West Elm
West Elm Employee Review

An OK retail job

25 June 2018
not such a bad environment to work in, just have to get used to the flow. however the advancement in the retail store is horrendous, the only people who got be promoted to a management positions were usually those who received cash training, other sections of the associates never got the chance. The retail store has a huge problem with favoritism, although they recently have had a coaching for it, it is still ongoing- i guess that is the hardest part of the job.
14 May 2020
Same role
Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Calgary, AB
easy work was a relaxed environment and decent money. I have not worked there in a few years, but at the time I enjoyed it, was an easy job to have while in highschool.
28 September 2018
Same role
Sales Associate/Stylist (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
It was good in the beginning. Co-workers were nice, management was ok. It can get boring most of the time, especially if you are working at the bedding store. But after a while, it felt like you were in high school. Plus, there weren't any opportunities for you to grow or move forward to a higher position.
17 January 2016
Same location
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
Working at West Elm, from the beginning has been quite the experience for me. Working there gave me the opportunity to meet so many different people, and mesh with various personalities. Learning about different styles, tastes, and interior designs keeps things interesting. Witnessing my team members, and clients looked at a room, and helping clients fulfill the vision they have in their heads, as to how they would like their home to feel is quite rewarding. I wish there was more room for advancement, so that associates wouldn't feel stagnant in their positions. Management styles are mixed, and therefore, at times, create a hostile environment, however nothing that a positive outlook can't overlook. Great discount as well.