WestCana Services Inc
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

WestCana Services Inc Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews

timestaffjobcompanymanagementpayplacegreat

Great group of people to work with. We all understand what needs to be done when constantly short handed.

They hire to many casuals, get them trained and then when we need them they don't answer the phone. Be patient and answer the phone, you will get close to full time hours.We have new manager so this cycle could change.

Pros

Free lunch or dinner

Depends on your manager

Westcana is the same as compass and sodexo but they pay more. But it really doesn't matter about the company, it depends on the manager and how they run the site. I have mixed feeling about my site. I've gotten 3 raises since being hired; however, the last raise I got came with a half an hour cut in my shift.Benefits are strange. Vision is not covered, but a 200 dollar credit (every 2 years) is offered by the company for the purchase of glasses.Lastly, were always short staffed. The jobs pay well for the effort of work, but it's expected you know everything right after you've finished training, so not a lot of people stick because of bad training and or people expect too much too soon.

Pros

Free staff meals, high wages, good extended benefits

Cons

Not willing to pay overtime, inefficient process of claiming benefits, bad people training

Insights into WestCana Services Inc

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Ability to learn new things

Growing company

Great company culture. Supportive management. High quality services and genuine passion for staff and residents. Best CEO. Westcana is a growing reputable company.

Okay Job

Great place to work if you don’t have a lot of options. No communication from management. No clear guidelines which allows people to do whatever they want and get away with it.No room to advance career.

Pros

Decent Pay

Cons

Lack of communication from management

Time pressure. Toxic environment

If you're not a work machine this company is not for u. Toxic management, dumb as i may say. High employee turnover rate. Would definitely call for labor board on how they treat employees. Cant even take breaks beacuse they would expect u to finish 3000+ dishes in an hour.

Pros

Cons

Exhausting job. Time pressure. Poor management

Be ready to be like a threat for the staff

The good thing about Westcana is that it gives you a whole ground for you to get good money, but be ready to deal with staff clashes because there are people who are working for 10 or 20 years there that they think you are invading their business.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Unfriendly staff

Horrible company

Westcana is a HORRIBLE company.Supervisor is a liar and co workers are bullies. Management and HR don't care about issues people are replaceable. PLEASE stay away from this company. Company has been reported to the BBB and Labour relations.

Na

I’m working in derby manor in retirement home as a dietary aide so far every thing is good but some time our work load is heavy some time short of staff but overall great

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Fun atmosphere

I cant say to much about the salary cause I only work two days out of the week. It doesn't work well with school and I wish it did. But my overall review for working here is fun.. I love everyone I work with. Everyone is so helpful and NEVER looks down you. I would recommend this place.

Pros

Positive vibes from the minute you walk to minute you leave

Cons

Does not work well with school

Inproper orientation with high expectations

Poor leadership from the operations level, the top leaders are ambitious, manipulative, with no leverage in the company goal and objectives. Liars from upper management.

Working there is terrible

Not a god place to work . You end up giving your life to a company that’s basically pays minimum wage . When you do get time off there constantly calling and texting for you to come into work

Terrible wages

They will labour pimp you out and pay you nothing. Them employees refuse to stand up to the employees and unionize like they desperately need. The work load is way above the pay grade

westcana

goodplace to work but it isnt for everyone. it was ok wasnt the best. it was alot of work pay wasnt great either, was far away. co workers are nice and overall good entertainment

west cana

great place to work depending on the location you're at

helpful insight

a need to consult with employees in changers to benniefits,in new changers. understanding you can be rushed when you dont have help from fallow staff.and are taken other area of the kitchen. extra equipment needed for certain areas .time saving jobs. i enjoyed the variety of types of cooking menus the knowledge not to rush into a job without checking all the common work areas in staffing and equipment . the understanding every place is different.it takes time for equipment to be repaired 2 weeks and more.and more.check funding for the job. culture has to be addressed to a variety .language barrier in groups in work area.

Pros

friendly staff

Cons

more direction managment.

Great work environment; got to work among health care professionals; good management.

Great work environment: flexible schedules, great team and lots of growth opportunities. Got a great chance to work among health care professionals such as nurses, doctors, physiotherapists, and pharmacists. Great management team who are always willing to address employees' concerns and come up with plausible solution.

Pros

Flexible scheduling; regular potlucks; advancement opportunities

Good place to work if you dont have a choice

Most of the staff are exhausted, too much work, some employees worked so hard and some are very lazy, and the management can not do anything about it. If you worked so hard, most of the work are given to you because others are lazy and you can't finish the job on time because you have a lot of things to do.The chef is very kind to the extent that some lazy employees are taking advantage. Exhausting place to work in general if you are a hard worker employee. No team work.

Pros

Friendly manager

Cons

Overworked, exhausting place to work

housekeeping

the most enjoyable part of the job was the residents always happy to see me.the hardest part was keeping everything up to standards with all my years experience it was all time management.My co workers all worked hard as well

Hard working, caring facility that made a difference in many lives.

This job was working in Long Term Care. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the ability to have job satisfaction at the end of every shift because you were able to help someone. My days were full days with always something to do. I enjoyed all of my co-workers, as this was a facility that had 3 different companies working at it, but we all had to work together to get the job completed, each day. I would have to say that the hardest part of my job was when a resident passed. Knowing that it was going to happen was one thing, but when it did happen it was at times difficult.

Pros

Free Lunches, opportunity for advancement, in-services offered

on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week

As a manager I was paid 37.5 hours per week. I regularly worked 60 hours per week. Could not maintain staff as wages were too low. Worst employer I ever had but as there were no other jobs out there I worked for them for almost 2 years.

Pros

they paid staff milage at a decent rate

Cons

long hours sometimes 7 days a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestCana Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement