WELLINGTON-DUFFERIN-GUELPH PUBLIC HEALTH

WELLINGTON-DUFFERIN-GUELPH PUBLIC HEALTH Employee Reviews

I love working for WDGPH, an incredible organization and I work with some incredible people. I am encouraged each day and feel accomplishment and gratitude at the end of every day from Management and staff.
Pros
Lunch & snacks provided
Cons
No cons
Very nice to work at Guelph location. Co-workers and management very friendly and helpful. Free parking, clean and safe work environment. Sadly a short contract was not extended and I accepted a job elsewhere. I would consider another job if it became available.
It has been a privilege to work at WDGPH. Wonderful place, wonderful people. Even though I was a temporary employee and worked there for only three months, they made me feel like a part of their team. If I did not have to move away from the area, I would definitely want to stay and maybe try and get a full-time job.
The organization provides great benefits and the work is very rewarding. Great environment to learn about collaboration with colleagues and community partners.
Pros
Rewarding work
Great experience. I'm just a temp. The person I report to and the person she reports to are both awesome. She is a great teacher. I would love a permanent position there.
Exciting, challenging days responsible for assessing Mother and Child in clinics and home settings. I loved being free to plan my workweek and adapt as necessary.Learned so much about the difficulties in multicultural families and new immigrants adjusting to life in Canada. Was able to work closely with all agencies in the community to help deliver best service to clients. The hardest part of the job was the poverty I saw and subsequent referrals I had to make to Child and Family Services for Child neglect and abuse. Free to consult with colleagues from other departments to gain knowledge to help clients.
Pros
Day time hours; benefits; inservice education/seminars
Cons
ability of the Nurse became restricted due to advent of Computer documentation.
I worked for Orangeville Public Health for the past year. I find the job pays well and it is easy enough, however, the hours are kind of terrible. This job was advertised as casual part-time but it is very casual part-time and does not give many hours. Also, when you are accepted you must sign a contract that says you will not look for work outside of this position upon getting the job. If you are looking to pay your bills, this is not the right job for you.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not many hours
Very cool and different job for younger people. You get picked up at home to drive around your public stores to try and purchase tobacco without an id.
Pros
Free food
Cons
There are no cons