West 49

West 49 Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Store Manager6 reviews
Canada6 reviews
Shift work, long hours if your salary. Learned about the skate industry and how to run a business. Day to day operation selling, cleaning coaching and training staff.
I worked full time at this company. Well underpaid for a lot of hard work. And not so appreciative head office staff. The only one that was positive all the time was my district manager. As a salaried employee you are taking advantage of a lot. It’s a great starter job if you are looking for a management position but definitely not a good career.
Pros
Coworkers, Bonus incentive program, environment
Cons
Poor salary, difficult to advance positions
Good company to work for, during the time that I was there the company was sold so going through some changes was challenging but manageable. As a Store Manager they do expect you to do lots of extra "free" work out of your own time, often I had to take work home with me ex. employee reviews, scheduling, coaching etc. Offered benefits and competitive wages. No room for advancement within my area during that time unless I relocated. Great time working with visual merchandisers who were all so friendly and hard working. District Manager was awesome, always available and present. Big focus on customer service and training which is always a plus. Store was large, clean and well lit, very nice to work in. Staff were all wonderful.
Pros
Store was new, staff, wage, product
Cons
Advancement, working from home
Fast paced and fun work place. Management was fantastic as was company as a whole. Until being bought out by YM. After being bought out quality of service as well as product being sold went down hill. Lost meaning behind the company.
Pros
great people, great product, overall fantastic company
Cons
sold out to a company that knew nothing about its products
Plenty of challenges and opportunities, and new products at all times of the year.
Pros
Excellent discount, exciting brands
customer service driven environment
room for growth

monthly incentives based on performance