Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Goal oriented with fun company events
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 August 2018
Worked regular 8 hour shifts, learned how to resolve issues with customers and retain business. Workplace culture was good and fun with lots of incentives and management was organized and well informed and promoted advancement. Hardest part of the job was working till 9p followed by a 7a shift.
Pros
free lunches and company events
Cons
changing from late shift to early shift every week
Really love working with them
Phone banker 2 (Former Employee) –  Philippines23 July 2018
It was indeed a great learning and well compensating experience for me. I was able to upskill both my interpersonal relationship skill and corporate or administrative skill. While being compensated well.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
High Goals
Best company I have worked for
Collections Operations Processor Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 May 2018
I would still be with this company if they didn't close all Canadian Retail offices/branches.

10 years of service. Company works with your skills and ensures you succeed within the company.

Work place culture was great.
Pros
1 hour lunch, great benefits.
Cons
Non
okay place to work, helping people get out of debt
Collection agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2018
I liked working there, a place where people with blemished credit can get some help. The hours are okay and they treated me well. I was trasfered out of a depeartment that eventually centralized but would have stayed working there had I had the chance to.
Pros
great office
Cons
late evenings
Staff
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2018
Felt I was being targeted by certain people.
Some departments were understaffed putting a strain on other staff.
Feeling good at a firm and no strain is number one.
Pros
Nice people
great management
Phone Banker 2 (Current Employee) –  philippines7 April 2018
good compensation and benefits, they encourage work life balance and they have great management and facilities. they encourage diversity and inclusion.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
irate callers
Eating lots of chocolates
SENIOR COLLECTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2018
Working and adapting to US culture
Reporting data and monthly results to Canada and US
Dealing with common sense approach and empowered employees to succeed and perform well
minimize losses and approving short sales
Engaging Loss Mitigation team and Collection rep.
Ensuring that everyone is awake of good an bad process
Pros
Flextime
they packed their bags and laid off 3000 people
Loss Mitigation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2018
was super corporate, no one had a name, instead you were employee # 1312234

was good for growth, they were very encouraging about upgrading your skills and supported employees for doing so.

had lots of opportunities to move around
Pros
large multinational company
Cons
they laid off 3000 people at once
Good while it lasted
Bilingual Credit & Area Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 February 2018
Small branch for a larger parent company. Nationwide financing of used vehicles. Dealing with dealer partners, forming relationships, leveraging deals for business, set goals and targets. Strong leadership focus. Good partnership between supervisors and front line underwriters with timely decisions on transactions.
Pros
Sales/Credit blend with goals
Cons
Parent company got in trouble with housing crisis and pulled out of Canada
It's ok
Retailer Services Liason (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 February 2018
Typical US based firm trying to do business in Canada, banging their collective head against a wall while doing as much as possible to do as little as possible.
Well balanced work life
Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  City of Saint Louis, MO19 February 2018
Good company to work for as a full time employee. As a contractor there is no telling when they will fire you due to project moving off shore. But beside that management is excellent.
Best Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region18 February 2018
A company who cares for the employees at any aspect. The perfect company for career growth.

Works closely on every employee's strength and weakness in order to give them their highest possible achievement on their career.

encourages everyone to achieve their desired promotion without giving them too much pressure .

well maintained facilities and office equipment. they also have shower rooms,game rooms, and sleeping quarters which is helpful for the employees in case of heavy rain or any emergency.

has a friendly and professional environment which is a reflection of a good management.

they also encourages employees to join sports and other activities which gives employees more confidence in themselves and feel good to do their Job.

and lastly, the salary is unexpectedly more than satisfactory.
Pros
gives you option for your preferred schedule and line of business.
Large Organization but poor management
Financial Crimes Consultant (AML/ATF) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2018
Lots of restructuring every two years. Be prepared to get laid off in years time.
Lot of politics.
Good Benefits
It can be good stepping stone to get your foot in the corporate qworld.
Benefits
Cons
Restructuring and Politics
years ago
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 January 2018
this was a good transition point from a lower management roll to something a little more grown up! learned a lot... developed some life long networking from this place.
Great place to work.
Broker Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2018
I loved my job at Wells Fargo, it closed up here in Canada in 2008, lots of people lost their jobs. The people were awesome to work with/for and the company itself was great.
Nice place to grow
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2018
nice workplace with lots of growth opportunity. People are encouraged to move laterally and learn on the job.

Nice benefits and salary package.

the work culture was good.
Great place to learn and grow professionally
Vice President - Client Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2018
Great company but had concerns with the Canadian Market. Withdrew from the CDA market....too bad. Still a great place to work. Upper management very involved.
Postive Work Culture
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2017
great company , good management team with a positive attitude.
never a dull moment, always new things to learn. Team always there to help you . Positive Moral
Work Life Balance is practiced
Programmer/Analyst 3 (Current Employee) –  Philippines13 November 2017
Working at Wells Fargo. makes me realised that work life balance is possible. and it really boils down to the manager who is handling your team. I believe Wells Fargo made a very good decision in putting people on their right position. Specially on the team I worked with. My manager is supportive and will go extra mile to help us in what we need. and try to be equal in terms of the benefits that US guys have like (benefit of working form home).
Great place to Work
officer- Finance (Former Employee) –  sackville ns31 October 2017
I enjoyed my time at Wells Fargo as the Management was awesome to work for, she made it fun to come to work and do our job. We were very much a Family. They closed in Canda

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

59.3K