West 49

West 49 Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Seasonal Associate6 reviews
Canada6 reviews
It was a good job. I should have made more than minimum wage because I was a hard worker, worked more efficiently and harder than most of the sales associates
I had a very fun time working here. I felt respected and wanted as an employee. It made me sad to hear of the location shutting down..................
Pros
Fair pay, good team, good discounts
Cons
Only season work. No incentive
This was a fun job. The training exercises were interactive and team building. The job overall focuses on meeting sales quotas which if you are not used to, can be overwhelming.
Great place to work with a nice environment and ample opportunity for advancement. Loved the fact that its a skate shop but also includes everybody not just skaters
I usually opened which I liked because I had the rest of the day off, it was usually slower even so for holiday wise but they taught you how to re grip skate boards and change out wheels, the people I worked with were pretty cool too! I love shopping there since I was a kid so working there was enjoyable.
Pros
skateboarding culture
Cons
being scheduled with little to no time between work schedules to get to one another.
Typical days were keeping up with sales goals, cleaning , tasking, and doing cash. I learned a lot about myself in aspects of what I prefer to do, as appose to what I don't like to do.
Management was up in the air when I had joined the team, a lot of changes were going up, and the company was bought out by the owners of Bluenotes, so in amongst change.

Coworkers were funny, board loving people which was fun cause At sportchek on my regular job i didnt have alot of people who liked boarding as much as i do.

Hardest part of the job was the changes that they were going through it was semi stressful as everything wasnt concrete.

Most enjoyable was teaching kids about the sport.
Pros
fun customers
Cons
changes