Wescast Industries

Wescast Industries Employee Reviews

Canada56 reviews
Most of the people are great. Supervisor’s are good people. Management sucks. Machining is a heavy job, very repetitive. Little training or support. Used to be lots of overtime, but not anymore. Very dirty and extremely hot in the summer.
Pros
Pay is good for area
Cons
Don’t know how long the company will last
Engineering is run likes hobby shop now a team environment. Place is now a smooth running machine. Requires a change in management to overcome problems and vision.
Work environment sucks, you get no help. Treated as a outsider, lots of talking behind your back. They don't invest in repairs to machinery, machines they are old. Break down all the time. No leadership from Management, union runs the show in there.
Its dirty and flooring is full of caked on oil and metal on floors. Nothing is clean in machine shop side.
I enjoyed working with the guys at Wescast, regular hours, steady work. The pay a few short years ago was better but its close to home and was secure.
Place is a complete joke! Picked their favorites and let them do whatever they wanted to! Would use you because you knew how to perform jobs that others knew but refused to do! Supervisor came to work drunk and took all his problems out on certain employees! Constant mandatory overtime made for a guaranteed 6 day work week most of the year! You would be better off to go elsewhere where you are treated with some kind of respect because you won’t be treated that way at Wescast.
Wescast is insecure place to work. They have lot of changes during last couple of years, specially in management position. Their benefits are attractive.
- Cleaned parts off after coming out of the machine
- Cleaned up the floors when not needed on the line

- Ran backup machines when mine wasn't working
I thoroughly appreciated my employment with this company. I will carry my knowledge and work experiences that I learnt and was taught with me throughout my future employment.
Wescast is a frustrating place to work. The systems, equipment and management style are out of date and difficult to work with. The company is struggling with retention of talented and forward thinking people. As a result, growth is slow to non existent. I’m not sure that the ownership really wants to see success.
for about 3 years, I liked it, they paid students well so that helped me save up for school. Certain jobs were dirty or tough, but nothing unusual or extreme.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wescast Industries?
There are a lot of friendly coworkers, the management was pretty flawed for most of the time I worked there, one manager did whatever he wanted and treated some workers worse than others, and another didn't know what he was doing at all for most of his employment. As far as I know, both of those managers have left the plant I worked at though.
Highest turn over rate I’ve ever seen!!! Horrible management, No team environment. Work place verbal, mental and physical harassment. Numerous issues with the HR Department head and employees. Failure to transmit pays correctly.
Too many uneducated and/or unskilled people working on the floor, and in my opinion in the leadership roles and management too. No work life balance, you only work. High stress because of really bad organization. Once the new ownership took over it just got worse.
I enjoyed my time here running a CNC Machine. Was always a good pace work day and there was always something to do. If the Machines were running good the day always flew by.

Management was always good at addressing any concerns, time off request and always had good communication with there teams.

Benifits and pay were great and there was always room for advancement as the company continues to grow with new contracts.
Good place and people large equipment to work on training was not very well put across.Working with black sand gets every where. Hot place to work but they give heat breaks.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Straight night
Wescast Industry is manufacturer of exhaust manifolds for the automotive industry which quality standards and safety requirements are met. I was hired on as part of a new group of new employees for the plant. Helpful people when being trained in different areas it was a good learning experience and very interesting. My co-workers were awesome and funny whether it was day or night shift I was on.
Great employment opportunity. Crew/ Co-workers make the job a lot better. Very flexible for students and their schooling and previous obligations. The supervisors very good to work with and made sure you were working within safe scope.
I Worked the 11pm- 7am shift. i really got along with alot of the people there. Overall most important ins having attention to detail and the rest comes along easily
Pros
Awesome caff, friendly peopl, free coffee
Cons
sometimes mandated OT
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wescast Industries. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8