Westcan Bulk Transport

Westcan Bulk Transport Employee Reviews for Owner Operator Driver

Owner Operator Driver11 reviews
Canada11 reviews

driverdispatchterminalsafetydispatcherequipmenttruckwage

Challenging but mostly fun workplace

By comparison with other carriers, Westcan ranks certainly in the higher level. That being said, living in BC, is extremely expensive and I think more needs to be considered when deciding what to pay drivers when it comes to wages at least.

Pros

Fairly decent wages and benefits

Cons

Inconsistent volumes of work

25 May 2021
Thank you so much for your positive rating and honest review. Hopefully the consistency in volumes returns as we continue to move closer to post-pandemic life. Thanks again for sharing!

Everything is in yard fuel, wash bay, repair trailer and trucks, parts room and parking as well, everyone is there if you need help from management and maintenance.

29 August 2022
Thank you so much for this positive review. We appreciate our Professional Truck Drivers taking the time to share their current experience. It is important for others to hear from current employees. Thank you again. We appreciate you.

Insights into Westcan Bulk Transport

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

All lies

When I was hired I was told I will work 5/2-5/3 like what’s posted on indeed right now. But that was the biggest lie!! Working in mines means you work 70 hrs and 24 hrs off. You have no time to go back in Edmonton to reset sometimes and if you don’t go back to work in 24 hrs dispatch will put you in a dog house. It’s like you have no family at home waiting. You work with no days off and the truck has no AC, no fridge and you work through the mines with the heat wave. It’s the cheapest in the market than what the company is advertising.

Pros

Cons

Management if full of lies

15 October 2021
Hello. Apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for your comment. We would love to talk to you about your concerns. Please reach out to hrsupport@westcanbulk.ca or speak to your supervisor. Hopefully, we can find a solution that works for everyone. Take care!

Very stressful and disrespectful

Stressful and Disrespectful place to work. Terminal manager and dispatchers are so rude to the drivers not a peaceful environment anymore to work in the westcan. I worked with them more than a year but I wasted my whole year with them. Which only gave me stress all the time even on my off days.

Pros

Non

Cons

Lies and fake promises to the workers

19 October 2020
We are disappointed to hear you feel this way about your time at our company. We strive for professionalism in all our interactions. All employees are encouraged to reach out to their direct supervisor or HRSupport@westcanbulk.ca if they feel their concerns are not being addressed. We wish you the best in finding an employer that is the right fit for you.

Harassing the rights of the worker this place no respect for the drivers.

Totally Dictatorship by the Terminal manager and Dispatchers are soo arrogant and rude to the drivers need to bring big changes in the management sector if they really want to save their reputation in the industry. For getting a good work you need to become a Facebook friends with the dispatchers and pleased them otherwise they treat you like a slave. Favouritism at its best in this company. They not appreciate your hardwork they only appreciate how you PLEASED them.

Pros

Cons

Lies and Fake Promises Harassing the rights of the drivers specially Lease operators.

19 October 2020
We are disappointed to hear you feel this way about your time at our company. We strive for professionalism in all our interactions and we absolutely value the hard work of our drivers and operators. All employees are encouraged to reach out to their direct supervisor or HRSupport@westcanbulk.ca if they feel their concerns are not being addressed.

Worse place to work full of stress all the time.

Terminal manager and dispatchers is so arrogant and disrespectful they taking the advantage of COVID hit to the industry. In the Dispatch office nobody have a class 1 experience but they still try to taught you how to drive B-TRAIN totally unprofessional place. Safety interference alot. Stay away from this place.

Pros

They need to work on the pros

Cons

Long hours no money for the waiting doesn’t matter it’s 6 or 12 hours to the owner operators

13 October 2020
We are sorry you feel this way about our company. We strive for professionalism in all our interactions and do have very high safety expectations because the safety and security of our employees, customers, and general public is one of our core values. Employees are encouraged to reach out to their direct supervisor or HRSupport@westcanbulk.ca if they feel their concerns are not being addressed.

Good place to work. Good wage,benefits. Very strong safety culture. Manager very helpful and accommodating. From what i have seen the people who don't work out is because they don't believe in the safety culture. Very upfront with it through recruitment and on the job. Should be no surprises if they listen during the recruitment process. Many options from fulltime to seasonal and rotational.

Fun place

Fun place to work in. Mostly nice people and very helpful, i would recommend this place to work for. If i wasn't relocating i wouldn't have left this job.

Big brother is coming.

Don’t apply here unless you want to be spied on. Cameras to be installed in trucks. Illegal to spy on employees, not that they care. They make us sign a safety stand down basically saying we are not entitled to severance pay if we are terminated for “safety” related reasons.

Pros

Cons

Big brother type job.

Very Poor managment in Ontario

Constant " LIES " here in Ontario ,They don't pay there promised rates ( its always different ) .When you approach management about this its always a sound and dance .and yet when you show them in black and white its always your wrong. They preach safety -Only when it benefits there needs . There Corporate Policies seem to always be in conflicts of Federal labor laws. Worst Company I have ever worked for in 30 years as a Driver . Trust me when I say don't work here .

Pros

all the BS you can take

Cons

many lies long hours of NO pay

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Westcan Bulk Transport?

Organized chaos

Very disappointing, broken promises. Poor management and very unorganized. Most upper management has no experience with or knowledge of the oil patch. Newer equipment and spare equipment is a plus. The pay is % which is good when it's good but also bad when poor planning slows you down my experience with this company was on the oilfield side not the highway side

Pros

Benifits, equipment

Cons

Management, communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westcan Bulk Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement