West Elm Employee Reviews

An OK retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2018
not such a bad environment to work in, just have to get used to the flow. however the advancement in the retail store is horrendous, the only people who got be promoted to a management positions were usually those who received cash training, other sections of the associates never got the chance. The retail store has a huge problem with favoritism, although they recently have had a coaching for it, it is still ongoing- i guess that is the hardest part of the job.
was good at first
sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 October 2017
Dont get me wrong, it was a great place to work at the beginning, lots of fun, co-workers were great, but after a while it felt a little like high school.
Great Team
Visual Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 January 2016
I loved working there because of the constant learning there and the great team family that I met there. Each day there was a set creative task. The things I dislike working at West Elm was that there was no room for career advancement or management wasn't promoting it and the lack of stock available for customers.
Fun Working Environment
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2016
Working at West Elm, from the beginning has been quite the experience for me. Working there gave me the opportunity to meet so many different people, and mesh with various personalities. Learning about different styles, tastes, and interior designs keeps things interesting. Witnessing my team members, and clients looked at a room, and helping clients fulfill the vision they have in their heads, as to how they would like their home to feel is quite rewarding. I wish there was more room for advancement, so that associates wouldn't feel stagnant in their positions. Management styles are mixed, and therefore, at times, create a hostile environment, however nothing that a positive outlook can't overlook. Great discount as well.
Productive and fun workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE & CASH ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2014
• Process orders on cash and over phone
• Experienced in cash handling
• Input clientele logs
• Write up paper work and process forms
• Design/decorate interior spaces