West Pointe Building Services Inc.

West Pointe Building Services Inc. Reviews: Working at West Pointe Building Services Inc.

Canada21 reviews

Terrible place to work always worry from day to day about your job

Worset roofing company in canada to work for wither a labour or foreman. If you do a good job you may be fired and a bad job you may be fired .

Missed opportunity

This company has missed opportunity. Lots of potential but needs to focus more on culture, recognition, and respect. Lots of politics and lacking in teamwork.

26 April 2021
We agree with you whole heartedly. In 2021, West Pointe has made the necessary adjustments to our methods of Managing Projects, Human Resources, and overall Culture. We are excited for all of the positive changes coming our way...

Insights into West Pointe Building Services Inc.

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks

Potential is Still There

The frustrating thing is this place had potential but when outsiders interfered, it became a stressful and negative environment. Too many closed secrets, swindling and closed door meetings.

Pros

Frontline Crews Work Hard

Cons

Large Egos and Ignorance

17 May 2021
Couldn't agree more. A ton of positive changes came along in 2021! We now have a Culture of Support and Celebration!

The worst in Calgary

They say we didnt make the cut! Whoever wrote that was wrong... I'm still working here Just looking for another opportunity. Avoid this company if you can. The WORST IN CALGARY

17 May 2021
Sorry to hear your experience has not been positive. Please feel free to reach out to your HR Manager - would sure appreciate to hear from you on the areas we can change.

As long as you work hard and prove your worth you will succeed

iv been with west pointe for over a year and like most i started at the bottom within a few months i proved my exp on my resume wasn't bs and i started to advance in the company quickly. a year later i am foreman i told the company what i wanted and they worked along side with me to achieve it... without the support of all the management i wouldn't be in the position i am today.. so like i said in the summary work hard and prove your worth it and they will help you succeed. i guarantee all the negativity is from people who just couldn't make the cut and like any team they want the best so give it to them

Pros

supportive management help you achieve your goals

Cons

hard work, long hours some times

17 May 2021
I am so happy to hear you have had a positive experience with West Pointe so far. I do hope that you have noticed the positive changes and wish you nothing less than an awesome career with us!

west pointe treats you like family

i have been working with west pointe for a few months now, from the start i knew it was going to be a great place to work as it was very welcoming everyone i spoke to was willing to help me learn and advance. the safety team are a great help especially when you get hurt they are there 100pct of the way

Pros

they will work with your skills and give you the training you need to succeed and move up

Cons

its out side work so weather can become an issue

17 May 2021
Glad to hear you have had more of a positive experience with West Pointe. I do hope that you have noticed the positive changes so far and still enjoy working with us!

No culture at all

Do not be lured on promises and bs talks! This company is full of no brainer managements! Better build a garbage company than construction. From HR, Safety that is not safe, COO that acts as an accountant! All made up titles for people that knows nothing! Company that is a “total joke”. Avoid at all cost.

17 May 2021
Sorry to hear of your bad experience with us. We took stock in the details of where we were getting it wrong. So happy we did...the changes so far in 2021 have been great.

You’ll be FIRED Within 6 months

Very unprofessional AVOID them! Nepotism is very strong in this Company Bad decision of the owners son will be blamed to workers Materials were always late Quality is not at a highest level Poor quality of work ends up losing money because Management doesn’t know what their doing! Keeps on hiring people but they’ll fire good ones

17 May 2021
True. We didn't have a good reputation at all. BUT...we have made some incredible steps towards the right direction. We now have experienced and efficient Management in Operations, and Coordination, as well as a positive Culture that is taking root. 2021 has been an amazing shift.

Decent place to work. There are definitely things that can be improved. I find administration and management to be fairly helpful and culture is improving by the day. Communication between office and field has improved a lot since I have been here and I see less frustration from other people in the field now. There's was a lot turnover in the summer but honestly it was mainly people who couldn't even lift a hammer. Ridiculous they were hired in the first place.

17 May 2021
Let me be the first to say, we appreciate the feedback. I do hope that you have noticed a change with our Culture and that going forward, you will continue to have a great career and experience with us! If you have further ideas on how to make West Pointe the Employer of Choice, please don't hesitate to reach out to your HR Manager.

one of the worst companies I ever been working for

the administration and human resources helping culture "just do not exist in this company" ones a new employe start to work here is totally on his own way to solve any interpersonal or administrative problem you get at work, good look trying to get any help from managers or super intendents.

17 May 2021
We're sorry to hear that you had a horrible experience with us. I can assure you that we have taken account of the feedback we have been given over the past few years and have made some significant changes with our Management/Operations. 2021 has become a great year of Support with our Culture...you should come and check us out!

This place is a joke, do not waste your time!

Horrible place to work, no security at all. Owner is like a child if you say or do something he disagrees with you will be gone. They never keep employees long, even their best roofers/foremen have left and started their own company so look them up instead and save yourself from adding this horrible company to your resume.

17 May 2021
Yes, you are unfortunately correct with a bunch of your statements. Like most, we have had success and lost ourselves in the crowd BUT, I am happy to say, we have made some incredible changes and are well on our way to a positive 2021! You should come and see for yourself.

Run. Don't walk. As fast as you can.

Terrible culture, bad management. Office staff are scared of getting fired for no reason at all, field staff get hired and fired at a ridiculous rate. Crazy hours for what seems like good pay, until you do the math.

17 May 2021
I would have agreed with your comments before...but now, feel free to slow down and turn around, we've made some positive changes already in 2021. Culture has shifted to that of Support and Appreciation. Too good to be true?! You should come and check it out for yourself.

Poor Management and Lack of Long term vision

The office have no idea what they are doing, they frequently do not return phone call or emails and lay all the blame on the field guys. Foreman are frequently fired after a job is completed, field guys are constantly being told they will get raises and then never getting them. tools and material are not supplied and personal tools are not looked after as per their contract

18 August 2021
Appreciate you taking the time to communicate your thoughts. Hoping you have noticed more positive changes within the past few months!Wishing you continued success!

Horrible Company

Just avoid this company even if you are unemployed. Unfair, no work-life balance. they will only use you and kick you out. The owner is a good guy but the business development manager is an awful person.

18 August 2021
Really sorry to hear of your terrible experience with us.Over the past 6-months, we have taken a step back to see what we need to do in order to support our folks more with a work-life balance. Hoping our people see the changes we have made heading to a more positive work environment.

Best to just Avoid

I'd just avoid this company. It's not going anywhere, despite what they tell you in the interview. Workers in field are great. The owner can't handle his business and is unpleasant to deal with -creating a negative company culture. As a result, no leadership, overworked managers you can't rely on and an office you'd rather avoid.

Pros

Salary Ok

Cons

Negative company culture, no support, an office and owner you'd be happy to avoid

17 May 2021
Sorry to hear of your crappy experience with us. I can assure you, we have finally taken a step back to listen to our field and begin to make a positive shift in our culture. Our culture is now build from support, team and appreciation. You should come and see for yourself.

Avoid office or feild

The fact HR has to tell employees to give themselves a better rating about sums it up. Place was always looking for a scapegoat, only a matter of time until you become one. But hey, they pay well....

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Long hours, negative culture, politics

26 April 2021
True enough! We do pay well but our Culture was sure lacking. We took the time to listen to our people (past and present) and made some positive changes. HR doesn't have to beg for positive responses anymore!

Excellent

I was talking with HR and she said that there were a couple of bad reviews and no good ones so I told her that I would submit a review because I like it here. It is tough work but I knew that when I started this work.

Pros

All the different people

Cons

Rain shuts us down

26 April 2021
Appreciate that you took the time to communicate your thoughts. Hoping you have noticed more positive changes within the past few months! Wishing you well!

Awesome Place To Work

Everyone at West Pointe Building Services works hard to support field staff. I enjoyed working at West Pointe because they promote from within. I'd recommend working here if you are a hard worker and enjoy working outdoors.

Pros

Supportive Staff

26 April 2021
Appreciate you saying so. If you liked it then...you should see us now!

Hard work , your expected to work 6 days a week, No life!

Work with the people who started this company for several years! They were better to work for before they started this company! They have no problem getting rid of you Even if you are in the right!!! They are very colicky if you don’t kiss butt you will be on your butt before you know it

Pros

Paid OT

Cons

Terrible management, only get a head if all you want in life is to work !!!!

26 April 2021
Agree. We had to take a step back to go forward. Had a great opportunity to restructure our Executive Group and Management. We listened and made the right changes for 2021! You should check us out!

Very Unprofessional

If you like a company that uses bully tactics this company is for you. Employees treated like meat. People regularly DISMISSED WITHOUT CAUSE. Sent home with less than 8hrs a day regularly.

Pros

There are none

Cons

Wage not worth how you are treated.

26 April 2021
Absolutely. We have had our fair share of lessons...but we've listened and made the right changes. 2021 is turning to be a great year!

Bad company if you’re looking for job security.

I worked for West point building services for six months. It’s the most unorganized company I’ve ever worked for in 10 years. They hire whoever Walks through the door if you don’t work out they’ll fire you. They give you nothing to succeed work you like you’re a piece of meat. Blame the people in the field for office mismanagement . I strongly advise DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.

Pros

Amazing people in the field.

Cons

Unorganized/always worried about job security no one knows what’s going on.

26 April 2021
We heard you and in 2021 have made some incredibly positive changes to our company. Should come and check out the changes!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Pointe Building Services Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

West Pointe Building Services Inc. Reviews by Location

• West Pointe Building Services Inc.