WESCO International Employee Reviews

Enjoyable Work Enviroment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 July 2018
There was a structured work environment dedicated to advancing their employees into positions in-house as they became available promoting lean work practices and allowing for educational opportunities
Good Company
Counter Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 May 2018
Enjoyed Job Duties
Opportunity for Advancement
Do not provide training in any area, must self teach difficult subject matter in order to advance.
A lot of focus on procedures
Would not recommended!!!
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2018
Poor and rude Management!!! A lot of pushing and threatening!!! Super stressful work place! Always worried about getting fire! Bosses like to make fun at people who make error which is not nice! Lack of people skills! Lack of training! Co workers are okay.
Pros
Cons
Long hours of work most of the time
Always busy and productive
Shipper/ Receiver/ Pipe Bay (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2018
Wesco company was an easy to follow job. Manual labour was standard, and learned the system as you went.

I got moved around a lot between each of the departments, which allowed me to get training in every department.

The only issue would be decision making by some of the management. When I wanted to move forward to front counter, I was not, despite all my experience, training, and knowledge of the product. I felt I deserved the position what with a clean record of punctuality, and taking no sick days.

I left because of this decision not to move me forward.
Pros
casual, yet steady work, friendly co-workers, some free lunches
Cons
lack of proper management decisions, overworked, relied on too much to do multiple tasks (often all at once)
n/a
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Canada22 November 2017
Currently employed, steady work, but lack of local management makes it hard to be overly optimistic about future the future state of a career with this company.
Acompany stuck in the past and unwilling to change
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2017
I learned that in some very old companies are very slow and unwilling to change. In spite of the jargon the silo, cover your butt and "it's always been done this way" philosophy is very much entrenched at this company. This starts at management and filters althe way through. As always Great employees
Would recommend for juniors starting out in their career
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON5 June 2017
Fair compensation for fair work.Good work life balance. Relaxed environment with relatively low stress.

Not much room for growth. No incentives for staff to be motivated or high performing.
No structure in Pointe Claire office
Senior Buyer and Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC25 May 2017
Would not recommend. Poor management, little to no training, too many green employees, mediocre salary, quantity is valued over work quality. Employees receive no recognition from management.
Pros
Modern office
Cons
No training, outdated ERP system
fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2017
Great physical work. great way to make friends and the people are friendly. over all I had a great time working there but it was time for me to move so I had to let the job go
If you like Drama, Wesco Saskatoon has it for you. Management has no clue.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK28 February 2017
If you work in the warehouse, its always your fault. There is no support from management. Run run run run run.........................................away
Pros
Mon- friday
Cons
Drama
worked there for 35 years
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2017
a typical day at work when I left was dealing with customers at the front counter and product training is ongoing. management was friendly and workplace culture to me seemed like its not what you know, its who you know. the hardest part of the job was leaving after 35 years and the most enjoyable were the benefits I gained over the years.
Good salary and benefits
Warehouse Associate-Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 February 2017
It can be a fast paced work environment but there is a good support network from fellow staff and management.
All necessary training on internal operating system to safety to forklift is provided.
Terrible workplace culture
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 January 2017
I Have not experienced such a lack of professionalism and management in a workplace since my days working in odd jobs for college.
No direction or structure to the workplace. Everybody just does their own thing, so good luck if you're new. I ended up having a good contact in another Wesco branch that I could rely on if I needed to know something. Asking anyone in the office was an exercise in futility.
High turnover and many stories of past employees being let go or just leaving. Luckily, I have a good sense of humour and found the whole experience somewhat amusing. Comforting to know that Wesco keeps all their idiots assembled in one branch.
Pros
Not there anymore
Cons
Hostile employees
Great learning experience
Inside Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 November 2016
Work day was typically 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM depending on how busy the day was. Providing excellent customer service to my customer base and earning their respect and repeat business was very rewarding. Great co-workers. Hardest part of the job was dealing with issues beyond my control. Providing the "extra effort" service and being recognized for this by a customer.
Pros
Continual learning
Cons
Long hours at times
Great place to work and alot of good times.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2016
It is a fast pace job and a place you can grow within the company. Sometimes you have to make choices and think outside the box and you are able to work as a team to accomplish the task you are given.
Pros
positive input from your supervisors and upper management.
Cons
If you don't work hard you fail.
Great company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 September 2016
Good organization with a decent culture. Being a private company has its challenges and general Wesco does well. American versus Canadian culture can be a challenge but the Canadian team does a good job
Good place to work if you like challenge
Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 July 2016
It's too bad the economy is tanking, I really liked working for WESCO.

Management actually appeared to care about what was going on.

I would arrive, clean up whatever I couldn't do the previous day, then do cycle counts. When cycle counts were done, typically that's when stock would come in. I'd do that, then process A/H tickets, pick tickets, then put away stock, and clean up if I had time.

I would also assist in measuring and cutting cable and wire if need be.
good workplace
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 July 2016
Wesco was a good workplace to work for with great people who help out, which was good because there isn't much for training.
Pros
hour lunches
Good team
Project Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2016
Good local team. Bad corporate decisions. Great benefits, salary is decent. Lack of skilled employees and layoffs make it harder to do your own job.
Pros
good team
Cons
bad management
Uncertainty of Tenure
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2016
The day starts with answering emails and review status of current projects documentation submittals and deliveries

I have learn valuable use of product knowledge in problem solving and project coordination.

Most enjoyable part and hardest of the job is problem solving needs from claims resolution, documentation, submittal reviews.
Pros
I have learned to work independently and develop my own system of online collaboration.
Cons
Lack of rewards, recognition and appreciation for efforts. Too much micromanagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WESCO International. Our community is ready to answer.