West 49
West 49 Employee Review

Worst job ever!

25 June 2020
Worked at a store during college at a new location in a mall. Management of any kind is almost non existent unless of course they're giving you an earful about how sales are down. Working long hours and getting short changed on your paycheque was a fairly regular thing that happened to me and a few other employees and that never got rectified no matter how many times it happened.

The management had no respect for other peoples availability always booking me on days I booked off or said I wasn't available, no matter how many times I explained I couldn't work certain days because of school it always fell on deaf ears. This is rather odd considering most of the staff is high school and college students. This was finally fixed but I never once got an apology from my manager, instead just started changing shifts or leaving early so he wouldn't have to talk to me, then finally only giving me one small shift a week that usually got cancelled last minute. When I left I didn't get a thank you from anyone in management,

The company is beyond terrible to work for, I can't in any good conciseness recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
10 March 2020
Same role
Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
I was only a seasonal employer which meant I was working there for the most part of winter. December to February, 3 months, but it was a great outcome as I gained experience.
25 February 2020
Same role
Sales Associate (Current Employee) - North Bay, ON
West 49 is very easy going, as well as very relaxed. The management team and employees are super nice and very welcoming. Definitely a great place to work, but very few positions and hours per week.
9 August 2014
Same roleSame location
West 49 - Sales Associate (Current Employee) - Milton, ON
honestly the best place I have ever worked at in a long time
very chill with good vibes.
Pros
everything!
Cons
N/a