Well.ca

Canada138 reviews

Clear
1.8Pay & benefits

Sweatshop Well.ca

First off…. This company takes advantage of whoever works for them and new hires. Like most companies, this one is a perfect example of a company that makes boats loads of cash. No where is their a mention from McKesson (well.ca) of any fair raises to allow their workers to survive today’s cost of living and I’m not talking .50 cent or a dollar, I’m talking more like two or more bucks. For to long this sweet shop has been using employees as a set of steps to climb to the top. It’s time for people that work here to save their sweat for a better paying job!!!!! No pension…..no matching RRSP….. benefits that leave you paying out of pocket…. No raises until they decided 3 to 5 year span…..no job security…… and you want to work here!!!!! I’m done with this company and it’s lack of money and ignorance towards their employees!!!!!! You can choose to believe this or just work here and find out for yourself.

Don’t do it !

My experience at Well.ca was like a roller coaster ride.Some highs and more lows then I care to remember. I think all those times I wasted walking through those doors to work here. Now! I did apply here, I just hong on to long when I should have left. Well! Lesson learn going forward. If their is any advice I could give someone wanting to work here. I would start by telling you, this company sugar coats their words and they don’t know how to treat their employees. They hire to fire on a whim without reason and they make you believe your important. Your not important here, because if you were you wouldn’t be part of the high turnover this company is known for. Further more the wages are not up to date and the benefits are ok if there was three months in a year.PS if you think I’m lying, apply and find out for yourself.

Pros

Leaving this place on my own choice, knowing it was the right thing to do.

Cons

Your just another number!

Insights into Well.ca

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

Living cost money 💰

If you never step foot in Well.ca , consider yourself very lucky individual. Worked here for two years and after the first year I noticed that I really needed to move on, but decided to wait and see if things would improve and they never did. I never worked for a company that pinches nickels & dimes like this company. Very cheap when it comes to raises. Even if you don’t miss time or you are good worker, that goes unnoticed around here. They would so replace you then pay you what your worth here. Working hard here for what….bad benefits…..low wages…company doesn’t match your RRSP….no pension…..seen to me like a rip off sweat shop place to work!!!!!!

Pros

Lunch & breaks.

Cons

Almost working for free!

Open that wallet deeper

This place is so cheap that they buy Christmas dinner for their employees, but not the (temp)Workers. Yet it’s the temp Workers who help us during Black Friday and Christmas holidays. I guess temp workers are good to uses and give a helping hand, but not good enough to sit with long time employees for a Christmas dinner. This Well.ca talks about all the good they do and all the families they help out at Christmas time, but no dinner for the temp workers. Show some compassion for all worker you cheap skates at Well.ca!!!!!

Pros

Temp workers working hard.

Cons

Getting the he ho before Christmas without a thank you dinner .

The work is easy!

I was hired on from an agency thinking if I did a good job I’d be hired on in 3 months. Well I didn’t even last a month because myself and many were only hired on for well.ca’s Black Friday/Christmas rush. So basically this company used about 40 agency employees to get them through this rush and sent us all packing 2 weeks before Christmas after only working there 4 weeks. You’re led to believe that “when you get hired on” you will have all these benefits and discounts with the company knowing full well they have no intention of keeping you. The work is pretty easy and a few of the leads are pretty cool but other than that don’t expect to stay on if you are hired by an agency.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Everything else.

Not enjoyable place to work

I was only here for a short period of time and it was enough to make me want to leave after a five months. I notice right a way that the mood of the other works always seem down. I notice if you talk they move you around in packing which I though was very immature. Their nothing wrong with a little chitchat and allows you to get to know who your working with and helps the day go better. The watching from the team leads is also very disturbing, I have never seen that kind of behaviour at other jobs I’ve worked at to this extreme. I was very disappointed when I used the benefits here to go to the dentist, in one visit I used all of what I was allowed in one sitting and had to pay a lot out of pocket for the rest. Very disappointing benefits as far as I’m concerned. I was told by other employees that raise don’t come around very often either. It didn’t take long for me to find other work after I left here. My experience was short lived and I personally wouldn’t suggest anybody apply here. It was a low very shallow feeling be here.

Pros

Nice co workers.

Cons

More to lose then to gain.

Lacks promise

I worked in shipping here for four years and I can tell you from the start to finish the place has not changed for the better. I left for the reason mainly. The money for what I was doing was pretty bad. I put my back out on many occasions doing shipping. The VP always talk about how the company is going to improve and where going to do this and that and nothing really changed in the four years I was here. The team leads left me short handed many shifts with no help for me and some of the other shippers. Let us get back up with boxes and expecting us to pull off miracles to get caught up. I believed the whole time I worked here that I would see raises and improvement , but never did. After two of those four years I should have left sooner. Looking back now I wish I never worked here at all!

Pros

Believing thing would change.

Cons

Wish I never work here.

Pay up!

Working here wouldn’t get you far in life. Your bank account will go down and your blood pressure will go up! Waiting for a raise is like waiting for a turtle to cross the finish line on a ten mile track. Even if you get a raise it still not enough to make a difference, because you will still be eating Kraft dinner instead of steak. They make lots of money in this company to be so cheap with raises. I guessing they didn’t get the “memo” that the cost of living is going up!

Pros

Finding a higher paying job.

Cons

Kraft dinner every night.

Family atmosphere

I like working here and I know a lot of people that I work with like it here too. Very family like atmosphere here at Well.ca! Probably one of the better place I worked for in a long time. They treat you with a lot of respect here and lots of workers tend to stay here because of the money. Pretty good money for easy working place. I have worked here for four years and I still enjoy what I do.

Pros

Good money working here.

Cons

Washroom can be more tidy.

Best job ever

Well.ca is such a great place to work. All the workers here are so friendly. Love my team lead and love the fact she open to suggest on the afternoon shift. Can’t say enough about the management, there so down to earth and I feel at ease working here. The pay itself is very good with amazing benefits to go with it. I have been here for a year and it’s change my work life for the better. I enjoy packing customers orders, it gives me a feeling of appreciation. By far the best job.

Pros

Pay and benefits are great.

Cons

This place is perfect.

Scrapping by

It’s a job. But not a great one by any means. If your looking for work and need a job, this drop in centre will hire anybody. Pay is not that great. The bosses are cheap and very demanding when it come to orders needing out the door. If you decided to work here, make should your visit is a short one. You don’t want to be here longer then necessary. The job itself does not offer a proper matching RRSP or pension, so with the low wage you make here, you will sink when it comes to cost of living as well. If you have no life or bills to pay, this is an okay job.

Pros

Call in sick.

Cons

Cost of living.

One of the best places Ive ever

I've been working at well.ca in customer care for a few months and I love it. I have already qualified for benefits and received a pay raise. I was given adequate training and everything I need to work remotely. The team is incredible. We are always saying "it doesn't feel like im at home working alone because I have an army of support behind me!" I feel supported by not just my team lead but, even the director of customer care and manager of customer care. I have never reached out to them because I haven't had to, but I know that I could and they would help me! I feel so supported and empowered to do what is right for our customers. The customer service experience at well.ca is second to none. I have never seen a team work so amazingly together, like a well oiled machine.

Pros

Work remotely, great team atmosphere, benefits

Disappointing place to work

Hope your not planning to make a career out this job. My condolences to anybody who has work here a long time. I’ve seen more then enough to exit this place many months ago. I didn’t enjoy the way the team leads watch you like your at daycare. How fast you are working or if your talking to another employee. The pay is reasonable if you are on a steady diet of birdseeds. The benefits are okay if you have a visa to max out at $10,000 dollars to go with your benefits. Other wise then that, the only go thing is when your shift end.

Pros

Day dreaming at work for a better job.

Cons

Being watched like a hawk.

Easier to just fire you!

This company toys with your emotion. They enjoy upsetting employee in all kinds of way. If you talk to anybody, the team leads will move you. If your not moving fast enough, the team leads will wait til metrics to make you feel like you may get let go. Careful what you say to coworkers because if bosses or team leads get a whiff of it , they will uses it as fuel against you. They just let go of a coworker on receiving go. They gave this employee promotion but not a yearly pay raise. Their a lot more to this story , this coworker had a rough life and Well.ca clearly got rid of this employee because this employee made them feel uncomfortable. Instead of supporting their employee, Well.ca turn their back on employees and fired you as well.

Pros

A pay cheque.

Cons

Turn on employees!

Uses them & lose them!

We’re hiring on the spot. Boy has this business really gone downhill fast. That how desperately sad it’s become here. They don’t even look at your resume, they just need you because it’s their busy season coming up! They are like politicians here, promising perks that have been around when I worked their. Only different is their written different to make you believe their amazing, when their not. The raise they just received, should have been owed two years ago and they are just getting it now. Guess the next raise will be 2024. Cheap and cutthroat is the true meaning of “Well.ca”! Know soon you get hired , this business will hold on to you until after Christmas and you will be looking for another job. It’s their trade mark”uses them..then lose them”! Do yourself a solid and stay clear of this natural disaster…..

Pros

Believing in fake perks

Cons

Being used and being treated like doo

Easy Work thats boring.

Easy work that can get old really quickly and you will never feel as if you are apreciated there. I got a promotion and then due to getting a promotion didn't receive my yearly raise and then asked to get my promotion removed and then was given my yearly raise.I continued to work here for 2 months after that review was written and now have been fired with no explanation. I'm 19 my parents kicked me out of my house when I was 17 well.ca helped me get on my feet only to push me down again with no explanation I will succeed anyways its not a vibe working for A YEAR AND 2 MONTHS and getting fired wirh no explanation. Gtfo with that disrespect

Pros

They have a store where you can buy items that break

Cons

They do not treat everyone equaly in any possible sence, work ethic does not keep your job keeping mouth shut 247

Your future is not Well.ca

You know that feeling you get when your at a job for so long and you can’t accomplish anymore because the job itself is just to limited . This job is kinda like that. Everybody can do the same thing here. Their nothing that separates you from the pack. Probably why management doesn’t give raises and probably why turn over here is so high. Their is no skill set for this kind of work. It’s just another grocery store without people shopping inside the warehouse. I’m starting to realize I need to start looking for a job that requires more challenges and possibly higher wages to go with it. My recommendation to anybody new that wants to work here, maybe keep in mind this place has short comings and look for a career that will inspire you gain experience, rather then hang around this grocery store and gain nothing for your future.

Pros

Never just settle …it okay to do better

Cons

Too many grocery store already

Garbage

The pay is okay if your a teenager. The benefits are okay if you see the dentist once every four years. The hours are about the only good thing about this company. The pace of this place is a joke. They expect you to pick three to four carts of items in a hour. Okay! Then what four to eight with in a few weeks from now😆! Packing is a joke as well. They expect you to pack fast with next to none paper in the box. Their pushy here as well with the metrics. Always making you feel like if you don’t go fast enough you will be let go! The place is not worth your time or efforts.

Pros

Hours are good!

Cons

Faster, faster, faster = stress and no rises

Money hungry vultures

Well.ca uses people and throw them alway. This company will step on employees to get to the top at all cost. They hire people with no shame of using them, even if it’s for weeks or months. What ever it takes to make sure the money is pouring in, so these greedy vultures don’t run out of dough. Sad how this company never has enough money to give raises on a regular basis. But! It’s okay to rip employees off in wages to hit that production mark! This company takes care of its high up office employees, that sit in front of a computer and texting. While the true employees are out on the floor slaving for this company! Snap out of it Well.ca. Your making lots of money, but your losing the employee battle and someday nobody will ever work for this company due to the mistreating of good hard working employees.

Pros

Lunches and breaks….then going home!

Cons

Making money for a greedy owner!

Lazy ville

Working here is so easy! Most of the people here dog it all the time. If you can’t handle working here you have issues. Most of the time people are talking or walking around like the team leads doing nothing or watching someone. People complain about the wages here, but they don’t do much to get a raise. Can’t pay workers more if they dog like they do on the day shift. This job is the easiest place you will ever work!

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Lazy co workers

Any chimp can do this job

The work here is easy. That’s why everybody pretty much makes the same money working here. No one has special skill set here, just do the same thing over and over. Mindless work for easy money. I don’t break a sweat here at all.

Pros

Easy money

Cons

Boring work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Well.ca. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement