Wesley

Wesley Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Salaries are insulting when clients make more than the staff. Very top down approached. Lots of Micromanagement. No flexibility in hours or creativity.
My time at Wesley has been nothing but fulfilling.
The team was supportive and I knew that it was okay to make mistakes. My manager was very transparent and always had an open door policy to our team. I could not have asked for a better manager to learn from. The coworker I worked with was supporting, patient, and we had a very collaborative work relationship.

Wesley is focusing more on investing in their people and creating a more positive and supportive work culture. I fully believe that management/supervisors are actively working to get away from the traditional method of managing.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the team I was in.
Pros
The team, free snacks on Thursdays, Staff Appreciation Event, free training and workshops
Cons
Unpaid parking & lower pay rates
If you have a good manager you will have a great time working there.regadless of what's going on with upper management your manager will have your back. If you have a bad/ignorant manager it's every man for themselves. Really pay attention to how the manager is in the first 2 weeks because they show their true colours as some point.
Pros
Day Shifts depending on department, Benefits and RRSP contribution.
Cons
Pay, Upper management, unsafe work environment depending on department and expensive parking.
Management needed to be
friendlier and understanding to staff!!! Do EXTRA

work without being compensated for it!!! when expressed

displeasure about it management response "It's part of your job"!!!??? It's expected"!!
The mission statement that declares integrity and charity and dignity....al lies. It is an agency that specializes is separating donors of good faith from their dollars. There is no leadership there is a culture of entitlement orchestrated by the executive director. They farm money and then posture. The Executive Director is on the Sunshine list....the staff need to take 2nd and 3rd jobs to make ends meet.
Shame on the Board of Directors shame on Wesley.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
The people you work for
Worked here to two years and the management blame you for everything, demand you do things that are not a part of your job, and don't care about you. Heard management talk poorly about someone because of their personal beliefs. Thankless job that had you working more hours unpaid than paid. Expected to take on more without being able to say no. The only reason to work here would be for the clients. They are amazing.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Thankless, Terrible Management, Judgemental, Toxic
Worked at Wesley for 3 years until last year. I found management to be harsh and difficult to work with. Low staff morale due to being yelled at in front of clients. A lot of sick time and stress leaves due to poor working environment. Would not recommend working here.
Cons
management, toxic work environment
A typical day at the Wesley centre included use as siting with the meals, and taking inventory of stock. It was a very nice environment, and was a pleasure working there.