Wellness Pharmacy

Wellness Pharmacy Employee Review

View all Wellness Pharmacy reviews

Unfair
store #1, Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2019
It seems unfair that only pharmacists and pharmacy technicians get benefits but not pharmacy assistants. Not all assistants are treated the same. You really cant move up.
Assistants are preferred not to type rx, so no room to learn, very repetetive-mostly packing-/ lack of communication between management and employees/ overwork staff
Pros
Its a job
Cons
no room to learn, very repetetive-mostly packing
16 October 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We listened to your feedback and implemented a comprehensive extended health and dental plan for all Pharmacy Assistants. We have also worked with our team members to ensure that all pharmacy assistants get exposure to various areas of the pharmacy and can learn about all the services that we provide to our patients. At Wellness Pharmacies, our employees are our greatest strength and with the help of your feedback, we have been able to improve their employment experience at our organization.

Other Wellness Pharmacy Employee Reviews

No wage increase
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC31 December 2019
You will never receive any pay raise as a pharmacist in this company. Head office will come up with every possible excuse to deny a wage increase. The company has gone completely corporate despite them saying they provide "the autonomy of an independent pharmacy". Not so bad if you're just looking for a paycheque.
10 February 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to learn about your experience and can assure you that pay increases are provided to all levels of the organization when the increase aligns with employees’ performance, years of service, internal pay range and external market data. It is within our mission to maintain an agile operation and provide autonomy to our pharmacies; however, for the greater benefit of our employees, we have standardized the pay review process to ensure a fair and objective pay evaluation for all team members.”

Use the term "trial" as a full shift without pay
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 June 2019
I had a professional interview which led to a trial of 6 hours without pay. Just for those who do not know (nor did I know until much later), a trial run is no more than 1.5 hour of shadowing and meeting the staff. I ended up spending $30 for parking. I was completely ignored by the head pharmacist of the day and was not shown the layout of the dispensary. I wittnessed the head pharmacist yell at everyone about not reading nor replying to the emails. Really? Luckily, there were no patients in the pharmacy. The team itself were apologetic and respectful. The management needs to be trained of how to communicate than yell. It was an abusive environment.
Pros
Found none to say
Cons
Not a dream pharmacy
13 June 2019

Dear Writer,

We are sincerely sorry to learn about your negative experience with one of our Wellness Pharmacy locations. Note that we value your feedback and we have done an investigation to learn from the events as an opportunity for our own improvement and to provide clarification where appropriate.

The first area of concern was your comment about payment, since all our trial shifts are paid. All payments are processed per the semi-monthly payroll schedule without delay; however, per the date of this feedback, it appears that your expectation was that the payment would be processed on the day of the trial shift. We apologize if that was not communicated clearly during the orientation.

Secondly, you had indicated a situation where a manager did not approach the team appropriately. Our investigation and discussions with our team members did not reflect this information; however, we understand how this situation may have been perceived by you and we have provided appropriate coaching to ensure such behavior is never perceived by current and new team members.

Lastly, please note that although there is certainly some training during a trial shift, the intention of the trial shift is for you to meet the team and shadow our operations, which provides an opportunity for both sides to determine if this is the right fit for the organization.

Again, we thank you for your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wellness Pharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.

Wellness Pharmacy Reviews by Location