West Edmonton Mall Employee Reviews

It was okay
Top Slide Patrol (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 July 2018
Pros
breaks
Good Starting Job
Food & Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2018
Mangement will help you, for example, I broke my ankle and they helped move me from slide portal to F&B, Also free food after hours so that's a plus and friendly staff
friendly environment
Sales associate/Power seller (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2018
A fun place to work and great people to be around. Working at la senza provided me with the advancement in my skills of working with and helping everyone I come into contact with.
Pros
commission
Cons
hours are not always garunteed
Productive but no room for growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2018
The work was repetitive as to be expected, but the job did not allow for growth or room to learn more. Work hours were either cut short or cancelled last minute.
Pros
More sales experience
Cons
Hours vary
Employee
Fat Franks Staff (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 April 2018
when I was work I have learn a lot of things, and work with other co-worker going well co-worker Happy and enjoy working in there. Manager come inspect working place every weeks nicely.
fast pace environment
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2018
-very fast paced
-few breaks
-promotes unity
-can get to the point where you might miss breaks but if you ask for one they will give you one
-on certain days staff maybe short so breaks may come late or not at all
Pros
unity
Janitorial work
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2018
Supervising the janitorial staff at West Edmonton Mall presents many different challenges. The pay wasn't great though, and there wasn't really much opportunity for job advancement.
Very flexible and very productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2018
- Go through apparel and make sure it's organized, tagged with the security sensors, assist customers and provide customer service.
- Stay attentive and give them a reason to come back.
- Management is very understanding with school schedule and being able to work around it.
- I'm not too sure if there was anything hard about the job.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was giving an experience with customers and having such a great group of employees to work with..
Pros
Great experience with the team
Cons
N/a
You will never be bored working here
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2018
You and your co-workers will revel about your adventures. Management are arguably qualified in one field yet are trusted implicitly to manage many wide ranging and unrelated departments. If you are one of the lucky majority you will have such an interesting work environment.

What I learned is management is always happy to be available to listen to you when you are finally able to reach them between meetings. You will undoubtedly be happy to reach them too. If the idea will make them look better they will be happy to give the credit to themselves.
Pros
free attraction passes
Cons
Management focus is on their shrinking budget
Easy and friendly environment
Perform light housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2018
such an easy place to work. Employees are awesome. Everyone is like family when working. Clean and organized work place. Hours are flexible. Always enjoy working there.
Pros
Free passes
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2017
Loved my time at West Edmonton Mall, great staff and management. Good benefits package and a good working environment. It was a pleasure to work for this company.
Customer Driven Culture
DUTY MANAGER/ ED'SBOWLING (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2017
West Edmonton Mall is customer driven place. They are dependent on the customers coming to the mall, and as such require that all staff are customer service driven as well. The culture at times forgets that the employees are what make the mall and the attractions run.
On a typical night we would run into drunk people, young adults who want to have fun are not responsible and while we have an on site Security team we do not always have a presence with them in our location, and can feel that we are the forgotten area of the attractions.
Pros
free bowling, and passes for the attractions
Cons
working long nights with little support from upper mall mangaement
Really good mall and most of it is a good environment for work and shopping.
Team Member, Pinkberry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
I've only lived in Edmonton for a small while, but I have come to found pleasure in the variety WEM has to offer and really enjoy the diverse shopping and work experiences it brings.
Its. Good place to meet new people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2017
I think after working there for 10 yrs off and on i have grown to. Be a better person . and have had the best experience that i have had .i worked with some of the best people that i have in along time.
Pros
Free passes, company lunches, christmas partys
Cons
Long hours, gossip, rumors
Family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta31 August 2017
Continuously was pushed to be a better person each day and to work hard despite what was going on in my life and was taught many of the things that I never knew was possible. Management became my family and everyone who worked at the place.
Needs to embrace more multiculturalism
Customer Service/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
Most of the management teams are all caucasians. I haven't seen any other managers that are not caucasians. Above all, favouritism is one of the most severe concerns that WEM have to learn how to improve it.
Pros
Good job security
Cons
Hard to advance
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
West Edmonton Mall has so much variety that anyone who decides to walk through the entrances will be amazed at what is inside. I shop there regularly and am proud to call it my favourite mall.
productive & fun place
Sales Associate, Lids Canada (Current Employee) –  LIDS20 March 2017
West edmonton mall is a good place to work. Our store usually remain busy on weekends and weekdays also. I learned the proper customer service while working in LIDS.
Horrible
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2017
Bad work place ... Horrible management.. expect so much from you . Makes you work late night booking and early. Very cheap and the pay is horrible! Over all this is a horrible place !
Very fun place to work if you like to think outside the box, lots of fun projects.
Journeyman carpenter (Former Employee) –  Maintenance and engineering.26 February 2017
Working here was great, you had to think outside the box on a lot of projects, always a great variety of work. Hours are great and allow you to balance home and work life easily. Management operate on a panic mode and get it done now, everything is number one attitude and then quiz why is the last job hasn't been finished or done, seems to be the the hardest worked most knowledgeable of the trades is the lowest paid.
Pros
Appreciation passes.
Cons
Poor management, panic style management.