CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
I applied for a certain job description, yet I'm doing something related but overly simple and was treated like a 'lackie'. I gave them what they needed. The people in my department never include me in their network. They talk over me and answer questions about my job. Any job I'm assigned, they always want to take over my role, they get in the team and take over and disinclude me unless the boss talks to them. And then they go back and do it over again.
Lack in respect and diversity
Management is fixed minded, no open discussions. Rough for outsiders to be made to feel like part of the team. Very low risk tolerance. High stress due to poor communication
Pros
Long Vacation
Cons
Unable to book vacation
Productive and Good work place
Western Canada Lottery Corporation is a great place to work at. The employees are helpful, knowledgeable and understanding. The managers and supervisors are trying to pull the company forward and I feel there is a lot of opportunity in their IT department and the company in general.
one department is a boys club
Being a professional I know how important making friends at work is in order to secure your position and advance in the company. When I arrived I made sure I was friendly, kind, and happy to help. It was also genuine. I continued doing this until the present. however, I was told my department was a "boys club". If I were anyone recognized and respected who is a female, I'd be cautious about what department you work in.
Aaaaaa
I worked at western lottery for six months I worked saskatoon fire protection for a year and a half I worked at levitt for 2 years I worked in Calgary doing insulation
Great work, family balance and support for career advancement
Management supports cultural diversities and welcome skills and talents of new immigrants.
The most enjoyable part of the job as if everybody is working together as one big family.
A good starting place
My first experience with this company allowed me to learn about the internal workings of the MIS systems, specifically the prize payouts and financial systems. This later allowed me to excel in my QA position.
A supportive company
This company is supportive of employee initiatives, employee development, and of family dynamic.It offers fair employee benefits, and recognizes employees on work well done.
Stragetic
To be able to stage bases for VLT's and put them together according to blueprints for each place that allowed VLT's for all of Saskatoon bars and lounges. To be able to do it in a efficient timely manor. To get them together and ready for shipping was great problem solving. Really enjoyed my time with the company.
good
WCLC is a good company to work for as well. There are about 6 clerks in the accounting department and they do all the finance work for different provinces.
Great company to work with
Its a great company with great people to work with. There are trainings to make you more efficient in information technology.
Good workplace, bad manager
Job was good, some travel involved. Personal manager was terrible at the time.
Pros
health benefits, pension
Cons
lacking in technology
Good job security
Its a good place to work for. My co-workers are very helpful.
Pros
job security
Cons
Awesome workplace, very interesting place to work!
Was an awesome place, learned a lot about VLT machines that we rolled out throughout saskatchewan. Was on a five month contract
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits
Cons
only a term job
Slow moving bureaucratic nightmare
Most days are spent fixing issues create by uneducated coworkers. Management does not do their jobs, and any decisions are ultimately filtered to and decided by the vice president. The slow moving work environment makes it hard to feel like you have accomplished anything. There is literally no consequent for poor performance or lack of knowledge with co-workers. The hardest part of the job is trying to download tools or research issues when internet is not allowed at workstations. The only enjoyable part of the job is 7 hour work days and job security.
Pros
job security
Cons
no access to internet at workstations, mismanaged, not enough knowledgeable staff.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WESTERN CANADA LOTTERY CORPORATION. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7