West Edmonton Mall

West Edmonton Mall Employee Reviews

Slide attendant

Good place for first job. Long hours in heat with barely any breaks. Management was okay. Met lots of great co workers though. Would only work here if you are looking for work experience

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Example: Good supply of food for cooks and organized kitchen.

I got a lot done in a 6 hour shift but other cooks had more experience and it kept us from working together more effectively. The area was very busy at times and we had to keep organized.

Pros

Feeding the hungry patrons.

Cons

Long commute from my home.

This is an honest Review

Time to come clean. Working at WEM as a Plumber seemed like a once in a lifetime job opportunity. In the beginning the work was fun and the crew seemed good. Things took a steep downhill decline once I realized how many safety shortcuts they are willing to take behind the scenes just so the job can get done. One particular person would constantly seem to fear monger you into doing things out of your comfort zone just to look good. Many lies were told just to make him look good to upper management as well. I did not enjoy the feeling of constantly looking over my shoulder and not having trust within the crew. In emergency situations and trust me there is a lot tempers would flare and anxiety would heighten. The On call was terrible and you felt as if it was consuming your life. There are many better places out there I am warning you do not work here it may ruin you as a person and a tradesman.

Trades are treated poorly.

Management is lacking, supervisors are hit or miss depending on the trade. Work life balance is lacking, expect to much for the pay. Oncall is underpaid. Steady job but no room for career development or advancement. They want to trap you.

Pros

Steady hours everyday

Cons

Poor compensation

Disrespectful, unfriendly, uninvolved management, poor accountability

Terrible experience. The culture is downright hostile and unwelcoming. Training was sloppy and incomplete. People do not interact or collaborate in any way. Management is archaic in approach, dictatorial in style while still managing to provide zero support. Worked there for a year. Never got one iota of feedback despite repeatedrequests for feedback on performance. Coworkers for the most part could at best be described as plain and simple rude and immature Absolutely the worst work experience I have ever had. I always felt excluded from the groupThe office space was also filthy. Worked there for almost a year and our workspace was not vacuumed in over a year.

Pros

Mall perks

Cons

poor management and training

Fast paid and rewarding place to work.

West Edmonton mall always has something new on the plate for your daily tasks. it was fast paced and fun! When you do a good job it didn’t go unnoticed, management was great for giving positive feedback. They always give constructive feedback and if your caught doing something you shouldn’t then they weren’t shy on letting you know. This was a wonderful place to work , only downside is they pay isn’t competitive and is quite a bit lower than everywhere else.

Pros

staff appreciation meals, mall coupons

Cons

long hours, Ot, and low pay

Seasonal Santa helper

It was fun to work with the pay was great, they got you the Santa sweater, it was busy and fast paced, great place to work. Got free attraction passes and a gift card after I was done my seasonal work.

Pros

Free attraction passes

Cons

Long hours on your feet

was good comapy

generally the company was very good by managing the job and respecting the employees so it is most memorable company in my ceerer and good environment

Great co-workers but tons of turnover.

The marketing and creative team was a great group of people to work with. There was also some perks working there like free attraction passes and good benefits.There was rush projects on a daily basis though because everything is so unorganized and the marketing manager has no idea what’s going on most of the time. The pay is also terrible, you get an entry level salary no matter how many years of experience you have and they don’t give out raises so there is no incentive to work hard.There is also A LOT of turnover in the company, people only stay for about 1-2 years.This job might be good for someone right out of school but I would not recommend it for any graphic designer that has experience and wants to move forward in their career.

Pros

Free attraction passes

Cons

Pay

Loved it

I loved working there, so many great people, you will learn lots. You will have lots of people from all over the world to interact with. The students that are employed can be difficult to work with at times but most will be amazing people

Pros

Benefits, secure access, passes to the attractions

Cons

Too many students

Good

The Campania to gro up fast and the management is good Am working a friendly I get experience how to work in Canada How to serving a costmer I am working small times but it is good

good and fun with kids

ther are good we are working together they have exlent management i get a very good exprinse to enjoy with a thams and fun each ather they have to Luke each athere to go lanch

If you are a bad worker and lazy you will love it here.

Outside maintenance is not maintenance work, it is janitorial work and is very badly organized and inefficient. If you are a good worker, management is very demanding and expects lots every day, but if you are a bad worker you get rewarded by being given easy jobs and they will expect less from you. Very stressful for the few who work because they will be given the lions share of the work and they eventually burn out, get fired, and are replaced...or they get fed up and quit. Meanwhile, the bad workers keep their jobs forever. Very frustrating. Some good workers eventually get smart to how it works and stop trying. Here's why: Work is simple to understand and do but the supervisors won't allow you to get the work done the best and fastest way. You are micro-managed down to the point you are scared to breath. You must write on paper what you do each minute, literally, every minute is accounted for. Writing down what you do each day takes just as long as the actual job. You are not allowed to get jobs done in a sequence that makes sense, or in a manner that improves productivity. Some jobs you are not given enough time to finish properly and then you get in trouble for taking longer, other jobs you are given too much time and are sat doing nothing. Supervisors tell you to do jobs in a strange order and often it creates more work and takes double the time. Things would improve and go faster if workers were given their tasks to complete and then allowed to think for themselves and get the jobs done without the constant negative interference from supervisors, especially with -

Pros

The husband and wife managers are pleasant and cheerful

Cons

Badly organized, inflexible, haven for lazy people. Mangers don't manage

Eh

Mismanaged. They will lie to you so you continue doing what they want. They'll pretend they weren't aware of their own injustices. If you have a better opportunity , don't work here

low quality

After working in the Diving industry for multiple years, in multiple places all around the world, I would say with confidence that WEM does not treat their employees (especially ones with large amounts of experience) with little respect, and no consideration to their lives or what it costs to live in the Edmonton area and its Cost of living in general

A communal workplace where everyone knows each other like family

Everyone works towards a common goal of maintaining patron safety. While we try our best to prevent accidents they do happen, but everyone is properly trained and prepared in an event something does happen.

Pros

Several breaks

Cons

Long days

Working the floor, customer service was the key company policy.

All staff were expected to keep the area clean and cleared of stock or trip hazards, while maintaining customer service with a pleasant, positive attitude.

Bad management,stay as far away as possible

The owners and management of wet edmonton mall treat you like a second class citizen.As well " some " employees are childish,rude and stab you in the back and then stomp you into the ground to make themselves look good every chance they can. Stay away,keep your sanity,no money is worth working at west edmonton mall

Horrible job

Horrid place to work. Management constantly makes cuts around everything and refuses to give staff a raise. For the amount of trouble we put up with, we are much more underpaid than anywhere else. This place is a joke.

West Edmonton Mall Marketing

My time at WEM was one of the best experiences i could have hoped for after graduation from Recreation Administration U of A. Don’t wait for things to happen, make things happen.

Learned how to deal with any kind of people and be patience on high traffic days

High demand place to work that can be stressful but exciting at rhe same time, the only problem was the people traffic due to its fame and accessibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Edmonton Mall. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement