West Elm
West Elm Employee Review

Fun Working Environment

17 January 2016
Working at West Elm, from the beginning has been quite the experience for me. Working there gave me the opportunity to meet so many different people, and mesh with various personalities. Learning about different styles, tastes, and interior designs keeps things interesting. Witnessing my team members, and clients looked at a room, and helping clients fulfill the vision they have in their heads, as to how they would like their home to feel is quite rewarding. I wish there was more room for advancement, so that associates wouldn't feel stagnant in their positions. Management styles are mixed, and therefore, at times, create a hostile environment, however nothing that a positive outlook can't overlook. Great discount as well.
18 January 2016
Same role
Visual Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) - Montréal, QC
I loved working there because of the constant learning there and the great team family that I met there. Each day there was a set creative task. The things I dislike working at West Elm was that there was no room for career advancement or management wasn't promoting it and the lack of stock available for customers.
25 June 2018
Same location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
not such a bad environment to work in, just have to get used to the flow. however the advancement in the retail store is horrendous, the only people who got be promoted to a management positions were usually those who received cash training, other sections of the associates never got the chance. The retail store has a huge problem with favoritism, although they recently have had a coaching for it, it is still ongoing- i guess that is the hardest part of the job.
29 March 2014
Same location
ADMINISTRATIVE & CASH ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
• Process orders on cash and over phone • Experienced in cash handling • Input clientele logs • Write up paper work and process forms • Design/decorate interior spaces