Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Best company I have worked for
Collections Operations Processor Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 May 2018
I would still be with this company if they didn't close all Canadian Retail offices/branches.

10 years of service. Company works with your skills and ensures you succeed within the company.

Work place culture was great.
Pros
1 hour lunch, great benefits.
Cons
Non
Staff
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2018
Felt I was being targeted by certain people.
Some departments were understaffed putting a strain on other staff.
Feeling good at a firm and no strain is number one.
Pros
Nice people
great management
Phone Banker 2 (Current Employee) –  philippines7 April 2018
good compensation and benefits, they encourage work life balance and they have great management and facilities. they encourage diversity and inclusion.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
irate callers
Eating lots of chocolates
SENIOR COLLECTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2018
Working and adapting to US culture
Reporting data and monthly results to Canada and US
Dealing with common sense approach and empowered employees to succeed and perform well
minimize losses and approving short sales
Engaging Loss Mitigation team and Collection rep.
Ensuring that everyone is awake of good an bad process
Pros
Flextime
they packed their bags and laid off 3000 people
Loss Mitigation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2018
was super corporate, no one had a name, instead you were employee # 1312234

was good for growth, they were very encouraging about upgrading your skills and supported employees for doing so.

had lots of opportunities to move around
Pros
large multinational company
Cons
they laid off 3000 people at once
Good while it lasted
Bilingual Credit & Area Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 February 2018
Small branch for a larger parent company. Nationwide financing of used vehicles. Dealing with dealer partners, forming relationships, leveraging deals for business, set goals and targets. Strong leadership focus. Good partnership between supervisors and front line underwriters with timely decisions on transactions.
Pros
Sales/Credit blend with goals
Cons
Parent company got in trouble with housing crisis and pulled out of Canada
It's ok
Retailer Services Liason (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 February 2018
Typical US based firm trying to do business in Canada, banging their collective head against a wall while doing as much as possible to do as little as possible.
Well balanced work life
Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  City of Saint Louis, MO19 February 2018
Good company to work for as a full time employee. As a contractor there is no telling when they will fire you due to project moving off shore. But beside that management is excellent.
Best Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region18 February 2018
A company who cares for the employees at any aspect. The perfect company for career growth.

Works closely on every employee's strength and weakness in order to give them their highest possible achievement on their career.

encourages everyone to achieve their desired promotion without giving them too much pressure .

well maintained facilities and office equipment. they also have shower rooms,game rooms, and sleeping quarters which is helpful for the employees in case of heavy rain or any emergency.

has a friendly and professional environment which is a reflection of a good management.

they also encourages employees to join sports and other activities which gives employees more confidence in themselves and feel good to do their Job.

and lastly, the salary is unexpectedly more than satisfactory.
Pros
gives you option for your preferred schedule and line of business.
Large Organization but poor management
Financial Crimes Consultant (AML/ATF) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2018
Lots of restructuring every two years. Be prepared to get laid off in years time.
Lot of politics.
Good Benefits
It can be good stepping stone to get your foot in the corporate qworld.
Benefits
Cons
Restructuring and Politics
years ago
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 January 2018
this was a good transition point from a lower management roll to something a little more grown up! learned a lot... developed some life long networking from this place.
Great place to work.
Broker Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2018
I loved my job at Wells Fargo, it closed up here in Canada in 2008, lots of people lost their jobs. The people were awesome to work with/for and the company itself was great.
Nice place to grow
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2018
nice workplace with lots of growth opportunity. People are encouraged to move laterally and learn on the job.

Nice benefits and salary package.

the work culture was good.
Great place to learn and grow professionally
Vice President - Client Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2018
Great company but had concerns with the Canadian Market. Withdrew from the CDA market....too bad. Still a great place to work. Upper management very involved.
Postive Work Culture
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2017
great company , good management team with a positive attitude.
never a dull moment, always new things to learn. Team always there to help you . Positive Moral
Work Life Balance is practiced
Programmer/Analyst 3 (Current Employee) –  Philippines13 November 2017
Working at Wells Fargo. makes me realised that work life balance is possible. and it really boils down to the manager who is handling your team. I believe Wells Fargo made a very good decision in putting people on their right position. Specially on the team I worked with. My manager is supportive and will go extra mile to help us in what we need. and try to be equal in terms of the benefits that US guys have like (benefit of working form home).
Great place to Work
officer- Finance (Former Employee) –  sackville ns31 October 2017
I enjoyed my time at Wells Fargo as the Management was awesome to work for, she made it fun to come to work and do our job. We were very much a Family. They closed in Canda
Fast paced, great team work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia27 October 2017
Very proud to work for WFF.. I started as front receptionist.. Training was always there.. Plenty of opportunities to move up the ladder... Seniority was only in place for choosing holidays..
Pros
Great salary, great benefits and moving on up the ladder was very achieveable.. Great company
Cons
We all had our quotas, and we needed to reach them by month end. Made the office very competitive..
Amazing teamwork Enviroment
Lending Specialist and Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS and Halifax, NS20 September 2017
-A typical day was our daily morning meetings to look at our monthly goals and how to accomplish them. What we could do to develop more business.
-I learned so much. I learned a lot about team work. Selling loans, Mortgages, Insurances.
-I eventually learned how to do the hiring for our office which I greatly enjoyed.
-I learned how to correct any errors in any deals within our office.
-My Manager was amazing and probably the best I've ever had. He was very approachable and always there to help.
-The hardest part of my job was cold calling and not getting the sale.
-The best part was cold calling and getting the sale and working on loans and mortgages and keeping busy.
Pros
Working in a postive environment with a supportive amazing team.
Cons
Working a deal and not being able to get it approved for the customer.
A work-life balance
Loan Documentation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Philippines10 September 2017
I am truly blessed to be part of one of the best banks in the world - Wells Fargo Enterprise Global Services, LLC - Philippines. The company promotes a work-life balance environment which is very important to every individual.

My work day starts with checking/answering my emails followed by the task at hand. The people I work with makes my duties and responsibilities lighter as we treat each other as family.

I have learned a lot of things during my stint in Wells Fargo. I will always remember to put so much value in diversity and inclusion which is very relevant not only in the business world but in the real world as well. This is also one of the values of Wells Fargo that provide the foundation for everything we do.

I also had my fair share of challenging days during my term in Wells Fargo. There were times that your patience was tested but being professional, respectful and understanding will resolve anything and everything.

The most satisfying and gratifying part of my job was when your voice is being appreciated and when your decisions are valued. These motivates me to strive to become excellent in everything I do. In addition, the people in the workplace makes my day and task easier.
Pros
Promotes work-like balance
Cons
I can't think of any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

59K