West 49 Employee Reviews for Store Manager
Store Manager6 reviews
Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 139 reviews
Indeed featured review
The most useful review selected by Indeed
I worked full time at this company. Well underpaid for a lot of hard work. And not so appreciative head office staff. The only one that was positive all the time was my district manager. As a salaried employee you are taking advantage of a lot. It’s a great starter job if you are looking for a management position but definitely not a good career.
Coworkers, Bonus incentive program, environment
Poor salary, difficult to advance positions
Good company to work for, during the time that I was there the company was sold so going through some changes was challenging but manageable. As a Store Manager they do expect you to do lots of extra "free" work out of your own time, often I had to take work home with me ex. employee reviews, scheduling, coaching etc. Offered benefits and competitive wages. No room for advancement within my area during that time unless I relocated. Great time working with visual merchandisers who were all so friendly and hard working. District Manager was awesome, always available and present. Big focus on customer service and training which is always a plus. Store was large, clean and well lit, very nice to work in. Staff were all wonderful.
Store was new, staff, wage, product
Advancement, working from home
Fast paced and fun work place. Management was fantastic as was company as a whole. Until being bought out by YM. After being bought out quality of service as well as product being sold went down hill. Lost meaning behind the company.
great people, great product, overall fantastic company
sold out to a company that knew nothing about its products
Rate your recent company
Share your experience to help others
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at West 49. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 139 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about West 49
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at West 49?5 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at West 49?4 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at West 49?3 people answered
- How did you get your first interview at West 49?2 people answered
- If you were to leave West 49, what would be the reason?2 people answered
- What are the perks offered by West 49?2 people answered
- What are the working hours at West 49?2 people answered
- Can you work remotely at West 49?One person answered
- How is feedback from management delivered at West 49?One person answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at West 49? What are the steps along the way…One person answered
See all questions and answers
West 49 Reviews by Job Title