West Elm

West Elm Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
easy work was a relaxed environment and decent money. I have not worked there in a few years, but at the time I enjoyed it, was an easy job to have while in highschool.
In over 15 years of retail I have never worked for a company as chaotic as this. Trust all the customer and employee reviews saying how terrible the environment is.
This company does not think at all for the people. Training there is none you get pushed right out into the floor after day one. Talk about teamwork as well, all managers don’t care for one another and truly care about their departments. This place is far from collaborative and when there’s a customer service issue haha watch out most staff have to handle it over the management team. And as for people first attitude in what they believe in that stops at store level and will always forever be non existent in this conpany
It was good in the beginning. Co-workers were nice, management was ok. It can get boring most of the time, especially if you are working at the bedding store. But after a while, it felt like you were in high school. Plus, there weren't any opportunities for you to grow or move forward to a higher position.
not such a bad environment to work in, just have to get used to the flow. however the advancement in the retail store is horrendous, the only people who got be promoted to a management positions were usually those who received cash training, other sections of the associates never got the chance. The retail store has a huge problem with favoritism, although they recently have had a coaching for it, it is still ongoing- i guess that is the hardest part of the job.
Dont get me wrong, it was a great place to work at the beginning, lots of fun, co-workers were great, but after a while it felt a little like high school.
I loved working there because of the constant learning there and the great team family that I met there. Each day there was a set creative task. The things I dislike working at West Elm was that there was no room for career advancement or management wasn't promoting it and the lack of stock available for customers.
Working at West Elm, from the beginning has been quite the experience for me. Working there gave me the opportunity to meet so many different people, and mesh with various personalities. Learning about different styles, tastes, and interior designs keeps things interesting. Witnessing my team members, and clients looked at a room, and helping clients fulfill the vision they have in their heads, as to how they would like their home to feel is quite rewarding. I wish there was more room for advancement, so that associates wouldn't feel stagnant in their positions. Management styles are mixed, and therefore, at times, create a hostile environment, however nothing that a positive outlook can't overlook. Great discount as well.
• Process orders on cash and over phone
• Experienced in cash handling

• Input clientele logs

• Write up paper work and process forms

• Design/decorate interior spaces