West Coast Reduction Ltd.

West Coast Reduction Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Good place to work, good benefits, need to be able to handle strong odors, need to be proactive in conflict and discipline. Must be able to handle long term employees to change
Great place to work the people are great in office always helpful modern equipment always replacing trucks with new equipment lots of over time they have good Beni gets and retirement plan
Pros
The people
Cons
Longer hours
Great company to work. Management and team are very responsive, friendly and helpful.
Schedules are different, then you can get experience on different trucks. Every night home.
alright job with horrible working conditions, treated like i didnt matter was replaceable after almost ten years... pushed hard never an easy shift and always left feeling unsatisfied with no option to move up
It was a good place to work other than the lack of communication
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours your told 5 days a week when you start but in reality its 6 days a week.
I started off at WCRL as a receiver which was fun. I worked in a plant so I was always learning something new. The management was very friendly and understanding. I eventually went and got my class 1 and became a truck driver for them. It was nice because I got some good experience behind the wheel and got to learn a whole bunch of different equipment.
Expect to be treated poorly things like manners and respect do not apply here management is driven by greed and subjugation seniority means nothing years of labour will gain you little ! Don’t waste your life please!
Pros
Some people were nice
Cons
Do your job and shut your mouth
great job fun staff great benafits and just overall amazing a typical day at work is pulling hides out the vats and bone truck pile putting the guts in the grinder
Don't see how it's competitive wages when they're unionized and have set wages. This place is unprofessional and very two sided. Safety is definitely not their top priority if at all. Training program is non existent.
Pros
Free cheap ppe
Cons
On a typical day I would come in to work and then make a round through the plant and talk to all of the process operators and check the shift logs in each control rooms (4) to see how things were running through the last 16 hours.
Then I would talk with the plant shift foreman to see if there was anything that didn't get processed or completed from the day before.

I would then go to my office and complete the payroll from the previous 24 hours.

I would then briefly talk with the Manager and report any problems or concerns from the day before.

Then about 3 or 4 times a day I would walk through the plant and talk with all the employees and see if they had any concerns.

The hardest part of the job was when we would have an extended break down and have product left over we would have to make sure we caught up as the product does deteriorate as it gets old.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to show our hard working employees how much we appreciated the good job they did sometimes under pressure and if necessary when they had to stay overtime to finish off all the product especially on Saturdays.

Everyone would always chip in when we needed extra help because of issues.

We had toolbox meetings every month where everyone had a chance to voice any concerns or ask to clarify any issues in the plant.
Pros
Toolbox meetings every month
Cons
We sometimes had to deal with bad odors especially in the summer.
Excellent! Family owned. Cared about the environment and community. Great people! Occasional luncheons provided for whole company. Xmas bonuses. Varied work shifts. Trucks well maintained.
Wonderful place to work. Management is very supportive. Very customer service orientated, yet with an emphasis on employee satisfaction.
Pros
Great benefits
Hardworking people; senior management very approachable; great recycling company; Glad of the move to the Venables location.