West Pharmaceutical Services Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Module Operator (Former Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PA18 July 2018
I worked here in many different jobs. I was never bored because I was given the opportunity to learn many different jobs. Management was fair, they just want you to come to work and do your job. Hardest part of the job was sometimes the mandatory overtime was a bit much. I thoroughly liked working for this company.
Pros
Benefits, working conditions (AC)
Cons
Sometimes mandatory OT was a bit much
West is a great company.
Senior External Reporting Accountant (Current Employee) –  Exton, PA6 June 2018
I have been with West Pharmaceutical Services more than 12 years. It is a great company and it has a great company culture. I have learned a lot from it.
5 July 2018

Thank you for sharing positive feedback on your employment with West.

We are very grateful for the commitment, experience, knowledge and passion provided by the many long-term tenured employees we have at West, including yourself at 12 years. We feel this is a testament to our valuable team members, and the positive culture that is fostered at all our location around the world. We are proud of our team members that are not only committed to improving patient’s lives, but are also committed to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.

We’re glad you have learned a lot so far in you 12 years at West and am sure you have taught others much during that time as well.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide a positive review of West.

Do not waste your potentiol
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Walker, MI19 May 2018
West reassures you that your no more than a number...honest ,hard working and proactive people get the noose. Quality is shady and integrity is lacking within their shady practices.training must be led by yourself.
5 July 2018

Employee satisfaction is very important to us, and it is troubling to hear your perception of West. However, we thank you for your input, as it is important to hear feedback in order to create a work environment where employees feel they're valued, treated fairly and respected

Quality is extremely important to us, in fact, Leadership in Quality is one of our three Values – something that we expect from each and every employee at West. Our “Patient First Focus” Quality theme helps ensure that our passion for quality is evident through each area, function and level within the company.

Regarding training, we strive to ensure our employees have access to the proper training and meaningful professional development opportunities. In addition to our regular training programs, we have invested resources into our Learning Management System to offer hundreds of trainings to our employee in a wide variety of topics.

We strongly encourage open communication and feedback within West, and always encourage our team members to speak with a member of Human Resources or leadership if they have any questions or concerns – we hope you have taken the time to do so.

Thank you for your candid feedback.

Great place to work but employee culture was lacking
Finance assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Austell, Cornwall18 May 2018
The jobs are great there but the company culture as a whole is very exclusive and clique based this is unfortunate as the many spoil it for the few new people joining the company but this has been addressed and is currently being worked on by the company as a whole
Pros
Long lunch breaks great money
Cons
Company culture
je deconseille
Agent de production (Former Employee) –  Val-de-Reuil (27)15 May 2018
travail facile, mais pas d'encadrement, management a revoir, c'est bien pour dépanner, mais on peu pas faire carrière la dedans ou alors c'est que on est pas ambitieux
Pros
bonne ambiance avec quelques employés
Cons
culture d'entreprise zero
Dismal Management Boys Club
Program / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA10 May 2018
Extremely poor management at all levels in IT area. Promotions and recognition based on who you know and turning on fellow co-workers so management can promote themselves
5 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your perception of our leadership team at West. It is important to hear feedback in order to create a work environment where employees feel they're valued, treated fairly and respected.

Our leadership and management teams are held accountable for high-performance and standards, and we feel our committed group of leaders is one of the many things that makes West so special.

We have recently had some changes within in our IT Leadership Team and are excited to have a new Sr. VP and Chief Digital & Transformation Officer on board. He has made some great progress in the short amount of time he has been here and is working with his management team to ensure there is an environment of trust where all employees feel valued, have a sense of contribution to the team and can reach their full potential and career aspirations.

Thank you again for your candid review – employee feedback is important to us.

Not my first choice
Cell Technician (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NE1 May 2018
The good
Pay is good for the trade.
Benefits are decent.
401(k) plan is better than most.

The bad
Stressful.
Family culture is eroding.
Nepotism, if you’re liked by management or are close, personal friends with someone in management your chances of getting a supervisory role in any capacity is quite good.
In boom cycles, you will be forced to work a lot of overtime. Great for the paycheck, bad for the family.

The ugly
Production takes precedence over everything.
Safety is not taken as seriously as it needs to be.
In lull cycles people get let go for petty things.
Verbal abuse from management seldom gets reported.
7 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are glad to hear your positive feedback on our compensation and benefits, as we strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package for our team members.

Employee satisfaction is very important to us, and it is troubling to hear some of the challenges that you list. However, we thank you for your input, as it is important to hear feedback in order to create a work environment where employees feel they're valued, treated fairly and respected. We are committed to treating and developing all employees in a fair way, with the absence of any favoritism or bias treatment.

The safety of our team is of utmost importance to us at every level of the organization. I strongly encourage that if you don't feel this is the way we are operating, to please reach out to a member of the Management or HR team to discuss your concerns.

Regarding overtime, work/life integration is very important to us, and we are constantly looking at ways to schedule shifts in a way that will work best for our employees while enabling us to best meet the demands of our customers. We appreciate your feedback in this area and will continue to look at ways to improve.
Our leadership and management team is held accountable for high-performance and standards, and we feel our committed group of leaders is one of the many things that makes West so special.

We encourage open communication and feedback within West, and always encourage our team members to speak with a member of Human Resources or leadership if they have any questions or concerns.

We  more... appreciate your feedback and will continue to improve upon these challenges you’ve shared.  less

Good opportunity for the right person in the right role
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA2 April 2018
Generally a great place to work depending on the department you are in. Environment is pleasant, being in a new building with a Starbucks and outdoor patio for eating breakfasts and lunches. Management is pretty good in a number of areas but HR is very careful, protective and PC.
Pros
lots of company events, participant culture
Cons
not really any glaring cons. A generally enjoyable place to work
7 May 2018

We're glad to hear you mention a culture of participation, as we strive to foster this type of culture, providing an environment of inclusiveness and community involvement with the events that we hold throughout the year.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your positive experience at West.

decent job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PA14 March 2018
decent job, fast paced, management wanting to point figures instead of fixing issues. over all great place to work competitive pay and benefits. good job culture.
7 May 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Employee satisfaction is very important to us, and we are happy to hear about your positive experience at West. We are grateful for your recommendation of West being a good place to work.

We strongly encourage open communication and feedback within West, and always encourage our team members to speak with a member of Human Resources or leadership if they have any questions or concerns, especially around management concerns that you list above.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue to improve upon these challenges you’ve shared.

Jobs
Compounder (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NC12 March 2018
Enjoyment to work at the company . It is a company you can advance in and make more money . And move up in the company . Pay is very well and the people make it real easy to work .
Pros
Advancement in the company
7 May 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Company would have great potential if management were more concerned with thier employees welfare.
Extruder Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PA4 March 2018
The problem with West is simple, they are too focused on profits. They always tell us how good our plant is doing, but are not overly concerned with their employees well-being. Profits are good but as the business grows so too should your incentive for your employees. I have worked here for a little more then 5 years and morale has been on a pretty steady decline. Long hours, low appreciation, and high standards that only matter when profits are on the line do not make for and enjoyable work environment.
Pros
Medical, Vision, Dental, Matched 401k, and Stock opprotunities
Cons
Poor management, long hours, mandatory OT, cut-throat/hostlie co-workers
7 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about West. We are grateful for your positive review about our benefits, as providing a strong benefits package for our team members is very important to us.

Employee satisfaction is very important to us, and it is troubling to hear about some of the challenges you mention. However, we thank you for your input, as it is important to hear feedback in order to create a work environment where employees feel they're valued, treated fairly and respected.

Last year we administered our first global employee survey, and we are very thankful for the feedback we received from our team members. We are working hard to improve in all areas to help our employee feel engaged and appreciated for the work they do.

We strongly encourage open communication and feedback within West, and always encourage our team members to speak with a member of Human Resources or leadership if they have any questions or concerns.Please reach out to me directly, either in person or via email at Orion.Behrer@westpharma.com as I would be happy to learn more from you.

Thank you again for your candid feedback.

Orion Behrer, HR Manager, West Jersey Shore

Work conditions good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL1 March 2018
The boss at the time I worked there wasn't getting on well with employees. I heard that he is no more. Nice and company to work with and there is room for advancement.
Pros
Prospects of advancement is good
Cons
Few individuals at that time were good good.
7 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Employee satisfaction is very important to us, and we are happy to hear your thoughts about advancement opportunities within West.

We are grateful for your four star rating and appreciate your feedback, as we will continue to improve upon both the positives and the challenges you’ve shared.

A day at West
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NE14 February 2018
A day at West combines testing, molding, trimming and packaging rubber pharmaceutical products.
It is a fast paced work environment with lots of team work happening. Communication between departments is essential to meet customer requirements: including formulation of stock, molding product, trimming and packaging.
On your feet constantly. High pressure at times to make orders, for on time delivery.
Most teammates are helpful and will work with you. Long hours and plenty of opportunity for overtime right now. Repetitive work can be tedious at times.
Pros
the pay is good, Good benefit package
Cons
Tedious, pressure to excel with no compensation
7 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to foster a positive work environment for all our employees and are very pleased when we hear positive feedback. We know our team members are what make West so special, and we are glad to hear your positive feedback regarding working with a helpful team.

We are also glad to see your positive review of our benefits, as we strive to offer competitive salary and benefits packages for our team members.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue to improve upon the positives as well as those challenges you’ve shared.

West
Module operator (Former Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PA12 February 2018
Is okay for a temporary job. The coworkers and even upper management are very biased and extremely concerned with focusing on drama-related issues, rather than work-related issues. It’s a constant battle of not having a life because you are required to be there for 12 hours and 15 minutes a day, causing few days for personal events/family events, and if you work night shift, even fewer. It’s also a very repetitive, dead-end place to work. You can barely ever see the opportunity to advance.
Pros
Active, will most likely lose weight from consistently standing doing the same thing
Cons
No ability to advance, hours are long, drama
7 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your employment with West. It’s important that we learn about challenges such as yours so that we can make improvements to strengthen our working environment.

We strive to provide our employees with professional development opportunities and to create an environment where they feel valued, treated fairly and respected. Work/life integration is very important to us, and we are constantly looking at ways to schedule shifts in a way that works best for our employees, while also enabling us to best meet the demands of our customers.

i wouldn't recommend this company to anyone
Operator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ3 February 2018
i worked in their Scottsdale Arizona location as a temp for 5 month
on smart dose device they give us promises for hire after 3 months and equal pay like the other employees , they told us were doing good for months
lied to us and they one day they disposed of us in one day claiming that their not doing good without notice i think that was disrespectful and non professional , this company have no regards for human resources , sugarcoat fauls promeses to the people they worked with them for months for lesser pay and then dispose of them without notice or giving them time to find jobs and they knew that they gonna get rid of the temp workers for long time
Fast paced, Friendly Staff
Tooling Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin1 February 2018
Review of daily priorities as a team.
Problem solving with a wide range of departments.
Managing validations, vendor timelines and current issues.
Fast paced, goal driven environment.
Great job working with sample processing admin and in the lab
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA12 December 2017
Would go in to calibrate the weight balances in the main lab, wash glassware restock glassware in the main lab. Decent training. Coworkers were friendly everyday and boss was a good guy.
7 May 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Employee satisfaction is very important to us, and we are happy to hear about your positive experience at West. We are grateful for your recommendation of West being a great place to work!

Good company
Compounder (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL4 December 2017
Good company to work for with good people and benefits. would recommend to anyone looking for a long term job with good benefits and working conditions
23 February 2018

En arbejdsplads med godt sammenhold
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Horsens29 November 2017
Der er en utrolig god stemning blandt kollegerne, og et godt sammenhold.
The production team gets paid well for this area.
Employee (Current Employee) –  NC22 November 2017
I have worked there for many years and have made great friends. I have also had many opportunities to learn about the business and new skills. Overall it is a nice place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Pharmaceutical Services. Our community is ready to answer.