West 49

West 49 Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON10 reviews
I was only a seasonal employer which meant I was working there for the most part of winter. December to February, 3 months, but it was a great outcome as I gained experience.
Worked here a long time ago and it was owned by billabong. Was a very fun environment great culture and cool people. I cannot speak for it now it may have changed.
Great place to work with a nice environment and ample opportunity for advancement. Loved the fact that its a skate shop but also includes everybody not just skaters
Overall, Great 5 years at West49!

Life balance is challenging due to the demanding hours. It is based on the needs of the business and sales. Changes often.
Pros
creative expression
Cons
life balance
I really enjoyed the other employees at my level, which made the job enjoyable. Working for YM Inc will definitely take a toll on your social life, but can be rewarding. It was at first for me, but it became too much.
Pros
The People
Cons
LONG hours
west was probably the best place iv'e worked as far as enjoying your job goes. the whole vibe is a lot more friendly than you would expect from a retail environment and management is strict about making sure the shifts are divided equally between employees.
Pros
cool staff, short hours
Cons
low pay
Communication is lacking within the company. The company was bought and became part of a non-branded company. Lots of changes have occurred, 17 people have quit, and in a small organization, stability isn't a guaranteed. The atmosphere has become poisonous at the time.
Pros
I really don't have one
Cons
long hours are expected, horrible salary, verbally abusive, no appreciation
typical day at work consists of analyzing the business and learning the trends. I learned how to be very efficient with Microsoft excel. My direct managers have been a great help teaching me along the way. co workers are all great to deal with on a day to day basis.
the hardest part of the job is hitting deadlines with little timeframes. putting together orders for goods to be put into stores.
Cons
long hours with no extra pay.
it was good, got to work with skateboards, fun environment, not stressful
Pros
fun
Cons
not enough hours
a fun place with a great employee base
training is just right shows you and teaches you everything you need to know