Wellness Pharmacy

Wellness Pharmacy Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Featured review
Wellness Pharmacy selected this as a representative review
Good company to work for. Good positive and friendly environment, but not much room for growth. The management was poor at store level; however the head office always tried to improve on the system. The General manager and the owners are great and friendly people.
Pros
Good head office staff
Cons
Poor management at store level
23 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We will be using this information to provide additional training to the management at store level. We are also reviewing our training program to ensure that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth. We make every effort to improve the employment experience of our team and we hope to be the employer of choice for all who take pride in helping those that benefit from our services.
I have been with Wellness pharmacy for over 2 years now. It was my first job ever and I plan to stay with them as long as possible. Although I work other places, I can make it work since they are really flexible with your schedule and have a lot of opportunities such as part-time, full-time, mornings and evening shifts. The staff is great, and supportive. The job is not stressful at all and have full time hours, unlike other pharmacies. I love going to work, since I am usually working independently but have full support from my managers. Recently they have increased their wage for nurses, which is also a positive for this company! If you are looking for a job as a new nurse, this is a good starting point for building your hours, and if you enjoy it like me, you might even stay with the company long term! :)
As one would expect in any role, there are challenging days but the organization is open to feedback and works with you. The structure is flat so you feel comfortable speaking with the leadership team openly. There is a great team of people that work well together. They also take the COVID-19 safety very seriously so it feels good to be a part of the team.
Pros
Patient focused, ethical and supportive team
Cons
Some busy days
The team's members working collaboratively and help each others. Head office members and maneger have good attitude and ethics . There are right amount of training in order to be successful and work with confident.Pharmacists are professional and helpful.You have your schedule 2 month in advance and can manage your work with your life. They have focus on health and safety of employees strongly.
Pros
professional and collaborative work place
Cons
must drive at any seasons
There's always an expectation to deliver from management, but it's fair and the team is supportive and collaborative to attain goals together. Great team environment and colleagues to lean on. There are many opportunities to make the job interesting and rewarding, it's what you make of it. Good job for new grads to develop experience or a veteran pharmacist looking for a change in practice.
Pros
develop skills and experience
Cons
fast pace
Wellness Pharmacy has been a great place to work. They have been welcoming, patient with training and are very supportive. Management at the company is also really easy to talk to. All questions and concerns have been met with prompt replies and/or actions.
Pros
Great Staff
I had a professional interview which led to a trial of 6 hours without pay. Just for those who do not know (nor did I know until much later), a trial run is no more than 1.5 hour of shadowing and meeting the staff. I ended up spending $30 for parking. I was completely ignored by the head pharmacist of the day and was not shown the layout of the dispensary. I wittnessed the head pharmacist yell at everyone about not reading nor replying to the emails. Really? Luckily, there were no patients in the pharmacy. The team itself were apologetic and respectful. The management needs to be trained of how to communicate than yell. It was an abusive environment.
Pros
Found none to say
Cons
Not a dream pharmacy
13 June 2019
Dear Writer, We are sincerely sorry to learn about your negative experience with one of our Wellness Pharmacy locations. Note that we value your feedback and we have done an investigation to learn from the events as an opportunity for our own improvement and to provide clarification where appropriate. The first area of concern was your comment about payment, since all our trial shifts are paid. All payments are processed per the semi-monthly payroll schedule without delay; however, per the date of this feedback, it appears that your expectation was that the payment would be processed on the day of the trial shift. We apologize if that was not communicated clearly during the orientation.Secondly, you had indicated a situation where a manager did not approach the team appropriately. Our investigation and discussions with our team members did not reflect this information; however, we understand how this situation may have been perceived by you and we have provided appropriate coaching to ensure such behavior is never perceived by current and new team members. Lastly, please note that although there is certainly some training during a trial shift, the intention of the trial shift is for you to meet the team and shadow our operations, which provides an opportunity for both sides to determine if this is the right fit for the organization. Again, we thank you for your feedback.
It seems unfair that only pharmacists and pharmacy technicians get benefits but not pharmacy assistants. Not all assistants are treated the same. You really cant move up. Assistants are preferred not to type rx, so no room to learn, very repetetive-mostly packing-/ lack of communication between management and employees/ overwork staff
Pros
Its a job
Cons
no room to learn, very repetetive-mostly packing
16 October 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We listened to your feedback and implemented a comprehensive extended health and dental plan for all Pharmacy Assistants. We have also worked with our team members to ensure that all pharmacy assistants get exposure to various areas of the pharmacy and can learn about all the services that we provide to our patients. At Wellness Pharmacies, our employees are our greatest strength and with the help of your feedback, we have been able to improve their employment experience at our organization.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wellness Pharmacy?