West Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 34 reviews matching the search See all 3,531 reviews
Flexible and Good place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2018
It is good place to work that gives you flexibility to work.
Right now management is struggling to make ends meet as they are trying to cut budget from everywhere possible. That has become a disappointment and demotivating factor for employees.
Pros
Flexible Environment
Cons
Budget Issue, Limited growth
You might make some friends there
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 December 2018
Work hours are very flexible/ability to work from home, depending on the department. Tasks are tedious. Probably suitable for first-year students. Facility is nice and is in a quiet.
Work environment is friendly. Poor management
Front-end Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2018
Flexible work hours in certain teams. Co-workers are very friendly. Management of my team is poor, non-professional, and emotional. It makes the job harder when management doesn't know the technic and procedure of our work. That takes up hours of work time to explain when they have questions.
Not a Call Center
Event Operator - Call Execution (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON7 September 2018
Fast paced at times, lots of overtime available, good benefits, able to move up if motivated. Great upper management, lots of incentives, company lunches.
Contract for Three years
Supervisor - Global Finance Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2018
West Corp acquired from Nasdaq inc,
fast paced, many changes so good for learning something new all the time. Hardest part of job long hours and no work life balance.
Pros
Changes
Cons
Long hours, uncertanity all the time
Little experience to gain
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2018
A few of the senior level managers were easy to work with but the majority were difficult and unwelcoming to communicate with. It was so prevalent that most of the office became callous to each other naturally.
Pros
Quiet environment
Cons
Toxic workplace culture, lots of downtime until something breaks and then stress levels escalate
The company is no longer in Canada
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  British Columbia21 June 2018
I did not enjoy working here. They were very by the policy, to the point of ridiculous. I needed a doctors note, reverifying my high risk pregnancy every 30 days or lose my accommodation of a cubicle near the washroom to facilitate frequent sickness. Seemed very silly to me.
Amazing way to make money
Team Lead/Expert Event Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 June 2018
The pay here is stable and the work hours are as well. Once you are in and settled there is an amazing benefits plan and the company draws a wonderful crown of coworkers. Sadly the company is run out of the USA and many of the companies policies and procedures are reflective of their you are a number, not a person work ethic.
Cons
Poor HR employee relations, customer first employee later, very poor awareness of mental health concerns and their interactions with the workplace.
Bridge Monitor/Conference Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 June 2018
Overall it was a great place to work and I was sad to leave. If I had the chance I would return to a position at this employer. The wage could be higher but the hours are good.
Results Oriented Environment
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2018
Perfect environment for bringing out your creativity and producing the desired results in a timely manner and at the same time it's very relaxed & stress free.
Great Place to work
Web Analyst - COOP (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2017
Friendly Environment , Great Teamwork Experience , People are really helpful and motivational. There are many fun activities & events happens in the company .
Toronto office in flux
Implementation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2017
- Micromanagement in the implementation department.
- Lack of resources to get the work done in a reasonable amount of time.
- Lack of trust between managers and workers.
- Expect to work weekends, at the very least during the summer months, to keep up with the workload.
- Most of the people are great.

And in conclusion, I will quote the band Naked Eyes, from their song "Promises Promises":

"You made me promises promises
You knew you'd never keep
Promises promises
Why do I believe"

(Amen)
Pros
Stocked kitchen.
Cons
Please... do not get me started.
Review of West
Expert Event Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 June 2017
This has previously been completed.
Good benefits
Canadian holidays off
Upper management makes it a fun place to work
Easy job for the most part
Paid training
Pros
Canadian Holidays off
Cons
Pay is low
Not for strong personalties
Reservations Agent & Sr. Bridge Monitor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 May 2017
The management operates on the "only about yourself" basis. Hence, as long as you look out for yourself, and follow policies and procedures, you will be just fine. However; if you have the type of personality where you do not want to be treated as a number, or as a child in daycare. A person who actually HAS opinions...this is not the place for you! Unfortunately, it is only the individuals who have that classic "two face" personality who are given the chance to advance here. Those who prefer to keep quiet, keep their head down, and follow the leader without ever questioning right or wrong. Not for those who naturally have charisma and stand out of the crowd.
I won numerous Employee of the Month awards, received many kudos by clients & co-workers, had flawless data entry. Yet, I was never given the chance to advance within three years of working here. This is why they have "high turnover rates", people would like to be treated with respect. Not like their job is easily replaced by someone who costs less to hire.

A typical day of work was eight hours of answering incoming calls, specified data entry, and scheduling reservations or completing account creations. Very easy to do, can be quite enjoyable. However, the wage per hour does not constitute the stress placed on you by Intercall management. Hence their full-time benefit package, it includes stress therapies as well as massage. The workplace as a whole was not positive, it was every man for themselves, and pinned person against person. I feel for a company to truly be a positive place to work: you must feel your job
  more... is secure in nature, and you are all working for the common goal. This is not the case for Intercall Canada. The entire atmosphere is the worst part of the job. At first it may not be seen, but after a year or so it will be crystal clear.  less
Pros
Incentive awards, costume days, & BBQ events.
Cons
Atmosphere and Management
Worst job I have ever worked
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 April 2017
West Corp call centre no longer exists but when it did, it was a terrible job with terrible working conditions with unhappy employees, mean managers and ridiculous rules to follow.
Pros
Sitting
Cons
Too many to say
typical call center
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV14 March 2017
Lie to the customer, get the sale - sell to people who cannot afford the monthly bill - rinse repeat
If you have a conscience, integrity or any moral ethic working for West hurts
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Lots of laughs, made loads of friends and learned a lot about team work
Bridge Monitor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 January 2017
I found this job to be something that kept me really busy which i love. I loved my manager and the team i was on. we had a lot of laughs and got a lot of work done. I feel this was somewhere i excelled and was able to be myself.
Pros
Hours were good
Cons
Pay was not good at all...
fun place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
good culture.
under staffed.
no work life balance.
no processes in place.
bad management.
poor benefits.
salary is not competitive.
great people.
Pros
free lunch
Great Co-Workers!
Bilingual Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, Ontario8 February 2016
Intercall/West Corporation is a great company, with many great employees who give 110% every day. I am glad I had the opportunity to help develop the training curriculum.
Review
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Kingston24 September 2015
Unfortunately management started to change drastically.When i first started I wanted to try really hard and make my career move forward. Now with new management the employee driven mentality seems to be gone and I feel more and more like a cog in a machine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.