Wellness Pharmacy

Wellness Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Great head office staff/management

Featured review

Wellness Pharmacy selected this as a representative review
Good company to work for. Good positive and friendly environment, but not much room for growth. The management was poor at store level; however the head office always tried to improve on the system. The General manager and the owners are great and friendly people.

Pros

Good head office staff

Cons

Poor management at store level

23 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We will be using this information to provide additional training to the management at store level. We are also reviewing our training program to ensure that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth. We make every effort to improve the employment experience of our team and we hope to be the employer of choice for all who take pride in helping those that benefit from our services.

Decent entry level job for pharmacists, but not for long term.

This company does have advantages where you may be exposed to a variety of opportunities and different type of works. They are keen on trying new technologies and business models involving patient care, and there are opportunities to do more collaborative clinical work compared to regular community pharmacies. The support from the management is actually tangible, which is more than what I can say for many other chains.However, these come with strings attached to them. They apparently do not consider the location into account when discussing hourly wages and the annual raise is marginal. The starting wage is below market average despite the claim and you can easily find other pharmacies with better wage. They are also becoming more corporate by the year and more tasks with metrics are introduced one by one. The aforementioned opportunities come with high level of stress and erratic hours where you may be expected to work outside of the official business hours for the pharmacy to run batches and such. And staff turnover rate seems a little high, both from observation and the number of job postings here on Indeed. Even their operations management position seem to change relatively frequently. The worst past is that they were trying hard to sugarcoat it for a while. Ironically, many people in management at that time left the company shortly after.Floating around is a mixed bag. There is some standardization between the pharmacies, but many of them are unique and also have specific protocols on top. You get your hourly wage whether you go to North Vancouver or Surrey. Overall, -

Pros

Unique opportunities, decent benefits past probation

Cons

High stress, metrics, below market average wage

Great company to work for; flexible around availability. Good job to have on the side.

Great company to work for. The head office is super accommodating to nurses needs as they are very flexible with working around availability. Everybody is welcoming and work in a collaborative environment. Great job to have on the side if you already have a fulltime job. Always hiring, so most likely to get the job!

Cons

No benefits.

Love working as a LPN with this company

I have been with Wellness pharmacy for over 2 years now. It was my first job ever and I plan to stay with them as long as possible. Although I work other places, I can make it work since they are really flexible with your schedule and have a lot of opportunities such as part-time, full-time, mornings and evening shifts. The staff is great, and supportive. The job is not stressful at all and have full time hours, unlike other pharmacies. I love going to work, since I am usually working independently but have full support from my managers. Recently they have increased their wage for nurses, which is also a positive for this company! If you are looking for a job as a new nurse, this is a good starting point for building your hours, and if you enjoy it like me, you might even stay with the company long term! :)

Positive Environment with Caring Leadership

As one would expect in any role, there are challenging days but the organization is open to feedback and works with you. The structure is flat so you feel comfortable speaking with the leadership team openly. There is a great team of people that work well together. They also take the COVID-19 safety very seriously so it feels good to be a part of the team.

Pros

Patient focused, ethical and supportive team

Cons

Some busy days

Productive and professional palce to work with great attitude and ethics

The team's members working collaboratively and help each others. Head office members and maneger have good attitude and ethics . There are right amount of training in order to be successful and work with confident.Pharmacists are professional and helpful.You have your schedule 2 month in advance and can manage your work with your life. They have focus on health and safety of employees strongly.

Pros

professional and collaborative work place

Cons

must drive at any seasons

Good job

There's always an expectation to deliver from management, but it's fair and the team is supportive and collaborative to attain goals together. Great team environment and colleagues to lean on. There are many opportunities to make the job interesting and rewarding, it's what you make of it. Good job for new grads to develop experience or a veteran pharmacist looking for a change in practice.

Pros

develop skills and experience

Cons

fast pace

My experience has been positive

I've been working here almost five years and have had a positive experience so far. The owner is fair and lets pharmacy managers do what is best for the area's demographic which I appreciate. Every location is different and has different needs and patients. Thank you for the opportunity to work here!

Pros

Positive owner

Supportive and Welcoming Environment

Wellness Pharmacy has been a great place to work. They have been welcoming, patient with training and are very supportive. Management at the company is also really easy to talk to. All questions and concerns have been met with prompt replies and/or actions.

Pros

Great Staff

high pressure environment

This organizations lacks respect for employees and is an abusive environment. It takes advantage of staff and puts excessive pressure on each staff. I did not enjoy my experience with this company

Pros

could not find any

Cons

communication skills

No wage increase

You will never receive any pay raise as a pharmacist in this company. Head office will come up with every possible excuse to deny a wage increase. The company has gone completely corporate despite them saying they provide "the autonomy of an independent pharmacy". Not so bad if you're just looking for a paycheque.

10 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to learn about your experience and can assure you that pay increases are provided to all levels of the organization when the increase aligns with employees’ performance, years of service, internal pay range and external market data. It is within our mission to maintain an agile operation and provide autonomy to our pharmacies; however, for the greater benefit of our employees, we have standardized the pay review process to ensure a fair and objective pay evaluation for all team members.”

Use the term "trial" as a full shift without pay

I had a professional interview which led to a trial of 6 hours without pay. Just for those who do not know (nor did I know until much later), a trial run is no more than 1.5 hour of shadowing and meeting the staff. I ended up spending $30 for parking. I was completely ignored by the head pharmacist of the day and was not shown the layout of the dispensary. I wittnessed the head pharmacist yell at everyone about not reading nor replying to the emails. Really? Luckily, there were no patients in the pharmacy. The team itself were apologetic and respectful. The management needs to be trained of how to communicate than yell. It was an abusive environment.

Pros

Found none to say

Cons

Not a dream pharmacy

13 June 2019
Dear Writer, We are sincerely sorry to learn about your negative experience with one of our Wellness Pharmacy locations. Note that we value your feedback and we have done an investigation to learn from the events as an opportunity for our own improvement and to provide clarification where appropriate. The first area of concern was your comment about payment, since all our trial shifts are paid. All payments are processed per the semi-monthly payroll schedule without delay; however, per the date of this feedback, it appears that your expectation was that the payment would be processed on the day of the trial shift. We apologize if that was not communicated clearly during the orientation.Secondly, you had indicated a situation where a manager did not approach the team appropriately. Our investigation and discussions with our team members did not reflect this information; however, we understand how this situation may have been perceived by you and we have provided appropriate coaching to ensure such behavior is never perceived by current and new team members. Lastly, please note that although there is certainly some training during a trial shift, the intention of the trial shift is for you to meet the team and shadow our operations, which provides an opportunity for both sides to determine if this is the right fit for the organization. Again, we thank you for your feedback.

Unfair

It seems unfair that only pharmacists and pharmacy technicians get benefits but not pharmacy assistants. Not all assistants are treated the same. You really cant move up. Assistants are preferred not to type rx, so no room to learn, very repetetive-mostly packing-/ lack of communication between management and employees/ overwork staff

Pros

Its a job

Cons

no room to learn, very repetetive-mostly packing

16 October 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We listened to your feedback and implemented a comprehensive extended health and dental plan for all Pharmacy Assistants. We have also worked with our team members to ensure that all pharmacy assistants get exposure to various areas of the pharmacy and can learn about all the services that we provide to our patients. At Wellness Pharmacies, our employees are our greatest strength and with the help of your feedback, we have been able to improve their employment experience at our organization.

Amazing work place

Very friendly environment Helped in improving all aspects of pharmacy from training to managing the pharmacy great workplace very supportive staff and owner

23 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all feedback as they help us improve our programs and practices; however, your positive feedback is the reminder that our tireless work in finding ways to improve our programs is making a difference. We appreciate all your contribution to the organization and wish you the best in your endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wellness Pharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement