WESTECH VAC SYSTEMS Employee Reviews

Friendly people
B-welder,fitter,lead hand,forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB20 June 2016
Safety meetings first thing in the morning, I worked in the tank shop. My position was B welder, fitter, grinder, sub ark, operator, forklift driver. very easy going, very hard work, deadlines. all training was provided, from safety to welding tickets. Good bunch of people on my shift to work with, the worst part of the job confined space bad ventilation equipment. Most enjoyable working 4-10's, good pay, company bbq's, people from other country's I got to meet a lot of really awesome people.
Pros
Happy people and fun safe place to work
Cons
very hard work/hot
Was a fun place to work
Finishing Lead Hand / Driver (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB11 April 2016
With my time here it was a great place to work. the people were first class and the work was next to perfect. enjoyed going to work every day.
Nusy and slow nights
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB15 March 2016
There were nights that I wouldn't have time for dinner and other nights that Id have nothing but time. On the slow nights I'd try to keep busy by doing the inventory but that usually only took me a few hours and then I'd have 6 - 8 hours left to sit around and try to look busy
Pros
Free dinners every month
Cons
Long hours and too much driving
Good place to work until the management changed and they werent doing what the customer asked
Labourer and some Electrical (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB26 March 2015
A typical day at work for me was oiling tools in the morning and then after that pretty much doing anything that was asked of me it went from using power tools to using the band saw and drill press doing some electrical on vac trucks also put parts away in the tool crib. I learned alot by working there. Ex. Working in a fast paced enviroment, got along with everyone. There was really no hard part about my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was the co workers and getting to know them and working with them and talking with them it made the day go by so much faster
Typical day
Tool Crib / Parts Room Person (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB28 April 2014
My typical day started at 3:30 pm and finished at 2 a.m. I'd come in and have a quick 10 - 15 minute safety meeting with the rest of the guys / gals and the boss or foreman for the night. After the safety meeting I went to the toolcrib and I'd check my board to see what needed to be done and how many crates I had to pull during my shift as well as checking to see if the day shift person got all his stuff done. Once I knew everything that I needed to get done by the end of my shift I set a time limit on how long I could spend on each thing and figured out the most effective way of accomplishing my tasks by the end of the shift. After this I'd check in with the foreman to see if there was anything he needed done which wasn't up on my board (usually there was) and I'd adjust my plans accordingly.

Most of my co - workers where good guys (I didn't work with them directly) but they all had this idea or concept that I did nothing all night but sit at the counter waiting for them to need something. The boss or foreman I only saw at the safety meeting, when he came to warm up his dinner and at the end of the shift. The hardest part of the job was having to tell guys that I was waiting for a part to come in and that I was out of stock on something.
Pros
Could set my own schedule
Cons
Got blamed for everything that went wrong
Decent
Welding Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  nisku AB2 October 2013
Decent place to work, some of the management is hard to deal with and they like to make up problems to blame specific people with, the people are great and friendly, there are decent benefits but a very good safety program in place.
Pros
Safe place to work
Westech vac syatems
Apprentice Welder/ Labourer /General Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB15 April 2013
A very poorly unsafe ran company,they dont know whats going on from min to min. No upper management for example one one will take responsibility for mistakes that are made on a constant basis Also, they are always looking for a scape goat to take a deuce on.
My experience working there i rate it as a 2 out of 5, i have worked worse places though
Pros
hour long breaks
Cons
long hours no life