Wendy's
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Working at Wendy's: Latest Wendy's Reviews

Canada2,477 reviews

Found 2,477 reviews matching the searchSee all 37,575 reviews

Okay job with amazing management

My store location GM and Assistant managers were very accommodating and made everything easier. They were willing to work around your schedule. Overall a decent starter job at my location.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

stressful

Good for part time

Had a great team and good management. Discount on food. Flexible with scheduling. Uniform provided. Was not interested in growth but saw other move up in supervisory roles.

Insights into Wendy's

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

terrible work place

dirty terrible crew members, terrible place to work very tight workspace and yea the managers and the whole team was honestly soo baddd , they need and have a lot to improve on definetly

Terrible toxic atmosphere, terrible pay!!

If you offered a 0 that’s the rating I would give, terrible place to work! It has terrible toxic atmosphere, terrible pay, customers are rude. The GM shouldn’t be working there!!

Friendly workplace, fast-paced work environment

Friendly coworkers and management, relatively flexible hours, however minimal training, you learn most of the skills required for the job as you go rather in proper on-boarding training.

The people I worked with we pretty great but the owner is cheap

I recommend working here if you are looking for something part time going through school but if you are looking to work fulltime and be able to pay rent I would not recommend working at wendys.

Pros

I was trusted to do my job properly and wasn't micro managed

Cons

Only had 1 day off every week, always short staffed, worked every weekend, worked 44 hours a week refused to give overtime, there was no room for growth in the company

Fast food is always tough

Fast food will always be hard, and a grind to work through. Min wage with long and busy hours. Never really get a time to rest, but the people working there is what made it bearable. Depending on the time I would bring a speaker and play music while washing dishes to help pass the time faster.

Pros

Discounts on food

Cons

No down time on the job

Overall great experience and lots of room to grow.

I enjoyed my time with Wendy’s and would recommend it to anyone. Lots of room to move up and learn new skills about managing people and food safety in general.

Pros

Lots of room to advance.

Cons

Can be a lot if you don’t manage time right.

Very enjoyable, people oriented. Definitely a team!

I felt welcomed, the customers and staff make ever day enjoyable. If there is an area that needs work, it's dealt with promptly. Best minimum wage job in Sydney

Pros

50% meal on your break, Smiles

Cons

Low pay

Fast food

It's fast food work. With covid goals have become unattainable and too slow to make changes to goals.Work has to be #1 priority. There is no balance. Days off are often taken up by still doing work.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Work/Life balance

It’s okay

Fast-paced, stressful, have to deal with rude customers. Lazy management but otherwise good first job for learning more about customer service and what to expect

Pros

Free food

Cons

Little pay but long hours

Make this your last resort

The managers are moody The employees talk about you behind your back constantly.Don't call in sick because they will talk bad about you and say that you're lying.The customers treat you poorly.For the wages they offer it just isn't worth it.However, they will try to accommodate your time off needs so that's good.

Fast and stressful

Pay is not fair compared to the amount of stress you have to deal with on daily basis. The staff calls in are very often so you have to run the restaurants when its understaffed.

Pros

Free meals for Managers

Cons

Pay

a lot of expectations, difficult job

expect you to be very flexible and expect you to work multiple tasks. very fast paced and busy. Interviewer kept asking if you were sure you could handle the environment.

Productive and Supportive Team

My coworkers, supervisors, and managers are always available when I need assistance. The team is very productive. I started working for Wendy's just recently on Monday, May, 18th, and the training is easy once you understand the procedures.

Great people to work with

I started as a crew person working mostly nights. I then became shift supervisor after about a year. I stayed with this company for about 10 years I trained many young people who became managers or shift supervisors great company to work for.

Terrible Management

Management is poorly trained and doesn't know how to treat employees. They put themselves on a pedestal and don't see the crew members as equal. I wouldn't recommend working here unless you like a toxic work environment.

Pros

Nice crew members

Cons

Terrible management

Disrespectful, arrogant.

The management is screwed constantly and feel bad for customers, they are very slow and extremely short staffed. Constantly arguing and screaming in the store.

Easy and fast paced

Hard to request time off, they literally make you explain why. Hours get cut at random depending on how sales are trending. The staff basically run the store, management will let you get away with almost anything.

Great morale.

I was well supported by my manager. Given clear training. Fun and easy going atmosphere. Helpful team members. Learned some good skills that have helped me in other areas.

Pros

Discounts on food

Cons

Late night shifts

fun and good place to work

great place, good people, pretty relaxed. most employees know how to make the job fun. good pay and great benefits. can get stressful. straight forward job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wendy's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement