Wescast Industries Employee Reviews

Dump!
Stainless Steel Associate (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON2 December 2019
Place is a complete joke! Picked their favorites and let them do whatever they wanted to! Would use you because you knew how to perform jobs that others knew but refused to do! Supervisor came to work drunk and took all his problems out on certain employees! Constant mandatory overtime made for a guaranteed 6 day work week most of the year! You would be better off to go elsewhere where you are treated with some kind of respect because you won’t be treated that way at Wescast.
Working consistently and at a faster pace
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wingham, ON12 November 2019
- Cleaned parts off after coming out of the machine
- Cleaned up the floors when not needed on the line
- Ran backup machines when mine wasn't working
Loved and took pride in my job there
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON4 November 2019
I thoroughly appreciated my employment with this company. I will carry my knowledge and work experiences that I learnt and was taught with me throughout my future employment.
Company in decline
Administration (Former Employee) –  Wingham, ON19 October 2019
Wescast is a frustrating place to work. The systems, equipment and management style are out of date and difficult to work with. The company is struggling with retention of talented and forward thinking people. As a result, growth is slow to non existent. I’m not sure that the ownership really wants to see success.
Worked part time in high school
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Wingham, ON25 September 2019
for about 3 years, I liked it, they paid students well so that helped me save up for school. Certain jobs were dirty or tough, but nothing unusual or extreme.
Slow paced work with a hit or miss style of management per department
Finisher, Core Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wingham, ON22 September 2019
There are a lot of friendly coworkers, the management was pretty flawed for most of the time I worked there, one manager did whatever he wanted and treated some workers worse than others, and another didn't know what he was doing at all for most of his employment. As far as I know, both of those managers have left the plant I worked at though.
Horrible
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Wingham, ON12 September 2019
Highest turn over rate I’ve ever seen!!! Horrible management, No team environment. Work place verbal, mental and physical harassment. Numerous issues with the HR Department head and employees. Failure to transmit pays correctly.
I wouldn’t if I were you
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON5 September 2019
Too many uneducated and/or unskilled people working on the floor, and in my opinion in the leadership roles and management too. No work life balance, you only work. High stress because of really bad organization. Once the new ownership took over it just got worse.
Great Pay and benifits. Lots of OT to.
Ont- General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON3 September 2019
I enjoyed my time here running a CNC Machine. Was always a good pace work day and there was always something to do. If the Machines were running good the day always flew by.

Management was always good at addressing any concerns, time off request and always had good communication with there teams.

Benifits and pay were great and there was always room for advancement as the company continues to grow with new contracts.
straight shifts
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Wingham, ON19 August 2019
Good place and people large equipment to work on training was not very well put across.Working with black sand gets every where. Hot place to work but they give heat breaks.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Straight night
Was a good place to work
Labourer (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON12 August 2019
Wescast Industry is manufacturer of exhaust manifolds for the automotive industry which quality standards and safety requirements are met. I was hired on as part of a new group of new employees for the plant. Helpful people when being trained in different areas it was a good learning experience and very interesting. My co-workers were awesome and funny whether it was day or night shift I was on.
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Wingham, ON25 July 2019
Great employment opportunity. Crew/ Co-workers make the job a lot better. Very flexible for students and their schooling and previous obligations. The supervisors very good to work with and made sure you were working within safe scope.
productive workplace lots of friendly people willing to teach
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Wingham, ON19 March 2019
I Worked the 11pm- 7am shift. i really got along with alot of the people there. Overall most important ins having attention to detail and the rest comes along easily
Pros
Awesome caff, friendly peopl, free coffee
Cons
sometimes mandated OT
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON26 January 2019
Foundry (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON21 November 2018
Finance (Former Employee) –  Wingham, ON18 November 2018
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wingham, ON3 November 2018
Exhaust manifold manufacturing company.
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON23 October 2018
Wescast closed its plant in Brantford, ON in 2005. Once a global leader in the supply of exhaust manifolds to OEM's. Had a gross sales of 500M in the early 2000's.
Awful place to work
Steel Associate (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON28 September 2018
It is like a revolving door. They hire and fire quickly or people leave because of how they are treated.

Some great people work there but the atmosphere is do defeated. It is a pay cheque
Pros
Location Stratford
Cons
Working conditions, lack of training, treatment from msnagement
Was a great place to work
maintenance leader (Former Employee) –  Wingham, ON15 September 2018
Very poor leadership, great workers. Very disappointing to see how things have gone from one of the top fifty employers in Canada to what it is now. Not a team place to work.
Pros
Was great to work there
Cons
Poor management