WELLINGTON-DUFFERIN-GUELPH PUBLIC HEALTH

WELLINGTON-DUFFERIN-GUELPH PUBLIC HEALTH Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
4.6Pay & benefits

Good place to work.

The organization provides great benefits and the work is very rewarding. Great environment to learn about collaboration with colleagues and community partners.

Pros

Rewarding work

Public Health Nurse

Exciting, challenging days responsible for assessing Mother and Child in clinics and home settings. I loved being free to plan my workweek and adapt as necessary.Learned so much about the difficulties in multicultural families and new immigrants adjusting to life in Canada. Was able to work closely with all agencies in the community to help deliver best service to clients. The hardest part of the job was the poverty I saw and subsequent referrals I had to make to Child and Family Services for Child neglect and abuse. Free to consult with colleagues from other departments to gain knowledge to help clients.

Pros

Day time hours; benefits; inservice education/seminars

Cons

ability of the Nurse became restricted due to advent of Computer documentation.

Good Pay, too casual

I worked for Orangeville Public Health for the past year. I find the job pays well and it is easy enough, however, the hours are kind of terrible. This job was advertised as casual part-time but it is very casual part-time and does not give many hours. Also, when you are accepted you must sign a contract that says you will not look for work outside of this position upon getting the job. If you are looking to pay your bills, this is not the right job for you.

Pros

good pay

Cons

not many hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WELLINGTON-DUFFERIN-GUELPH PUBLIC HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5

4.0Job security/advancement

Compare WELLINGTON-DUFFERIN-GUELPH PUBLIC HEALTH with

WELLINGTON-DUFFERIN-GUELPH PUBLIC HEALTH Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?