Wellness Pharmacy

Assistant1 review
Canada1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
Featured review
Wellness Pharmacy selected this as a representative review
Good company to work for. Good positive and friendly environment, but not much room for growth. The management was poor at store level; however the head office always tried to improve on the system. The General manager and the owners are great and friendly people.
Pros
Good head office staff
Cons
Poor management at store level
Official response from Wellness Pharmacy
23 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We will be using this information to provide additional training to the management at store level. We are also reviewing our training program to ensure that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth. We make every effort to improve the employment experience of our team and we hope to be the employer of choice for all who take pride in helping those that benefit from our services.
I had a professional interview which led to a trial of 6 hours without pay. Just for those who do not know (nor did I know until much later), a trial run is no more than 1.5 hour of shadowing and meeting the staff. I ended up spending $30 for parking. I was completely ignored by the head pharmacist of the day and was not shown the layout of the dispensary. I wittnessed the head pharmacist yell at everyone about not reading nor replying to the emails. Really? Luckily, there were no patients in the pharmacy. The team itself were apologetic and respectful. The management needs to be trained of how to communicate than yell. It was an abusive environment.
Pros
Found none to say
Cons
Not a dream pharmacy
Official response from Wellness Pharmacy
13 June 2019
Dear Writer,

We are sincerely sorry to learn about your negative experience with one of our Wellness Pharmacy locations. Note that we value your feedback and we have done an investigation to learn from the events as an opportunity for our own improvement and to provide clarification where appropriate.

The first area of concern was your comment about payment, since all our trial shifts are paid. All payments are processed per the semi-monthly payroll schedule without delay; however, per the date of this feedback, it appears that your expectation was that the payment would be processed on the day of the trial shift. We apologize if that was not communicated clearly during the orientation.

Secondly, you had indicated a situation where a manager did not approach the team appropriately. Our investigation and discussions with our team members did not reflect this information; however, we understand how this situation may have been perceived by you and we have provided appropriate coaching to ensure such behavior is never perceived by current and new team members.

Lastly, please note that although there is certainly some training during a trial shift, the intention of the trial shift is for you to meet the team and shadow our operations, which provides an opportunity for both sides to determine if this is the right fit for the organization.

Again, we thank you for your feedback.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wellness Pharmacy?