West 49

West 49 Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB6 reviews
Head office is slower than the government which can be annoying. and now im just filling up space to be honest. i really only have the one problem with them.
west 49 was a fast and competitive environment. finding cloths and building skateboards for our customers was very rewarding and energizing. management and employees were very kind and respectfull.
A workday in West 49 would be very fun, it's a very positive work environment and the people who work there are awesome and friendly. Unfortunately, the management was a complete disaster. The bosses didn't do half of their job description, when we complained the upper management they would take the managers side without hesitation and a proper investigation. Inside the store was always being moved around and was never consistent and the managers took their personal anger on us. I would never work at West 49 again.
Pros
The people there are so easy to get along with
Cons
Talk to customers, changing visual display every week. I learned all about skateboards and how to build one. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with. Hardest part of the job would be trying to help unsatisfied customers
mangament is good hours are good advacmnet is good the company is good
Initially one of the best places I worked. Tight knit group, very fun place to be. Pay wasn't very good, but okay if you're just looking for extra cash. Quickly turns into a popularity contest. If for whatever reason people don't like you, which could be for something as simple as going to the manager about not recieving enough hours for a month, your hours mysteriously start to decline until you are forced to quit. Management is awful. Had four managers in the span of a year, most of which did little to no work. Promises of advancement (often used to make you stay when wanting to quit) are rarely kept. Same with promises of benefits and justified pay raises. Employees are generally not treated well.
Pros
very fun place
Cons
management, treatment of employees, pay
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at West 49?