West Pointe Building Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Run. Don't walk. As fast as you can.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2019
Terrible culture, bad management. Office staff are scared of getting fired for no reason at all, field staff get hired and fired at a ridiculous rate. Crazy hours for what seems like good pay, until you do the math.
Poor Management and Lack of Long term vision
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2019
The office have no idea what they are doing, they frequently do not return phone call or emails and lay all the blame on the field guys. Foreman are frequently fired after a job is completed, field guys are constantly being told they will get raises and then never getting them. tools and material are not supplied and personal tools are not looked after as per their contract
Horrible Company
Estimator/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2019
Just avoid this company even if you are unemployed.
Unfair, no work-life balance. they will only use you and kick you out. The owner is a good guy but the business development manager is an awful person.
Best to just Avoid
Field (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2019
I'd just avoid this company. It's not going anywhere, despite what they tell you in the interview. Workers in field are great. The owner can't handle his business and is unpleasant to deal with -creating a negative company culture. As a result, no leadership, overworked managers you can't rely on and an office you'd rather avoid.
Pros
Salary Ok
Cons
Negative company culture, no support, an office and owner you'd be happy to avoid
Avoid office or feild
N/A (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2019
The fact HR has to tell employees to give themselves a better rating about sums it up. Place was always looking for a scapegoat, only a matter of time until you become one. But hey, they pay well....
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Long hours, negative culture, politics
Excellent
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2019
I was talking with HR and she said that there were a couple of bad reviews and no good ones so I told her that I would submit a review because I like it here. It is tough work but I knew that when I started this work.
Pros
All the different people
Cons
Rain shuts us down
Awesome Place To Work
Roofer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2019
Everyone at West Pointe Building Services works hard to support field staff. I enjoyed working at West Pointe because they promote from within. I'd recommend working here if you are a hard worker and enjoy working outdoors.
Pros
Supportive Staff
Hard work , your expected to work 6 days a week, No life!
Roofer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2019
Work with the people who started this company for several years! They were better to work for before they started this company! They have no problem getting rid of you Even if you are in the right!!! They are very colicky if you don’t kiss butt you will be on your butt before you know it
Pros
Paid OT
Cons
Terrible management, only get a head if all you want in life is to work !!!!
Very Unprofessional
Hired as lead hand. (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2019
If you like a company that uses bully tactics this company is for you. Employees treated like meat. People regularly DISMISSED WITHOUT CAUSE. Sent home with less than 8hrs a day regularly.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Wage not worth how you are treated.
Bad company if you’re looking for job security.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2019
I worked for West point building services for six months. It’s the most unorganized company I’ve ever worked for in 10 years.
They hire whoever Walks through the door if you don’t work out they’ll fire you. They give you nothing to succeed work you like you’re a piece of meat. Blame the people in the field for office mismanagement . I strongly advise DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.
Pros
Amazing people in the field.
Cons
Unorganized/always worried about job security no one knows what’s going on.