Wellness Pharmacy
Wellness Pharmacy Employee Review

Use the term "trial" as a full shift without pay

4 June 2019
I had a professional interview which led to a trial of 6 hours without pay. Just for those who do not know (nor did I know until much later), a trial run is no more than 1.5 hour of shadowing and meeting the staff. I ended up spending $30 for parking. I was completely ignored by the head pharmacist of the day and was not shown the layout of the dispensary. I wittnessed the head pharmacist yell at everyone about not reading nor replying to the emails. Really? Luckily, there were no patients in the pharmacy. The team itself were apologetic and respectful. The management needs to be trained of how to communicate than yell. It was an abusive environment.
Pros
Found none to say
Cons
Not a dream pharmacy
Official response from Wellness Pharmacy
13 June 2019
Dear Writer, We are sincerely sorry to learn about your negative experience with one of our Wellness Pharmacy locations. Note that we value your feedback and we have done an investigation to learn from the events as an opportunity for our own improvement and to provide clarification where appropriate. The first area of concern was your comment about payment, since all our trial shifts are paid. All payments are processed per the semi-monthly payroll schedule without delay; however, per the date of this feedback, it appears that your expectation was that the payment would be processed on the day of the trial shift. We apologize if that was not communicated clearly during the orientation.Secondly, you had indicated a situation where a manager did not approach the team appropriately. Our investigation and discussions with our team members did not reflect this information; however, we understand how this situation may have been perceived by you and we have provided appropriate coaching to ensure such behavior is never perceived by current and new team members. Lastly, please note that although there is certainly some training during a trial shift, the intention of the trial shift is for you to meet the team and shadow our operations, which provides an opportunity for both sides to determine if this is the right fit for the organization. Again, we thank you for your feedback.
21 October 2020
Same roleSame location
Assistant (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
Wellness Pharmacy has been a great place to work. They have been welcoming, patient with training and are very supportive. Management at the company is also really easy to talk to. All questions and concerns have been met with prompt replies and/or actions.
Pros
Great Staff
22 October 2020
Same location
HR Generalist (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
As one would expect in any role, there are challenging days but the organization is open to feedback and works with you. The structure is flat so you feel comfortable speaking with the leadership team openly. There is a great team of people that work well together. They also take the COVID-19 safety very seriously so it feels good to be a part of the team.
Pros
Patient focused, ethical and supportive team
Cons
Some busy days
21 October 2020
Same location
LPN (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
The team's members working collaboratively and help each others. Head office members and maneger have good attitude and ethics . There are right amount of training in order to be successful and work with confident.Pharmacists are professional and helpful.You have your schedule 2 month in advance and can manage your work with your life. They have focus on health and safety of employees strongly.
Pros
professional and collaborative work place
Cons
must drive at any seasons