Westburne

Westburne Employee Reviews

Canada85 reviews
Not a bad place to work although the salary was low
Not really good with training but knowledgeable staff there to help.

I would work there again under personal hire, temp agencies usually pay minimum wage and I can’t live on that.
In my personal opinion this is an unfair very discriminative very unprofessional company most of the employees are sneaky and we'll go through your things even though they make their own money it's a Cutthroat type of Warehouse where people go behind your back and very nice to your face I tell it how it is it is what it is. I will not name names it's obvious once you deal with each person for a couple minutes you will figure it out immediately it was a tumbleweed I did not make it through
It could get busy at times and some days not so busy.

The workers were friendly, the management and supervisors were also great.

The entire team was great. There was a great jell between the warehouse workers, the drivers and the front desk workers.

I would absolutely recommend.
je n'ai pas aimé cette compagnie à cause du syndicat
I worked for this company for 7 years and after six years of requesting training on job related subjects I gave up requesting any further training.
I resigned a years later frustrated at how the company mistreats it’s employees
J'en ai appris beaucoup au sujet des matériaux d'éléctricien. Je croyais bien me sentir à ma place compte tenu de mon parcourt en charpenterie. Le domaine de la construction est toujour un domaine qui me fascine et je souhaite en refaire parti. Qu'importe la tâche qui m'en assigné.
Not a good collaborative and positive work culture. Lacking good leadership at the top levels. Human Resources are not quick to support the work functions.
If your at head office you have 3-4 managers directing you all the time. If you are in a branch office you basically get nothing, including support It is a corporation
Non dirigée dans la bonne direction pour effectuer l’emploi malgré l’information reçue des supérieurs.
Employeur rends les employés inconfortables et en demandent tjrs plus.
Good Company, Good People, Enjoyed my job, but most of all, enjoyed helping my customers.
Pros
Always Opportunities for learning products and skills.
Cons
Work load could be over whelming some times.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Westburne?
Terrible place to work with horrible managers. Chronic alcoholism, verbal abuse, all on top of an attitude of "If you don't like it you can quit".... Don't even send them a resume, just work elsewhere!
Was a great place to work. I would miss leaving it. I learned alot about electrical and sales, was able to build lasting friendships with other employees.
GO GO GO.

Always something new and exciting

There is always new products coming in the door, and getting this information out to clients is always the challenge, to be on the leading edge of providing value to clients.
on doit faire plusieurs tache connexe en meme temps et on doit être très polyvalent
pas beaucoup de communication avec la direction et aussi avec les employer beaucoup de jalousie entre les employer, beachage
J'ai appris le système informatique pour la manutention de l’entrepôt
Nothing will be freely handed to you but alot of room for advancement and more than fair compensation. IF
you can tolerate many many layers of mostly checked out spreadsheet managers , who tend to add more/change duties weekly with mostly impossible timelines. The employees at a branch level are fantastic and suceed in spite of managements issues,resistance to change and lack of empathy to customers and employees needs.

Overall not that bad , I lasted almost 10 years

Feels like a farm team at times,alot of training and development but not great at retaining true talent long term
Pros
Free lunches, lots of free training and room for advancement
Cons
Poor upper and middle management, lacking true leadership this has been a problem for many years
Most of the people here are decent souls. Some are truly the best guys you would ever want to work with. Some of the younger guys give off a subtle white power vibe. In most companies it's the older guys who are toxic. It's a real surprise to see that the some of the younger staff are the bad apples. Although, there was an older, and very greasy, office guy "joking" about the merits of beating his wife. That was really off-putting. No one laughed.
Pros
Cool old dudes
Cons
lots of dust, immature youth
Had a great time meeting a lot of people. Learn something new everyday. Great leadership. Pretty easy going. Great hours no weekends. I also worked for Gerrie electric part time. Great experience at both places.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
salary
You are required to spend too much time with reporting daily activities in different platforms, they need to fine tune this into one CRM.

You are required to see 4-5 clients per day, they want you to prospect 2-4 net new accounts a month but not let the current customers suffer. In order to achieve this, there is after hours work that is required.

They most enjoyable part of my day is with my contractors and the relationships that I have cultivated along the way.
Pros
Compeative Salary
Cons
The Managment team does not support you on a daily basis, they are from outside the industry and do not understand the relationship portion.
The people are great to work with. Multi-tasking is key here. You need to be able to deal with a high volume of customers within a few minutes. As well as making sure you are providing them with the correct products that they need.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westburne. Our community is ready to answer.