WESCO International

WESCO International Employee Reviews

Canada47 reviews
this is a fast paced environment where you need to make your productivity numbers - productivity bonuses every month.
this is a LEAN driven facility - process improvement.

middle of the road salary for the industry.
When I started, wesco was a great company with management that was understanding and helpful. It has since then changed management and taken an extreme hit in morals and care for their employees. I tried to remain loyal as I enjoyed the work I was doing but the stress of my surroundings was more than I could accept.
I have a very positive experience. Staff is very patient and helpful. Very busy on the phone. Very customer satisfaction oriented. Was hired as a temporary contractor, but would definitely accept the position.
A electrcial company that is focused on Oil and Gas markets in the area.
Typical days involves doing onsite sales calls to clients offices and doing client quotes. This position offers a large degree of autonomy.
Unorganized, unsafe place to work.....beware! Do not keep their machinery safely maintained. Inept management. If you do the bare minimum but kiss bosses but you will do ok.
Pros
Lazy people excell here
Cons
Hard working honest people do not have a chance.
Management at this branch is lacking. They really don’t know how to communicate well. You’ll be scared to even call in sick or go and talk to management about anything because you’ll be looked down on. I don’t recommend here. You’ll be talked to like you’re stupid. They’ll have nothing nice to say. And if you’re new and ask a question you’re treated like you’re dumb and that you should know the answer.
Overall a good place to work for sales people, bonuses sometimes and sales incentives
open in morning unlocking doors safety check forklift
work service counter sales as needed when customers arrive

lockup in evening checking for safety
Pros
free lunches during training
I worked for this company for 5 years. You are treated more as a number than an employee. I saw that if you had any issues with management, you would get released from your duties, permanently. The culture in Calgary is very "watch your back", tote the company line or else.
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Working at Wesco has taught me to be a better worker and how to work under pressure and not let it get to your head. A typical day at Wesco is like we have to pick and put away 600 lines a product to different branches all over the lower mainland. I've learned to be a better manager I've learned to be a better worker also a better teacher as well because I trained all the new people that come into the company I've also learned how to drive forklifts of all types. The hardest part of my job in my mind is when a branch orders too much of one product and the most enjoyable part of my job is all my co-workers and all the help I can get from them and how nice they all are.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at WESCO International?
WESCO est un bon employeur. J'y ai appris beaucoup et y ai rencontré des gens fantastiques.
Work days are fast and productive and something new everyday. The pay is good and salary plus bonus. the bosses are on point for work but easy going. i would recommend work for them again.
everyday you are asked to do something new without training and is expected to be on point with the first couple tries.the shipping and receiving supervisor work thier but off so if you not planing on working as hard then you can forget it
Working at Wesco was a decent place to work it seemed from the start but I slowly learned how things were handled by management. This is not a place you want to work if you're looking for advancement, to be frank I'm shocked the place runs with such sloppy work ethic and the fact there is no moral.

This Branch needs serious re-vamping which is going to have to start from the top unfortunately which they are going to have a hard time dealing with.
Cons
Management, Extremely dusty enviroment, run down facilities, no training, .
not fun serious place, alot of office drama, owner was good, employees were bad always complaining about raise call in sick alot.. my job was easy dispatching calls
There was a structured work environment dedicated to advancing their employees into positions in-house as they became available promoting lean work practices and allowing for educational opportunities
Enjoyed Job Duties
Opportunity for Advancement

Do not provide training in any area, must self teach difficult subject matter in order to advance.

A lot of focus on procedures
Poor and rude Management!!! A lot of pushing and threatening!!! Super stressful work place! Always worried about getting fire! Bosses like to make fun at people who make error which is not nice! Lack of people skills! Lack of training! Co workers are okay.
Pros
Cons
Long hours of work most of the time
Wesco company was an easy to follow job. Manual labour was standard, and learned the system as you went.

I got moved around a lot between each of the departments, which allowed me to get training in every department.

The only issue would be decision making by some of the management. When I wanted to move forward to front counter, I was not, despite all my experience, training, and knowledge of the product. I felt I deserved the position what with a clean record of punctuality, and taking no sick days.

I left because of this decision not to move me forward.
Pros
casual, yet steady work, friendly co-workers, some free lunches
Cons
lack of proper management decisions, overworked, relied on too much to do multiple tasks (often all at once)
Currently employed, steady work, but lack of local management makes it hard to be overly optimistic about future the future state of a career with this company.
I learned that in some very old companies are very slow and unwilling to change. In spite of the jargon the silo, cover your butt and "it's always been done this way" philosophy is very much entrenched at this company. This starts at management and filters althe way through. As always Great employees