West 49 Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB
Calgary, AB6 reviews
Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 139 reviews
Indeed featured review
The most useful review selected by Indeed
A workday in West 49 would be very fun, it's a very positive work environment and the people who work there are awesome and friendly. Unfortunately, the management was a complete disaster. The bosses didn't do half of their job description, when we complained the upper management they would take the managers side without hesitation and a proper investigation. Inside the store was always being moved around and was never consistent and the managers took their personal anger on us. I would never work at West 49 again.
The people there are so easy to get along with
Rate your recent company
Share your experience to help others
Initially one of the best places I worked. Tight knit group, very fun place to be. Pay wasn't very good, but okay if you're just looking for extra cash. Quickly turns into a popularity contest. If for whatever reason people don't like you, which could be for something as simple as going to the manager about not recieving enough hours for a month, your hours mysteriously start to decline until you are forced to quit. Management is awful. Had four managers in the span of a year, most of which did little to no work. Promises of advancement (often used to make you stay when wanting to quit) are rarely kept. Same with promises of benefits and justified pay raises. Employees are generally not treated well.
very fun place
management, treatment of employees, pay
We want to help you find great companies. Help us be the best!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at West 49?
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at West 49. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 139 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about West 49
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at West 49?5 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at West 49?4 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at West 49?3 people answered
- How did you get your first interview at West 49?2 people answered
- If you were to leave West 49, what would be the reason?2 people answered
- What are the perks offered by West 49?2 people answered
- What are the working hours at West 49?2 people answered
- Can you work remotely at West 49?One person answered
- How is feedback from management delivered at West 49?One person answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at West 49? What are the steps along the way…One person answered
See all questions and answers
West 49 Reviews by Location