Wendy's

Wendy's Employee Reviews

Found 2,376 reviews matching the searchSee all 36,528 reviews

No fun environment at work, stressful

Someone having no other option or bound by laws is working there. Intense pressure and stress repels team to work there. Lack of motivation, recognition forces team to be rude and sometime mannerless

Pros

50% off on meals

Cons

Unexpected extentions and reduction of shift, basic wage rate, only one unpaid break, excessive workload creating stress, racism based on gender and nationality

Great people

Great people to work for, fast paced at times. Always something to do. Great work atmosphere, with upbeat people. Management is friendly and caring

Pros

Discounted meals

Cons

Long days

Good place to work/ poor management

Overall good place to work. Co-workers support each other during the shift. Can sometimes be stressful when busy. Store managers and shift supervisors are amazing and very helpful. Would recommend Wendy’s over McDonald’s as a work place any day. Top management in Guelph/fergus area is horrible. I have had multiple times where the District manager has belittled and made me feel stupid for the tiniest mistake. I have spent times crying in the bathroom on shift due to this.

Pros

Coworkers, flexible schedule, store management and supervisors

Cons

District manager, lunch/dinner rushes can be stressful

high energy busy physical job

stressfull at times. High energy needed. Attention to detail needed. well trained by management. management very helpful and hands on. staff are very supportive and pleasant.Most difficult part of job is how busy it is and fast paced

Pros

fun fast and great co workers good for students

Cons

too few staff long hours

Productive and fun

I definitely like working at Wendy’s and I strongly recommend anyone to work there. I worked nearly four years in Wendy’s and I like working fast faced environment.

Pros

50 percent off when you buy food for yourself

Cons

Favouritism is a big concern

Never fast enough

When told to scrub the floors in the entire front and back of the restaurant, I always thought I'd done well. Turns out, they don't actually want them clean, how could they as greasy as they were. It was gross!!

Co-workers were the best part

The location I worked at I loved my co-workers at Wendy’s, but was not cross trained when I was supposed to be, was only taught 2 stations and cleaning, my hands were injured and had to stay to work fries where it is very hot ( my hands were very sensitive from burns ) and had to beg to go home. They would also make you take your break before certain times even if you were working late and did not want to take your break yet. Wouldn’t recommended working here.

Pros

Discount on food when working, sometimes get sent home early

Cons

Long hours on your feet

not worth the wage

Wendy's is a decent place to work at. Wouldn't exactly give it a 5/5. Managers are quick to yell at new employees, regardless of the fact that most are trained by staff who have only worked there for 2 months and are still in their probation period. Some staff are never taught the proper procedure until they've been yelled at by a manager that you've been doing it wrong the whole time and will only then correct you on it. The only benefit you have as an employee is a 50% off meal that is only given to you on the days you're scheduled to work - though this can be different for other locations. As for the employees, It's easy to make friends with other crew members and they're all very helpful people when you ask for help. One problem that has been pointed out before is how awful they are at giving breaks to staff. Opening staff are given their breaks an hour and a half into their 7.5+ hour shifts. And I'm typically given my break within 2 hours of my 8.5 hour shifts and I'm left with about 6 hours of pure work for the rest of my shift. Even though I'm trained on multiple positions, each shift I'm planted in the same spot for 8 hours talking to customers. I find it odd how some staff who work front cash never graduate to learning drive-thru order-taking and older staff are the only ones who are well trained on that position and only scheduled for it. This makes it harder to switch/give away shifts with other staff and only a small handful of crew members and even supervisors are able to cover you during your breaks. It really does not make any sense to not train and schedule staff -

Pros

50% off staff meals

Poor management

Management doesn’t communicate well and don’t follow through with promises and ask more out of someone than the equipment can keep up with. Crew is easy to work with. Equipment breaking down constantly

Pros

%50 off food during shift

Cons

Too many managers that don’t communicate

Productive but need to have strong personality

Staff is rude with each other, specifically during 3 months training period!They will usually assign non-essential work like cleaning washrooms, dine-in area, dishes in the beginning.They train on each and every section very clearly and gives time for the practice.

Pros

50percent off on employee meals

Cons

Rude behavior

Jobs at Wendy's

See more jobs

Minimal reward working here

A normal shift is 9 hours, with one unpaid 30 minute break. They give the absolute minimum for breaks and will even try to skimp on those if they can get away with it. No opportunity for advancement or wage increase within the workplace unless you become a manager. Usually understaffed. Makes their staff come in to work unless they can personally get their shift covered, even if they are sick in the midst of a pandemic (and working directly with food). No credit given where it is due. Does not honour your availability.

Pros

50% discount when working

Cons

Bare minimum for breaks, no opportunity for advancement, stressful, minimal reward

Fun working at, everyone easy going

Fun working, easy to apply for a job, customers and staff are very friendly.Pay was great. Hours were long. Always something to do. Restaurant clean.

Newbies do a lot of the tasks

When I worked there, training involved multiple videos, but no actual training on the machines you are given to work on. After you learn the fryer, they train you on burgers. When I was trained on sandwich building I also had to work the fryer while 2 other people stood around doing nothing.

Pros

Discounted food

Cons

Hectic work environment

Fast paced work place.

Loved my team, and the salad open shift was my favourite. Enjoyed the fast paced shifts, the fellow staff, and, staff rewards for fast service times!!

Pros

Discount

Cons

Grease accumulation on uniform

Travail stressant, en équipe durant le rush

Très bon premier emploi, acquis de bonnes techniques de travail applicables dans n'importe quel autre emploi.Salaire minimum, salaire de superviseur plus bas que dans les autres companies pour même appelation d'emploi. Très haut roulement d'employés. Pas de choix sur le poste travaillé, tout le monde apprends plusieurs postes et travail sur différents postes à différents shifts. Si bilingue travail uniquement au service clientèle (caisse, bagging etc) rush constant. Je ne recommande pas cet emploi comme emploi permanant (5 ans+)

Pros

Bonne première job, acquis de talents en milieu de travail

Cons

Rotation élevée d'employés, salaire minimum

Minimum wage and maximum stress

You're paid peanuts to deal with bad management, shoddy equipment, rude customers and understaffed shifts. The "culture" pushes out unobtrusive and efficient workers and people who are neither of those things will be paid more than you

Pros

Somewhat flexible schedule

Cons

Horrible pay, terrible HR environment, stressful

Great people, no raises

I found working at Wendy’s largely enjoyable as a part time job. The company was flexible with shifts (although that would vary on location) and the work was easy to pick up on. I found that any issues with customers was largely overshadowed by my supportive coworkers as at my location we followed the rule of “who do you have to see tomorrow, the customer or your coworkers?” Which worked out great for morale. One thing to note is that salary advancements only happen upon promotion to manager so if you are not looking to take on that position you’ll have to be satisfied with minimum wage. Additionally there are restrictions on hair dye (natural colours only) which is difficult to work around. In my last months as I was preparing to leave, I was constantly attempting to acquired a hat as opposed to a visor in order to hide my hair but ran into issues as that part of the uniform is gender based with males getting hats and females getting visors. This again is a middle management issue however. Appliances were often broken due to them being very old, yet this would be blamed on the staff. Overall, it’s a regular fast food job with a healthy work environment and half the training videos they show you will just be Wendy’s propaganda.

Pros

Good staff environment, knowledgeable of local high schools days off, flexible hours

Cons

Frustrating middle management, gender based uniforms

Very toxic environment. Worst management possible.

Managers would talk bad about u and everyone else. They were rude and yelled when u did not know how to do something they were supposed to train u on.

Pros

home time

Rude Management

I worked here for a few months and it was an absolute mistake. They interviewed me and hired me in the same day, rushed through all of my training and then scheduled me to work every single weekend and most of the week, despite me stating on my form that I couldn't work every single weekend. When I mentioned that, the manager told me "You shouldn't have got a job if you didn't want to work" which I get but I stated this multiple times. Not to mention I was only 13... The management and some of the co-workers would gossip about me and made me feel like garbage. I was trying my hardest but id constantly be put down.wohld not recommend.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Rude Management, Unfair Schedules, Gossip

Stressful and bad communication especially when starting out

Training and communication are stressful to the point I quit. They don't care about mental health issues. And if you want to make sure your doing it correctly and have self esteem issues then dont bother applying.

Pros

50% discount when working

Cons

Bad scheduling, communication is terrible

Dont work here

Terrible place to work, never schedule enough people. At first it’s okay but after a few months of working you realize you don’t get paid enough for what you do. I would never recommend working here. Take any other job!

Pros

50% off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wendy's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

9.5K
9.6K
9.9K
3.8K
3.7K

3.0Job security/advancement
  • Wendy's
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?