West 49

West 49 Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Ottawa, ON9 reviews
This was such an incredible first job for myself. It came at a great time in my life. I was really involved in the skateboarding community at the time, and I felt really at home working here.
I do not have much to say about working here as it was not for long and it wasn't a job that I wanted to have. I only took it just to take it and have money in my pocket as a high school student.
Greeted customers while they entered the store, kept store neat and tidy and helped close at the end of most of my shifts.
Working at West 49 was a treat, All day I got to encounter great co-workers who made the experience much more than a normal retail job should have been, the work was constant (Cleaning up merchandise, having conversations with customers, giving people what they wanted instead of just trying to push sales was great) which I enjoyed greatly as it always kept me busy and mind off the clock.
Pros
Amazing Workplace
Cons
Short hours
It was a fun place to work, lots of cool products to sell our guests. Lots of motivation and feedback from management. kaehfwr;aoifh;wiaeRFHAEW;SHGFO'IAWRSOI;FD'OEWIASRUFESTO;GHO;'ESIHXZFGO'IAESRVJ N
I've been in the medical field over 15 years and I'm looking for a different type of job. I've done sales in the past and really enjoyed the interaction with people. Not only the interaction, but making a sale always made me feel proud and motivated me to try harder each time. Please consider meeting with me and giving me an opportunity to prove to your company that I'm a loyal hard worker.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
If people don't work as a team, I find it very disappointing! Working as a team is always more efficient and pleasant!
I usually opened which I liked because I had the rest of the day off, it was usually slower even so for holiday wise but they taught you how to re grip skate boards and change out wheels, the people I worked with were pretty cool too! I love shopping there since I was a kid so working there was enjoyable.
Pros
skateboarding culture
Cons
being scheduled with little to no time between work schedules to get to one another.
Introducing customers, and asking them how they are doing. asking them none business questions. What we have to accomplish are goal for the day. the management is OK i like the store manager i get a long with him perfect. there is no hard part with are job. Is building the decks for the customers
Pros
No Breaks
Cons
I Only work 5hrs
Typical days were keeping up with sales goals, cleaning , tasking, and doing cash. I learned a lot about myself in aspects of what I prefer to do, as appose to what I don't like to do.
Management was up in the air when I had joined the team, a lot of changes were going up, and the company was bought out by the owners of Bluenotes, so in amongst change.

Coworkers were funny, board loving people which was fun cause At sportchek on my regular job i didnt have alot of people who liked boarding as much as i do.

Hardest part of the job was the changes that they were going through it was semi stressful as everything wasnt concrete.

Most enjoyable was teaching kids about the sport.
Pros
fun customers
Cons
changes