West 49
West 49 Employee Review

Great experience

10 March 2020
I was only a seasonal employer which meant I was working there for the most part of winter. December to February, 3 months, but it was a great outcome as I gained experience.
25 June 2020
Same role
Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Milton, ON
Worked at a store during college at a new location in a mall. Management of any kind is almost non existent unless of course they're giving you an earful about how sales are down. Working long hours and getting short changed on your paycheque was a fairly regular thing that happened to me and a few other employees and that never got rectified no matter how many times it happened.

The management had no respect for other peoples availability always booking me on days I booked off or said I wasn't available, no matter how many times I explained I couldn't work certain days because of school it always fell on deaf ears. This is rather odd considering most of the staff is high school and college students. This was finally fixed but I never once got an apology from my manager, instead just started changing shifts or leaving early so he wouldn't have to talk to me, then finally only giving me one small shift a week that usually got cancelled last minute. When I left I didn't get a thank you from anyone in management,

The company is beyond terrible to work for, I can't in any good conciseness recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
25 February 2020
Same role
Sales Associate (Current Employee) - North Bay, ON
West 49 is very easy going, as well as very relaxed. The management team and employees are super nice and very welcoming. Definitely a great place to work, but very few positions and hours per week.
11 February 2020
Same location
Key Holder (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
Worked here a long time ago and it was owned by billabong. Was a very fun environment great culture and cool people. I cannot speak for it now it may have changed.