Wellington Park Care Centre

Wellington Park Care Centre Employee Reviews

4.3Pay & Benefits
Toxic Environment
PSW (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 May 2019
First time experience in LTC and was bullied by other staff members, thrown under the bus for things I didnt do. Management very unsupportive. Enjoyed working with different situations regarding clients.
Pros
Lots of hours if you want or need it
Cons
Management unsupportive, bullied by co-workers
dont trust everyone
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 February 2019
worked with this home for five months and got stabbed in the back by what i thought was my co-worker but they had other plans. they(person mentioned and management) ganged up on me because i was confident and motivated to move up they had other ideas and basically got me fired. i had the best attendance for my programs and the residents loved me and vice-versa. miss this place,,

if you get a job here be dumb and do the bare minimum required or else you will be a threat. other then that great place to work
Pros
organized
Cons
co-workers
Lots of hours
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 November 2017
Most staff are helpful and friendly and there are always lots of hours. Management could be better but overall not a bad place to work. I would recommend it.
Pros
Lot's of hours
Cons
Some unfriendly staff
Career start
Resident Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 December 2013
Started off as front line staff and worked my way into manager position; learned all about Long Term Care, Ministry and challenges seniors face. Part of the leadership team, was proud of my accomplishments and also faced numerous obstacles with the company's history, receivership, high turnover of managers etc.

Typical day involved staffing challenges, my own dept or the homes; daily issues arise with residents that need attention-put fires out and try to offer constant support and stability for the residents we get to work for and with.

Hardest part of job-dealing with toxic staff-conflict resolution
Most enjoyable part-worked on a nine month art therapy display wall-very proud our accomplishment-its very expressive-residents very talented-had a ceremony involving a ribbon cutting, MPP, MP, families, staff an media all involved!!