West 49
West 49 Employee Review

good experience

19 August 2019
West 49 was a good workplace. A great place to learn the ropes of retail. Management is pretty reasonable. Most enjoyable part was the clientele and working with skateboards.
25 March 2020
I worked for west 49 for almost 3 years and met a lot of great people. The co-workers are definitely the only plus to working here. it was the complete disregard for anyone in a key holder/team management position that forced me to leave. You can expect the Area manager to play favourite’s and overlook hard work unless it directly benefits him. Also expect your hours to get cut drastically if you can’t pick up one shift that you’re not scheduled for. There’s absolutely no incentive to work hard since they rarely promote from within and refuse to recognize great work ethic from anyone other than upper management. I had personally asked the Area manager multiple times if there was any way for me to improve my work ethic and possibly earn more hours or responsibility, yet I never got any real feedback (ex. Nope you’re fine). There’s clearly no interest in their employees welfare or desire to move up on the company. favouritism with hours has gotten so bad Employees are switching/giving away shifts amongst themselves to try and even out the hour distribution to prevent feuds. If you care at all about your mental well being, do NOT expect to do well here. You will almost guaranteed leave with same position you were hired in as. Moving up is not an option unfortunately. Also don’t work here if you have bills or rent, hours are so fickle and the slightest mistake could have your hours cut in half since mistakes are immediately reflected on the schedule and not communicated at all.
11 February 2020
Same role
Worked here a long time ago and it was owned by billabong. Was a very fun environment great culture and cool people. I cannot speak for it now it may have changed.
5 December 2017
Same roleSame location
They just do not care about their employees.
unless you sell you dont get hours. If you dont get hours you cant sell. As it is retail the turn over rate is high.