West-Can Seal Coating

West-Can Seal Coating Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews
Over all an experience I will always appreciate
Long hours reflected in the pay check. This is a job for single people without families as your on the road from season start to end. Would do again. Their was a machanic on everycrew equipment was always serviced and maintained well. Lacked supervisor communication in a daily basis.
Pros
Loved the payckecks
Cons
Lacked supervisor communication
Awful
They seem to protect the lazy workers over the hard working people and if you speak up about being mistreated by workers that have been there longer then you are the one who gets let go even if the other person did wrong! And management do so many unsafe things and you can’t talk to them if you wanted to they don’t listen to you at all! So many safety violations! But management was the biggest issue!
Busy Place
A typical day is being on the job site by 5 or 6am and working for 12 hours. Making sure signs were up in the work zone, directing traffic, making sure the flaggers in their zones.
If you want too work lots of overtime it’s the place to work at
West can is a job that requires almost no thinking. It’s a job that will run you into the ground. And u will not see your family or have much of a life during summer months. But that is at least told to you in the interview. The front line workers and on site foreman are there for you in emergencies.
It very productive and the doors of opportunity to get training on the company equipments is great.
Very safe healthy and friendly reliable working place. No 100% but very good. It is a company you can count on each year as long you are following their safety rules and regulations.
Pros
Cons
Lunch hrs are paid for by the company and we have lots of time of rest.
Poor life management, Poor compensations, good pay, good management, good team members, great experience provider.
Should be home more for mind resets. More compaensation is needed for clothing and work boots, shameful. Accommodations are paid and should be factored into wage. Some very good people to work with. Recieved a lot of experience on equipment because of my willingness to learn.
It's a good place to work
Still it's a work place there's pros and cons it's like working anywhere else there's always communication problems on the work site or the office you do work with a few good co-workers that know what they are doing and others they figure they can do whatever and the people on the 2-way radios it's a flicking soap opera nothing to do about work it's about Their personal stuff
Hired...then told them I had to give 2 weeks notice at current job.
Got hired....was told all about job over phone. Told when orientation was and told them it was all good. Let them know I needed to give 2 weeks notice at current job and they dropped me. Warning....any company not willing to allow you to give 2 weeks notice is not a company you want to work for. If they cant respect that.....then they won't respect you.
Pros
They hire anyone
Cons
They respect no one
Be prepared
I’ve was with WCS for 4 years, each season worse than the next. No training, or respect, forget orientation, or their policies as it means nothing
I’ve seen the change of 3 HR and safety personnel.

Be warned
Pros
Some great employees
Cons
No respect
Show up ready to work
I have worked at West-Can for 7 years now. Started as a flagger then became a labour and moved to equipment operator.

West-Can always encourages people to increase their skills sets and teaches you how to properly do your assigned task. This winter I got my class 3 so I can drive this upcoming season. West-Can supported my efforts to get my class 3.

Overall, its a great place to work, it really is like a second family on the road. I would not recommend this job to someone who does not want to work long hours and be close to home. This job is for people who want to work hard and go on an adventure during the summer, seeing places you wouldn't otherwise see.

I enjoy the team effort everyone working together to get the job done and seeing the final paved road at the end of the day.

The pay is great, but you need to work for it. Nothing is free
Pros
Great Team culture working on a crew, always learning something new, growing company
Cons
Away from home for long period during the summer, know that going into it
My experience
Typical Day wake up early go out and make sure workplace is safe for all workers
lots of the days would be situational if they neede me flagging i would flag and if they needed me on equipment id hop on a piece of equipment
Pros
Good time, and kept me busy, and good paychecks
Cons
Long Hours
Good for young people
good for young people that want to make 20-30k over the summer, amazing people. felt like a 2nd family away from home, long days very tiring and tough
Great starting labour job, great management
work days consist of hard work and long hours. great place for a student or someone in a pinch to make money over the summer. awesome management and great co workers. problems in the workplace are dealt with efficiently and with great response.
Pros
40 a day living allowance
Cons
long hours, far from home base
good job for being away from home
all in all it is a good company good career opportunities the people were friendly the hours were long making for good pay and if you had the innitiative they were always willing to teach you new things
Long Hours, Great Adventure, Amazing Co-Workers
I've worked with West-Can for nearly 8 years now, the office staff are helpful and the crews have always been great in my experience. Working at WCS is a fast paced environment with lots of hours. If you are looking for a summer vacation, I wouldn't recommend working here or for any seasonal construction company for the matter. If you are looking for an adventure, with lots of hours and are open to working anywhere between Manitoba and B.C , I recommend working here. The owners are friendly and are always willing to work alongside you.
Pros
Staff, wage, good equipment
Cons
Working away from home
it sucked and would only recommend this type of job to a single person
long hours and way too long way from home. no communication on days off and not paid to travel long distances. I spent 4 months in manitoba and had to drive back home for a whopping 2 or 3 days off to drive back 16 to 18 hours back to manitoba
Fun work place
over all good company pay is good, having to share your hotel room I will admit is one of the worst things with this company. I got to see lots of places I would have never seen. I got put through my training for three different province's.
Pros
Travel lot's
Cons
Away for long periods of time
Very fun place to work
West -can seal coating is a very good company to work with management and office staff were very helpful and very informative clear and concise. They were receptive to any suggestions made to them
Pros
Travel around the provinces
Cons
Being away from my family and friends
Outstanding place to work
This business is a great place to work if you enjoy a facepaced environment with lots of change. The office staff are very friendly, and the owners are very family orientated.
Manager

lots of lifting

daily and weekly ordering

cleaning

stocking
Quick easy money for the strong willed, and hard workers
This is no summer vacation, Long hours, Intensive work, and strenuous on the mind and body. Great reward for those who last.
Pros
Gatorade, and cookies when the going gets tough.
Cons
Just Be prepared.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at West-Can Seal Coating. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8