Well.ca
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

Well.ca Employee Reviews

(HR) children making adult decisions

HR is one of the biggest problem when come to work related issues here. They are never around to deal with anything. Until you get your back up, then they may do their job. I have dealt with all the HR in this place and they are incredibly useless and have no people skill whats so ever. Unfortunately the VP and the CEO protect their office people because they favour and value them over thee employees in the warehouse. So if you have a work related problem, I suggest you figure it out yourself because this HR team is incapable of dealings with workers. Also note that I was on a doctors note to reduced my work load and these jerks in HR told me that maybe I should step away from work or go on EI. Yet the problem was work related. Maybe HR need to step down or be released and accurately let someone with a brain do the thinking around here.

Pros

Nothing worth mentioning

Cons

HR needs to go bye bye 👋

Not your dream job…that for sure

I’m growing tired of working here. Even the fact you can’t find a packing spot until your a mile from the front door. I don’t appreciate snapping icicle off my nostrils while walking that mile to the front door. Then try to put your winter coat into a locker made for Stuart little. My least favour part of the day is the beginning. Looking up at the screen to see what job your doing and then the team lead giving the speech before every shift. Todays goal is (bah bah bah) and we got this. I would prefer they write down the goal and not say anything. That way I can start my day without hearing their nagging voices. And the way the team leads approach you isn’t always pleasant, it like their looking for you to make a mistake so they can belittle you and dwell on that mistake. Very close to landing another job. So hopefully don’t have to suffer much longer working here for peanuts.

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Parking and pay.

Lacks promise

I worked in shipping here for four years and I can tell you from the start to finish the place has not changed for the better. I left for the reason mainly. The money for what I was doing was pretty bad. I put my back out on many occasions doing shipping. The VP always talk about how the company is going to improve and where going to do this and that and nothing really changed in the four years I was here. The team leads left me short handed many shifts with no help for me and some of the other shippers. Let us get back up with boxes and expecting us to pull off miracles to get caught up. I believed the whole time I worked here that I would see raises and improvement , but never did. After two of those four years I should have left sooner. Looking back now I wish I never worked here at all!

Pros

Believing thing would change.

Cons

Wish I never work here.

My poor mental health

This place is a dumpster fire. The team leads are not very good at their jobs. We are always being pulled aside and told to go faster when it isn't possible. I was rudely approached on a few occasions saying I wasn't fast enough.HR didn't take me seriously when I brought up the negative comments made about the leads. On top of that, HR usually isn't here. When they are, they don't help much. They made us sign policies that they later used loopholes to get employees in that weren't vaccinated, even after they said we had too.I felt so depressed coming to work here every day. The pay is not near enough and the positive work culture they mention is nothing but the opposite, it's toxic. My mental health suffered greatly here on the lack of care and support this company says they give. So happy to be gone from here. I will be taking time away from work while I deal with the mental health problems this company had caused me.

Pros

Not much, really

Cons

Toxic

Pay up!

Working here wouldn’t get you far in life. Your bank account will go down and your blood pressure will go up! Waiting for a raise is like waiting for a turtle to cross the finish line on a ten mile track. Even if you get a raise it still not enough to make a difference, because you will still be eating Kraft dinner instead of steak. They make lots of money in this company to be so cheap with raises. I guessing they didn’t get the “memo” that the cost of living is going up!

Pros

Finding a higher paying job.

Cons

Kraft dinner every night.

Waste of work life

Don’t look now. But! Not only are you aging, but your wasting your life working here. That is a hard lesson I learn working here. The work itself is not hard, it’s the people that push you to the brink is the problem here. They cram metrics down your throat and don’t let up with it. Instead of doing your job good and with care, they prefer you to speed up and throw everything in a box because every minute counts I guess. The team leads are useless and terrible at their job. They would be better off hiring pigeons to replace them. At least pigeons are not on the cell phone all day wasting time when they could be helping you with production on the line. Team lead here never listen to suggestions. I guess they only like to listen to the sound of the ocean between their ears.

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Team leads

Don’t waste a resume here

Anybody who thinks this company pays well or believes this is a good place to work should get check out for drug use or brain damage. There is no way this company is remotely close to that description. Far and away from it! The pay here is still three to four dollars away from what the lowest pay employee is getting paid now. You can’t survive on this wage. You will go broke working here. The turnover in this place is so bad that their running out of people in Guelph to hire. Not to mention the VP is three apples short of a fruit cake when it comes to make a business decision for the company.

Pros

Leaving for greener pastures.

Cons

Moving back home from going broke here!

Perfect place too work

I don’t know how anybody could say bad things about this company. I think their are worse companies out there. The bosses and team leads are hard working individuals that give it their all. The wages are excellent here as well. I make more then enough to get by. Most people I talk too here also think the wages are excellent. When I come to work , people in general look happy being here. I can’t find anything wrong with this company, it perfect the way it is.

Pros

Good pay .

Cons

Nothing at all.

Family atmosphere

I like working here and I know a lot of people that I work with like it here too. Very family like atmosphere here at Well.ca! Probably one of the better place I worked for in a long time. They treat you with a lot of respect here and lots of workers tend to stay here because of the money. Pretty good money for easy working place. I have worked here for four years and I still enjoy what I do.

Pros

Good money working here.

Cons

Washroom can be more tidy.

Awesome place to work

Love everything about this job. Easy work for good wages. You would be crazy to work any where else. Their so easy going here and everybody looks happy being here. The bosses are nice and I enjoy the great communication between the team leads and workers. Job security is important to me and I believe this place stands by that. They away give away free stuff too, which is nice to enjoy snacks at work.I love that the CEO puts the company and worker in a good position to succeed on a everyday basis.

Pros

Good job with lots of perks

Best job ever

Well.ca is such a great place to work. All the workers here are so friendly. Love my team lead and love the fact she open to suggest on the afternoon shift. Can’t say enough about the management, there so down to earth and I feel at ease working here. The pay itself is very good with amazing benefits to go with it. I have been here for a year and it’s change my work life for the better. I enjoy packing customers orders, it gives me a feeling of appreciation. By far the best job.

Pros

Pay and benefits are great.

Cons

This place is perfect.

Scrapping by

It’s a job. But not a great one by any means. If your looking for work and need a job, this drop in centre will hire anybody. Pay is not that great. The bosses are cheap and very demanding when it come to orders needing out the door. If you decided to work here, make should your visit is a short one. You don’t want to be here longer then necessary. The job itself does not offer a proper matching RRSP or pension, so with the low wage you make here, you will sink when it comes to cost of living as well. If you have no life or bills to pay, this is an okay job.

Pros

Call in sick.

Cons

Cost of living.

Pack this I’m out of here!

I could stand to work here anymore. They got on me about my packing all the time. We’re packing an order for a customers. We are not going to space to fix a probe. We’re packing orders! They tell me I’m putting to much paper, then not putting enough paper. For a company that is cheap when it comes to supplies, maybe i shouldn’t put anything in the box. Well I left now so they can pack it the way they want. Never in my life have I been under payed and corrected so many times about the way I work. Not to mention the useless trainer that trained me to pack that way! Wouldn’t recommend this place to anybody, even if they need a pay cheque. The job gets old and boring quick.

Pros

Working for the city now.

Cons

Get the pack out of here, why u can!

Potty packing

Wouldn’t recommend this job to anybody. To many issues within this company. Team leads are very useless and will never break a sweat to help anybody out. The team leads are more vocal then physical. They like to over see thing like an eagle perched in a tree. Always watching you from a distance to make should your grounded at your pack station. And don’t be surprised if the company in the future has portable potty’s at each pack station. They don’t like you going to the bathroom on company time. Never stand near the punch clock a few minutes before you go home because they will get upset at you. I guess they think you should be able to pack 20 orders in that few minutes.

Pros

Bring a good lunch to work.

Cons

Being watched like inmates.

The tale of two

I can’t believe people are still applying here. The message is clear. Nobody cares about you as an employee in this so called”family” company! Far from it. And if you believe for one moment that this place is good, you are lying to yourself and everybody else. The money that this place brings in feeds the sharks in the top of this company food chain. The rest of the minnows (employees) get the scraps left over. Wonder what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot? Nobody in the office seems to loss their job, wonder why that is. Every employee on the floor always has to worry about losing their job…wonder why the is…..🤔!!!!! It’s because the CEO cares about her precious little office people. Look at the turnover in the office compared to the employees on the floor. Employees losses that battle. Not to mention the CEO only take the office people to a fancy restaurant for Christmas . Are we thee employees not all under the same roof at the warehouse. Talk about showing your hand at cards to the rest of us. Their are two level here at well.ca the upper class( office folks) and the low end(employees).

Pros

Show them too me!

Cons

A divide family company with problems!

Trust is broken

Wow! Well.ca is something else. You tell people that you want proof of vaccination and yet you hire a person who is not fully vaccinated. Like most of your policies, they don’t stick. Rules are rules . What goes for one employee goes for all employees. You put my health at risk and all the other workers too. Shame on your polices and shame on management for letting this happen. When I became aware by other employees about this individual, it broke my trust in Well.ca .

Pros

Don’t lie to employee.

Cons

Trust is no longer.

Bye Well.ca! Hello better future

On your mark! Get ready! STOP!!!! Were you really going to apply here. Are you crazy? Do you really want to work for a company that uses you like a wet paper towel after you dry your hands and throws you away. Well! I would hope not. In my time here at Well.ca I have seen employees treated just like that. Now that the pandemic is lifting slowly and more jobs are opening up again you can now see a brighter future then working at Well.ca! I have changed a lot of light bulbs in my time, but the light is alway burnt out at Well.ca and with no light , your future at Well.ca will be burnt out too.

Pros

Happy at my new job

Cons

Crazy to work here🤪

One of the best places Ive ever

I've been working at well.ca in customer care for a few months and I love it. I have already qualified for benefits and received a pay raise. I was given adequate training and everything I need to work remotely. The team is incredible. We are always saying "it doesn't feel like im at home working alone because I have an army of support behind me!" I feel supported by not just my team lead but, even the director of customer care and manager of customer care. I have never reached out to them because I haven't had to, but I know that I could and they would help me! I feel so supported and empowered to do what is right for our customers. The customer service experience at well.ca is second to none. I have never seen a team work so amazingly together, like a well oiled machine.

Pros

Work remotely, great team atmosphere, benefits

Cons

Better paying jobs out there

If your a hard worker this is the last place you want to work. No matter how much you do it goes unnoticed. Sure once in while they may mention you on an email or post it. But don’t expect a rises or management going to come out and throw a party for your achievement . No they will just want more and replace you when you stop being productive from being stressing out with how cheap and frustrating this company is to work for. I now work for a bigger company making better money and not living on scraps Well.ca provided.

Pros

Don’t get me started!

Cons

Wages that stink.

Team lead stock their prey

If I had to do it over again I would have avoided working here all together. I felt negative thoughts working here. It was so bad that when I was packing I wanted to throw something at the team leads looking over my shoulder from the distance. Or when I was picking the team leads would walk around and watch you like they expect that I’m going to move faster cause their watching me. It’s a good thing we’re wearing mask because if they could read my lips it wouldn’t be good. Can believe jobs still do these stupid stunts to make a person uncomfortable at work. Well I’m not there anymore and I don’t miss being watch like a criminal.

Pros

None here.

Cons

Uncomfortable stressful place to work.

Disappointing place to work

Hope your not planning to make a career out this job. My condolences to anybody who has work here a long time. I’ve seen more then enough to exit this place many months ago. I didn’t enjoy the way the team leads watch you like your at daycare. How fast you are working or if your talking to another employee. The pay is reasonable if you are on a steady diet of birdseeds. The benefits are okay if you have a visa to max out at $10,000 dollars to go with your benefits. Other wise then that, the only go thing is when your shift end.

Pros

Day dreaming at work for a better job.

Cons

Being watched like a hawk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Well.ca. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7Job security/advancement