Wesgroup Properties

• Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

I would not recommend Wesgroup

Was hired on at Wesgroup in February and was laid off due to Covid-19. What is ironic is the company was preaching to keep people employed during Covid and nevertheless was issued a temporary lay-off for up to 13 weeks. I was informed I would have Wesgroup staff connect with me regularly to inform me of updates and when circumstances change. Never once heard from anybody at Wesgroup until 2 months into the lay-off when I reached out to them. After taking 2 full weeks to respond I was given a very lack-luster response. At 13 weeks I initiated a resignation to which the company turned the blame around and said it was my fault for never reaching out. Two things I was a brand new employee who barely knew anybody and I was told I would have people reaching out to me. Truly the most ironic part about my experience at Wesgroup was. When I was issued the temporary lay-off I was told they had a company benefit which tops up EI to 90% of my wage. However, due to being on probation I would not qualify for this benefit. Which is fine, that is a standard type policy/procedure. Then when the temporary lay-off agreement was sent by email the last paragraph stated "This form must be signed and returned to our office by April 24, 2020 at Noon to qualify for the Employment Insurance top-up program." They couldn't even edit the lay-off agreement custom to each employee (to which only a handful were issued temporary lay-offs) that was downright pathetic. Looking back on everything that happened with this company I would have rather just been fired!

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Management needs serious training

At moment the best Company I've ever worked.

A great environment where it has been possible to grow up with my career, my experience and I became more Self-confident with my job. Typical work-day: from 9 to 11 hours. I learnt everything about safety procedures, papers work, first aid, etc. Management is fantastic, strong, helpful and they recognized my efforts every year with benefits, bonus and wage review. Great workplace culture with the passion to build communities and a special attention to their employees. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the trades in the job site, but it's a common problem for every management Company. The most enjoyable part is to feel part of a great Company that is well recognized, awarded and it's constantly growing up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wesgroup Properties. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement